It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ashley Madison, infamous infidelity website, target of data hack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
I was merely saying the website needs to be shut down and commercials taken off the TV.

What LEGAL reason is there to do so?

Again, if SCIENCE can prove something is destructive and wrong, it should be illegal.

Lying on the beach too long can lead to skin cancer which is destructive, should we ban this too?

I am ok with morality being decided by SCIENTIFIC FACTS, not religious dogma.

Good for you, if you want to live in a scientocracy then go find one.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
No I won't rephrase it, its in perfect English and I believe you know exactly what I'm talking about...

I do not, that is why I asked.

Culpability???
Blaming the victim lulz.

A relationship is a two person affair. If one partner is, say, emotionally unfulfilling or becomes asexual then the other partner will look to fill those needs elsewhere. There are typically two people to blame when relationships devolve to this point except in the case of serial cheaters.

edit on 20-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Blackmail !!

just in time for the 2016 elections !!

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You couldn't grasp that if the lawmakers ignore law, then so should society... (Do not bring up rape or murder, red herrings are unwelcome)...

Otherwise it is tyranny, not freedom.

Anyways, why are you telling others their morality isn't important while you decry about privacy...
Privacy is not a right...
That's why P.I's are legal...
That's why wire tapping with a warrant is legal...
That's why CCTV is legal...

Privacy is a fantasy at worst, your morality at best.
edit on 20-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

No there typically isn't...
That's typically your opinion on the matter...
That's typically an excuse outside of the most rare of occasions that it's actually true.

*also an opinion*

*And until a mind reading peer reviewed study comes along both will remain so*

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You couldn't grasp that if the lawmakers ignore law, then so should society... (Do not bring up rape or murder, red herrings are unwelcome)...

Huh? Where in the United States is hacking legal or it being ignored?

Anyways, what are you telling others there morality isn't important while you decry about privacy...
Privacy is not a right...
That's why P.I's are legal...
That's why wire tapping with a warrant is legal...
That's why CCTV is legal...

Privacy is a fantasy at worst, your morality at best.

Your PRIVATE information provided to a PRIVATE, legal website is indeed considered PRIVATE in the eyes of the law, whether it is a banking site or one that facilitates you cheating on your spouse.. Please show elsewhere if this is not true.

This was not a private investigator, nor a warranted wire tap, nor a CCTV recording the public at large. Poor analogies.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Klassified

If psychology can prove something causes people to have life long debilitating PTSD, then we sure in F&#/# don't need a website and TV commercials promoting it.

Yes we should be moral creatures, and modern psychology has answered this question. This is not about religion, it is about INDISPUTABLE FACTS.

Talking about this?

Considering children from broken families are at a high risk of failing and turning to crime, I think it is about time that A-holes put their kids before sex.

Then perhaps we need to make divorce illegal too. As well as any number of other things we deem as a cause to legislate morality. Not that I buy into the pseudo-psychological claims to begin with.

We may not agree with what they are doing, but it is none of your business, or mine, until it is one of our spouses doing it. And by the way, because of the high divorce rate in the U.S. a good portion of the population come from broken homes. Yet the majority are not criminals. Go figure.
edit on 7/20/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

No there typically isn't...

Actually there is:

Probably the most commonly cited cause of infidelity is a sense of emotional disconnection from a partner. The person committing the infidelity will often describe having felt unappreciated, lonely, and sad. These emotions can often lead to the secondary feelings of anger and resentment. Emotional roots can lead to affairs both emotional and physical in nature. An emotional affair may start off looking like a friendship, but over time the level of intimacy increases and more personal information, especially that relating to dissatisfaction and unhappiness in their primary relationship, can become an integral part of the dynamic. The “friend” begins to take on the role as the partner, becoming a substitute in thoughts, plans, and fantasies. Source

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

A relationship is a two person affair. If one partner is, say, emotionally unfulfilling or becomes asexual then the other partner will look to fill those needs elsewhere. There are typically two people to blame when relationships devolve to this point except in the case of serial cheaters.

Don't buy this argument at all. If things are so horrible with a spouse that withholds love and sex, and they have no interest in trying to improve things, then end the marriage. There is no honor in cheating - ever.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Cheating is a crime commented against another person. Crimes against other people should be illegal. What you do to yourself is none of my business.

You are arguing for the freedom to hurt others.

Their is no law requiring you to enter into a monogamous relationship. However, if you enter into a monogamous relationship it should be illegal to cheat, because of the impact it has on the other person.

We should not be allowed the freedom to do what SCIENCE has proved destructive.

If you want more than one partner enter into an open relationship. Monogamy might not be for everyone, that is your business, but you should not have the right to hurt others.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Don't buy this argument at all.

See above. It is a reality.

You may opt to end the relationship right there but others frequently do not take that tact.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Cheating is a crime commented against another person.

Show me the relative civil or criminal statute.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Exactly.

Cheating IS A CRIME, even if the law books fail to recognize this. Psychology has already proven that cheating is a crime against others.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The NSA have ignored it for years...
So has every other branch of government...

But you're right, I should have said a wire tap without a warrant because that's exactly the same thing, a breach of privacy and a law that is flagrantly ignored by its enforcers as well.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Cheating IS A CRIME...

Is sunbathing a crime? I demonstrated its very possible destructive outcome.

edit on 20-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The hackers definitely took it a bit far..this is not how you deal, however in this case who cares?

OP, am i supposed to feel bad for this site or its' members? I do not. Damn near every American has had their info stolen already at some point..

The difference in this case is each and every member of that site is a scumbag who deserves to have their info stolen.

Seriously, i hope the hackers upload everything they have got. **** a cheater.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

You may opt to end the relationship right there but others frequently do not take that tact.

The honorable thing to do is to end the marriage so you can move on with someone else. The end of the marriage can (and probably should) be blamed on both parties. Cheating can only be blamed on the cheater.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Cheating is a crime commented against another person.

Show me the relative civil or criminal statute.

My mother is enough proof that it was and is a crime. I don't need a law book to distinguish right from wrong.

But apparently YOU don't have the ability to distinguish right from wrong unless it is written in a law book.
edit on 20-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

The NSA have ignored it for years...
So has every other branch of government...

Bull, hackers are prosecuted regularly in the United States, I have no idea where you are getting your anecdotes from.

But you're right, I should have said a wire tap without a warrant because that's exactly the same thing, a breach of privacy and a law that is flagrantly ignored by its enforcers as well.

I would wager my life savings that these hackers will be prosecuted as well if they are located.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

No it's still an opinion masked as a study...

Only possible way to prove it would be to read the cheaters mind...

So really you're going on the cheaters word... lulz

Cheater>>Deceptive>>Liar>>Untrustworthy citation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join