It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's storm

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

A system hit Arizona so hard I'm pretty sure I got passed by Noah.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Where in AZ.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It didn't last long here. I rolled out of bed about 4 and it's sunny again. I was hoping for more.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Update to my opening post:

Local news indicates we received more than 300 lightning strikes per hour for 13 hours straight over the last 24 hour period.

We have so far 2.88 inches of rain from midnight thru now, breaking our local record of rain in July set back in 1950 of .83 of an inch!, and we broke that record in less than 1 day.

The highest sustained wind speed from this system was 4 mph with gusts up to 7 mph.

We have more coming beginning tonite, with outlook of heavy rainfall of 1 additional inch falling tomorrow into Tuesday.

Still no wind expected.

More Thunderstorms expected.

This is good news for our aquifers.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Off and on through Kingman, but by far the worst was around Ash Fork and Flagstaff.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I am NOT in or near So Ca. HURRICANES have wind driven rain. We have had rain from hurricane remnants but wind drove the rain. This system came with 5mph winds!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was caught in a wicked snowstorm in Flagstaff 4 years ago. Never forget it.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Off and on through Kingman, but by far the worst was around Ash Fork and Flagstaff.

I'm way south/west.

When I'm in AZ.
edit on 19-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
I know that the rule of ATS is that if there are no pics, it didn't happen. But this DID,

Last night, in Central coast area of CA, we experienced a never before intense lightning, thunder, and rain storm. It is still rolling thunder as I type this. As I posted previously, I am a CA native and have lived in this area for all of my 53 years of life. I have NEVER experienced the relentless lightning and thunder storm we experienced beginning last night around midnight. my dogs, all 7 of them, were besides themselves with fear. Needless to say, I got little sleep.

This storm has an unnatural feel about it. We need the rain, quite desperately, but Im telling you this was different in a intensity and duration; it literally parked over my neighborhood and hell unleashed for hours. Flash lightning and bolt lighting, rolling, roaring, house shaking thunder. Rain poured without wind. Looking out the window, I see no noticable wind.

This is bizarre. But as bizzare as it is, I thank the Creator for the much , much needed rain.

If this is posted in the wrong forun, please move it, ans my apologies.

Anyone else experience this Ca weather event?

its not never before, we had exact same weather in the 90's, must be an immigrant californian. Nothing miraculous here. ever heard of el nino

I thank the weather for the much needed rain, i thank you for the weather report.
edit on 19-7-2015 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Is it time for California mud slides again? That a rough ride for some unfortunate home owner.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Worst storm you have experienced since 1969?

Right now there looks to be some tropical moisture/instability California is experiencing from the remnant low pressure system that used to be a hurricane.

I was looking at this earlier. I think this is what your refering to.

earth.nullschool.net.../wind/surface/level/orthographic=-103.48,43.34,579

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'm currently hanging out in the PV foothills watching it pour.

I'd have another IPA and just enjoy it if I didn't have to drive back down the hill.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In Desert Center a bridge collapsed closing I-10, and flooding has blocked all lanes in the area.

m.kesq.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I know that the rule of ATS is that if there are no pics, it didn't happen. But this DID,

Last night, in Central coast area of CA, we experienced a never before intense lightning, thunder, and rain storm. It is still rolling thunder as I type this. As I posted previously, I am a CA native and have lived in this area for all of my 53 years of life. I have NEVER experienced the relentless lightning and thunder storm we experienced beginning last night around midnight. my dogs, all 7 of them, were besides themselves with fear. Needless to say, I got little sleep.

This storm has an unnatural feel about it. We need the rain, quite desperately, but Im telling you this was different in a intensity and duration; it literally parked over my neighborhood and hell unleashed for hours. Flash lightning and bolt lighting, rolling, roaring, house shaking thunder. Rain poured without wind. Looking out the window, I see no noticable wind.

This is bizarre. But as bizzare as it is, I thank the Creator for the much , much needed rain.

If this is posted in the wrong forun, please move it, ans my apologies.

Anyone else experience this Ca weather event?

California is getting house cleaned by god

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It has been raining today and yesterday here in Orange County.

Well, we need it but nothing super natural. Don't worry, it will be nice and dry by end of next week.

Now my bigger worry is that Jerry Clown and his associates will take this opportunity to send SWAT units to anyone who is collecting water. We are after all we are in a drought .. ehm... water mis-management for decades .. eheeemm.. drought sounds better.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I live on the south coast of the UK and some time ago we had a thunder storm, the like of which I have never experienced before here. The noise from one particular thunder clap sounded like a bomb had literally gone off in our bedroom. We don't get weather like this normally but even the rain fall sometimes here is blinding. I am older than you so can go back a little further in experience - but times and climes are changing. (In the UK I just wish we could get a little hotter with more sunshine, nothing dramatic just a summer more than once every 7 odd years, I envy you your California climate).

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

Read my prior posts on this thread. I accept your apology.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: flyandi

Tom Selleck should have waited a few more days, huh?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

True, warm summer rain is very unusual in CA. Typical in other places---more like Florida than CA. Disgustingly humid too.

In San Diego the previous rain record for July 18 was 0.01 inches.

It was the end of a Pacific hurricane. There will be more as El Nino adds on to global warming.
edit on 20-7-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

a reply to: jrod

We do have storms in this area, just not in excess of 12 hours nonstop thunder, lightning and winless rain. Last serious storm here was in 1969.

Yes, The last time we had a SUMMER storm that bad was in July of '69, but that was much worse than this last weekend.
It never rains or thunders like that on the valley floor in july

<< 1  2    4 >>

join