It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California's storm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I know that the rule of ATS is that if there are no pics, it didn't happen. But this DID,

Last night, in Central coast area of CA, we experienced a never before intense lightning, thunder, and rain storm. It is still rolling thunder as I type this. As I posted previously, I am a CA native and have lived in this area for all of my 53 years of life. I have NEVER experienced the relentless lightning and thunder storm we experienced beginning last night around midnight. my dogs, all 7 of them, were besides themselves with fear. Needless to say, I got little sleep.

This storm has an unnatural feel about it. We need the rain, quite desperately, but Im telling you this was different in a intensity and duration; it literally parked over my neighborhood and hell unleashed for hours. Flash lightning and bolt lighting, rolling, roaring, house shaking thunder. Rain poured without wind. Looking out the window, I see no noticable wind.

This is bizarre. But as bizzare as it is, I thank the Creator for the much , much needed rain.

If this is posted in the wrong forun, please move it, ans my apologies.

Anyone else experience this Ca weather event?
edit on 1437322878Sunday31Sun, 19 Jul 2015 11:21:18 -0500amSunday21111131 by Ultralight because: typos

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

It is still rolling thunder as I type this. As I posted previously, I am a CA native and have lived in this area for all of my 53 years of life.

Jealous up north in SF Bay Area. I miss the storms for days and lightning we used to get here…

This am saw big thunderhead anvil to the west.

Hope we get some, too.

ETA: Okay, Maybe we will…

edit on 19-7-2015 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
In my entire life....

I never saw that much lightening and thunder in California.

It honestly felt like Dallas or Houston. It was almost evil.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I will never forget a storm that rolled through central ohio back in like 2002 or 2003. Ive never been so alarmed in my life.

It was dead of winter, we had good 3 or 4 inchs of snow cover. Not a typical time for severe weather like that here. Storm rolled in middle of the night, jolted me outta bed. I thought we were being bombed, the lightning was so intense and frequent that there was no rolling thunder. It sounded like explosions less than a full second appart. Just boom, boom, boom, boom.

I have never experianced anything like it before or sense.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We are getting microbursts and heavy rain in Arizona too. It is supposed to be due to the El Nino. They think the 2015-2016 El Nino may be as strong as the 1997-1998 one.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Evil is a good description. Certainly not California weather event of days gone by. This was, and still is, violent. But no wind. Still no wind...growling thunder and pouring rain falling straight due to lack of wind.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
it was beautiful!

i had no clue a storm was coming, all of a sudden it got dark and i started to hear thunder! and then a few minutes later, it began pouring!. my front neighbors pulled out their phones are started recording this extremely alien event lol.

the best part though was when the electricity went out [for about 4 hours] on my side a town. as my neighbors were in their cars trying to keep busy with music, air conditioning and charging/using their cellphones i dragged my sofa to my front patio and laid on my sofa with a beer enjoying this beautiful light show as night fell. best. saturday. ever.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In Colorado we have been experiencing something like that, extreme downpours that occur for a couple mins to a hour. They come out of nowhere and return to nowhere. Colorado is known for extreme weather but it is definitely getting more violent and sudden.

When I say extreme - I mean people have to stop driving! I get out of my car to give someone a pizza and I am absolutely drenched just walking to the door and back...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I dare say a number of communities across the globe have seen the same thing.

Thank whoever you prey to for this 'wet storm'- to say that rain is welcome is an understatement. Many folk have had to watch 'dry storms' roll over and not get a drop. Hopefully there is enough rain to quench the thirst of the catchments.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Lodi , CA here ... wee more like woodbridge .

Anyway I was driving home last night and I could see lightning flashes ( its dark on these country roads ) but I was not able to make out where they were coming from. i was puzzled because their was no clouds in the sky.

Just thought I would add my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I will never forget a storm that rolled through central ohio back in like 2002 or 2003. Ive never been so alarmed in my life.

It was dead of winter, we had good 3 or 4 inchs of snow cover. Not a typical time for severe weather like that here. Storm rolled in middle of the night, jolted me outta bed. I thought we were being bombed, the lightning was so intense and frequent that there was no rolling thunder. It sounded like explosions less than a full second appart. Just boom, boom, boom, boom.

I have never experianced anything like it before or sense.

Had something happen like that down here in East NC a couple years back, I think it was sometime in fall. The storm didn't go directly over me, it was southeast of where I was, over Hatteras I think, but it sounded like bombs going off, didn't sound like thunder at all. It had me really worried, but then I started looking into it and I think it's called positive-strike lightning, and sounds more like explosions than rumbles.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Really happy Californians are getting some much needed rain. There's massive amounts of energy sitting south west of you, both the Pacific Blob and El Nino. I hope it doesn't become a flooding situation for all of you though.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
We skirted most of the California storm coming along I-15, then I-40. Then drove into two or three of the worst rain storms I've ever driven through up around Flagstaff.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sounds like a supercell.

I was in one about a decade ago in Sydney/AUS.. i never want to see another one.

And i adore a good storm.

It took out a massive amount of ADSL modems and com networks, it came so fast no one had time to unplug.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

The windless rain has not let up now since midnight last night. Still experiencing the rolling thunder and intermittent power outages. Lighting is here as well. 12 hours now, nonstop.

We don't ever have these lingering lightning storms in this area. Again, very thankful for the rain.

This is just...very unnatural.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

12 hours.. well, that is different.

Our big one was about 2 hours and scary enough.. but 12.. yeah id be a bit freaked by now.

Stay safe.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

We are, thank you. Just concerned about our animals, who are frightened of the thunder.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Really?

I've seen huge thunder storms in SoCA in my lifetime.

Born and bred - - near 70 years.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Looks like California is experiencing weather from the remnants of Hurricane Dolores.

Typical of a strong El Nino year.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That storm was nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join