It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERES. Contact May Have Been Made.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong
The squid thingy is a resounding theme in Baxter's work...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Definitely self-illuminated.

Maybe it's some new kind of element we haven't discovered. Some kind of mineral that seeped up to the surface?
edit on 15-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

First, the spots are brighter than the illumination of the day side. Ice or salt would not do this.

And your expertise is what to make this statement....

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

First, the spots are brighter than the illumination of the day side. Ice or salt would not do this.

No expert needed. Throw some ice or salt outside at night. Is it glowing bright?
edit on 15-7-2015 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So we have Ceres and new Pluto images, but why can we see them, does the light from the sun have enough energy to light up the surface of these far out planetoids?

Real question as I really don't know??? I guess apparently the sun light is strong enough to light up the surface, I just thought the outer planets would all be dark worlds but these pics show otherwise.

Oh I demand a drone/rover be sent there immediately!!!
edit on 15-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

That's some pure logic right there!

However, if you pour some nice white salt onto a darker soil and shine a light on it, it will reflect more light back, thus appearing to glow.
It's more about reflecting light than glowing.

Does water on earth glow? No, yet when seen from space with the right lighting it can reflect brightly, thus appear to glow.
I think that's what he's getting at.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

No expert needed. Throw some ice or salt outside at night. Is it glowing bright?

Here is light and typically the center of an impact is a high pointed buildup that seems to be in that light. I'm also not sure though how you go from that to "contact"....

You make absolute statements so I'm guessing you have some superior power to conclude as you do....

edit on 15-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kromlech

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Actually yes. That is one of the problems with the ice melting, the ice reflects the sunlight (reflected light means brighter), and when the ice melts less is reflected increasing the warming effect.

Go outside in the winter and the sun coming off the snow/ice can blind you. It's funny when ignorant people make these statements.
edit on 15-7-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

i like the train of your freethinking process. me too, i think it could be lights from a city or an unknown element glowing.

but it also could be that ceres is burning inside and its outer crust developed holes.

or like our heavily speculated over agartha. maybe there are beings living inside ceres and have their own sun inside.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
What about the giant statue, or what appears to be a giant statue right next to the light in the center? There was some discussion about it here on ATS.

I think Ceres may be some kind of abandoned mining outfit. The bright spots are probably leftover traces of whatever was being mined. My opinion.

Where is Phage? This is right up his alley....

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

or something...

Unfathomable to you mindset?

No one will look foolish either. A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but - the lights go OFF as soon as the white dots hit the shadow area by Ceres rotation.

Yes, I guess that Ceres itself might not get enough light for a human eye to be comfortable with, so the lights in this city/station/whatever might be on the whole "day". But at "night", the lights should be really on, right?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Early indications are the bright spots are caused by reflective material. The most likely source is the object that created the crater in the first place.

Either there is some form of crystal structures under the surface that was uncovered by the impact or the reflective material is a deposit made by the object that impacted the surface.

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

This is my definition of a real mystery, and I love real mysteries. I want it to be final proof we are not alone, real tangible ship that is unequivocally indisputable. it's exciting stuff for sure.

Can't wait either way, because I'm destined to learn something new........once we determine what is causing this anomaly.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

This is my definition of a real mystery, and I love real mysteries. I want it to be final proof we are not alone, real tangible ship that is unequivocally indisputable. it's exciting stuff for sure.

Can't wait either way, because I'm destined to learn something new........once we determine what is causing this anomaly.

Wanting it to be and it actually being is the difference between science and fiction....

The bright spots are not self illuminating.. they are caused by a reflective material which is reflecting sunlight...

Now you have to ask yourself a question.... what is the most likely source of reflective material on Ceres? Is it: -

A) Ice or other natural crystalline structure

or

B) Unnatural formation either built by us or by an Alien civilization....

Please follow the logic....

Korg.

edit on 15-7-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

I understand the logic in your statement.

What if someone from pluto did a flyby of earth and saw bright spots?

Would their logical conclusion not turn out to be incorrect?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Oh for freaks sake have any of you lot taken a photo at a concert ? Those who have will suddenly realise what I am about to say, slap their forehead and go DUH!

If you take a picture of a dark object (crowd at a concert in foreground ) with a brightly lit object on stage (the performer) you will get one of two pictures :

A. Perfectly illimunated crowd (ie Ceres body) and an over exposed "glowing" performer (the anomaly).
or
B. A black area where the crowd would be and a perfectly exposed performer.

If NASA had produced a picture that exposed the very small patch perfectly the rest of Ceres would be a black featureless blob, a total waste of a photo, waste of energy and waste of time. I would suspect the camera on the craft is using auto exposure and would be needed to be told to under expose. However, there is no point doing that until the anomaly can fill the frame more so that any detail can be made out in order to determine what it really is.

Oh and have you noticed that it stops "glowing" once in full shadow. In other words it's reflecting the incident light. DUH!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

pffft, logic smogic.

I came for the aliens.

I'll just leave with the salt crystal theory and be over here if you need me.

disclosure grinch

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Yeah I've been saying this.

Looks like city lights.

This is the first time I have seen this (started using ATS again recently after a while out) and holy mother of ...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I understand the logic in your statement.

What if someone from pluto did a flyby of earth and saw bright spots?

Would their logical conclusion not turn out to be incorrect?

The question is nonsensical.

There is a lot more than simply light reflections coming from earth.... other than the massive amounts of space junk and satellites and Data Coms signals there are images such as these: -

Images courtesy of the beyond amazing Samantha Christoforetti.

And you say we should jump to the same conclusion when we see this...

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

pffft, logic smogic.

I came for the aliens.

I'll just leave with the salt crystal theory and be over here if you need me.

disclosure grinch

To know the truth one must first discount the false.... This is the true way to solve any mystery.

Korg.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join