It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERES. Contact May Have Been Made.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
May have been said a million times but an artificially illuminated city would not light up like that in daylight unless it was covered in a mirrored dome.

Although if I were building a domed habitat I would build it in the center of an impact crater because the lower odds of being hit by another meteor like lightening striking same place twice.

Any other reasons the middle of a crater is a good place to build? Shelter opposed to non crater? Maximum daylight providing you must build inside the crater.

Lowest place accumulates most moisture/heavier molecules?

Btw I don't think it's artificial, will happily eat my hat, but I'm going for ice/glass'type impact heat reaction or the planet is made Of Quartz and we are about to discover more gold that will trigger a gold rush 21st century style with prospectors trying to fire themselves there in homemade rockets and scuba tanks!

Interesting points, but how bright does it get on Ceres during the day? From what I heard earlier on when Dawn was approaching Ceres was it's pretty dark over there...

Ceres's low gravity also means it has virtually no atmosphere, so you wouldn't experience weatheror see any sky colors while living on the dwarf planet. Instead, the sky would be a clear black, though you likely wouldn't be able to see many other asteroids through your spacesuit helmet because objects in the belt are generally about one million miles apart from each other.

Ceres is nearly three times as far away from the sun as Earth is. In the middle of Ceres's 9-hour-long day, the sun would only be about 15 percent as bright and a third as large as it would be at noon on Earth.

And sunrises wouldn't be much to write home about — it takes all of 45 seconds to go from pitch black to full sun on Ceres, Lewicki said. But if you did send a message home, you could expect a response from between 15 minutes to more than 30 minutes, depending on how close Earth and Ceres are.

Source

Also in the rotating GIF the spots appear before rotating to it's dark side. They cannot be seen in the beginning of the animation. So one can argue they do switch on when it gets dark. I'm wondering if it is a natural phenomenon, when Cere's get dark, it is extremely cold so I'm wondering how extreme frigid arctic temperatures could cause this phenomenon. Seems like heat would cause an eruption of some sort of something to rise to the surface, not cold temperature...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Easy answer. If pictures from the dark side of Ceres show it bright then it isn't a reflection. Then the questions get very interesting.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Seems like heat would cause an eruption of some sort of something to rise to the surface, not cold temperature

You might be 'spot on' with spot 5, but spot 1 is even cooler than it's surroundings. How cool is that?

These images, from Dawn's visible and infrared mapping spectrometer (VIR), highlight two regions on Ceres containing bright spots. The top images feature a bright spot scientists have labeled "1" (located at around 4 degrees north, 8 degrees east on Ceres' surface); the bottom images feature the spot labeled "5" (located at around 20 degrees north, 240 degrees east). Spot 5 actually contains two spots, which are the brightest on Ceres.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

originally posted by: Christosterone
I LOVE the idea of alien life....heck, I believe we will find proof of extraterrestrial life in this generation...

But dude, this is a really thin thread.....like sheets of atoms thin...
There is a 0% chance this is a city.....way more likely to be a photo anomaly/artifact than a ridiculous city...

Posts like this discredit those of us who truly believe in life existing everywhere in our galaxy....there is simply no chance a civilization capable of traversing the expanses of space would pick a crater on Ceres to build a society...
Sorry but that's the truth.
-Christosterone

(I'm new here. I'm replying to Christosterone.)

You really should rethink your assumptions. Has it ever occurred to you that the "aliens" might well be native to our Solar System just as we are? There is simply no need to imagine that they came from another star. They live here. One of the airless worlds around Sol is their home world.

a photo anomaly LOL ive heard that one before! are you sure youre not a nasa pr guy? do photo anomalys usually happen in the center of creators? give me a break.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Furchizedek

Additional explantation:

49:3.5 On the nonbreathing worlds the animal species are radically unlike those found on the atmospheric planets. The nonbreathing plan of life varies from the technique of existence on an atmospheric world; even in survival their peoples differ, being candidates for Spirit fusion. Nevertheless, these beings enjoy life and carry forward the activities of the realm with the same relative trials and joys that are experienced by the mortals living on atmospheric worlds. In mind and character the nonbreathers do not differ from other mortal types.

49:3.6 You would be more than interested in the planetary conduct of this type of mortal because such a race of beings inhabits a sphere in close proximity to [Earth]. -The Urantia Book

The Greys are here. They live here in the solar system with us. They are non-breathers. They may be a million years ahead of us technologically.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ah the Urantia book...I sadly lost my copy. I got lost trying to read it though, somewhere between Nebadon and the 7 Super Universes. Seriously, there was way to much going on in there for me.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Ah the Urantia book...I sadly lost my copy. I got lost trying to read it though, somewhere between Nebadon and the 7 Super Universes. Seriously, there was way to much going on in there for me.

Understood. But you can get another one. The one I like is the Uversa Press softcover, 2 column, Indexed edition with the free DVD of the complete audio reading. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, The Urantia Book virtually says that there's another race of mortals right here in our solar system. Maybe Pluto is their home world? Did you see the very large cryptic symbols on Pluto? Or Ganymede? Or the Moon? Or Mercury? There's plenty of places. Have you seen a picture of Umbriel, a moon of Uranus? It's about the same size as Ceres and looks a lot like it too and it has a circular "light" ring at the top of the photos of it. I suspect the "Greys" have been all over this solar system while we were still sleeping in the trees.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The Urantia cult is still around? Hoo-boy...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

The Urantia cult is still around? Hoo-boy...

I didn't know it was a cult. Thanks for telling me. If only you had said something sooner. I wasted so much time on it. I guess I'll throw my book away now.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

maybe its a bit much for most of us to grasp intellectually or otherwise
what makes it 'believeable' to you?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I LOVE the idea of alien life....heck, I believe we will find proof of extraterrestrial life in this generation...

But dude, this is a really thin thread.....like sheets of atoms thin...
There is a 0% chance this is a city.....way more likely to be a photo anomaly/artifact than a ridiculous city...

Posts like this discredit those of us who truly believe in life existing everywhere in our galaxy....there is simply no chance a civilization capable of traversing the expanses of space would pick a crater on Ceres to build a society...
Sorry but that's the truth.
-Christosterone
the craters have their own bubble atmosphere contained within its walls. Look it up.
They could be posting on their websites saying your existence is laughable as well

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

maybe its a bit much for most of us to grasp intellectually or otherwise
what makes it 'believeable' to you?

I don't know. It just is believable to me. I've had one since 1959. I think one of the reasons I think it's true is because of the old saying, "truth is stranger than fiction." It's so strange that it must be true, imo. The Adam and Eve papers, #74-77, are the strangest of all. And it's really not that hard to read. Yeah, some of it is a snoozer but most of it is easy enough. Even the stuff I don't really understand, I just read it anyway to get it into the subconscious. AdmireTheDistance above says it's a cult. I don't know in what way it's a cult really. Usually the only people who say that are Christians, to them any religion that is not theirs is a "cult." It's an easy charge to fling around. Most cults are personality cults, like the cult of Paul, but with The Urantia Book, it's just a book.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join