It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any actual ancient myths about begin coming from specific stars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: twentyoneawatcher
Not ancient but as a Mormon (born from the Freemasons) we were taught that we are from Kolob. Interesting Sci-fi fact the writer and director of Battlestar Galactica is a Mormon (humanoid population battling AI and seeking planet Earth for settlement)

A

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10

originally posted by: Marduk
I heard that the Native Americans got the idea of Aliens from the Hippies in the 1960’s and 1970’s and the elders humoured them

Absolutely not,
This particular collection of mythologies was collected in the late 19th century and published in 1912 .
Almost all of the collections I sourced in the link were collected by professional enthnologists and linguists, in the 19th century.
Many of the tellers of the stories learned them in precontact days and before christianisation and were only native speakers.

I wasn't referring to your native stories, but the claims made for extra terrestrial visitation, much more recently.
The fact that the story you posted claims that the girls could get back to earth from a star by making a rope of sinew and also that they could live on a star, clearly demonstrates that its just a story.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kazryll
Not ancient but as a Mormon (born from the Freemasons) we were taught that we are from Kolob. Interesting Sci-fi fact the writer and director of Battlestar Galactica is a Mormon (humanoid population battling AI and seeking planet Earth for settlement)

A

Ah yes, Joseph Smiths famous story of Abraham, which he personally translated from an Egyptian papyrus before Hieroglyphs could be translated

The Book of Abraham papyri were thought lost in the 1871 Great Chicago Fire. However, in 1966 several fragments of the papyri were found in the archives of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, and in the LDS Church archives. They are now referred to as the Joseph Smith Papyri. Upon examination by professional Mormon and non-Mormon Egyptologists, these fragments were found to bear no resemblance to Smith's interpretation, and were identified as common Egyptian funerary texts, dating to about the first century BC.

lol

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk well the Freemasons were being persecuted at the time and the "church" wasn't supposed to continue... But that's another story

A

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk double post, side note just watched Jupiter Ascending I found it fascinating (sorry off topic but probably closer to our truth)

edit on 7 15 15 by kazryll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the only one I can think of now is the ancient Egyptians
probably other Sun-worshipping groups besides them but not able to think of any

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

The Egyptians didn't believe any of their gods came from the stars.

Harte

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The Egyptian Gods were all masturbated out by the god Atum while he was sitting on a mountaintop
The reason you are not able to think of any is because you don't know what you're talking about

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

The Egyptian Gods were all masturbated out by the god Atum while he was sitting on a mountaintop
The reason you are not able to think of any is because you don't know what you're talking about

There's another reason he can't think of any.

there aren't any.

Harte

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Author Wayne Herschel (Author of the Hidden Recors) lists a number of ancient star maps on his website, belonging to different cultures from across the world and different time periods. www.thehiddenrecords.com...

There are some hints at the Pleiades constellation that you might find of interest; even though Herschel's theories often lack factual basis or are purely based on speculation.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoIkonEpifanes
Author Wayne Herschel (Author of the Hidden Recors) lists a number of ancient star maps on his website, belonging to different cultures from across the world and different time periods. www.thehiddenrecords.com...

There are some hints at the Pleiades constellation that you might find of interest; even though Herschel's theories often lack factual basis or are purely based on speculation.

My favourite part of Waynes nonsense was his rant where he claimed that ATS is a "large psy-ops website" who's mission is to show that he's an idiot.
www.thehiddenrecords.com... -faltskog
Good job ATS

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NeoIkonEpifanes

My favourite part of Waynes nonsense was his rant where he claimed that ATS is a "large psy-ops website" who's mission is to show that he's an idiot.
www.thehiddenrecords.com... -faltskog
Good job ATS

Mission accomplished.

Fixed your link: link

Harte

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The Dine or Navajo have a creation myth but didn't exactly come from another star system but rather a Dark World that they emerged from. A small floating island and people and animals where but mists of themselves until they emerged in the new world. No star though, sorry.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

If memory serves there was a star in the sky when Jesus was born regarding the Bible. Then there is the Dogon people of Mali connection to the star Sirius and the fact that they somehow knew about a third star the has been proven to exist but that you cannot see with the naked eye. To be honest there are 1000s of references throughout recorded history pertaining to creatures from the stars, the veracity of said legends is however up for debate.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-8-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

If memory serves there was a star in the sky when Jesus was born regarding the Bible. Then there is the Dogon people of Mali connection to the star Sirius and the fact that they somehow knew about a third star the has been proven to exist but that you cannot see with the naked eye. To be honest there are 1000s of references throughout recorded history pertaining to creatures from the stars, the veracity of said legends is however up for debate.

en.wikipedia.org...

Jesus is a little questionable as its been proven that
1. He wasn't born when the bible says he was
2. He came from Mary, not outer space, his dad (not Joseph, the other one) by definition was an extra terrestrial, but then religious texts are not history books.

The Dogon myth has been completely debunked. They themselves say that the original claim from made for their knowledge came from the anthropologist who reported it
www.philipcoppens.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I was not aware the Dogon myth has been debunked, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

As to where Jesus came from, and/or who his father was i imagine that's open to interpretation. The Bible after all being a book written by Man with all his fears and fallibility at play. Possibly worth keeping in mind that sometimes our history books never mind our religious texts have there own agendas rather than the verbatim truth.

The Op did ask for ancient myths.
edit on 3-8-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Menachem Begin was born in what is now Poland?

He was born in Russian Empire, in Brest which WAS Poland until 1795. Now Brest is on Belarus side, taken from Us in 1939.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Stichen, Sumerian tablets?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Zecharia Sitchin, The Sumerians and The Anunnaki

According to the research by Zecharia Sitchin, some of the Sumerian clay tablets, which are over 6000 old, tell the story of the creation of the human species as the result of an experiment by an alien race called the “Anunnaki”.

We, The Divulgers have decided to devote a space to the work of Dr. Zecharia Sitchin, who dedicated his life to studying the Sumerian tablets and stated that some of them tell the story of the creation of the human species from an experiment made by an alien race called the “Anunnaki”, from planet Nibiru.

We, The Divulgers are convinced that Dr. Sitchin’s theories are somehow true. We don’t know if all his statements are right but we do know that some of them raise disturbing questions that still don’t have a scientific answer.

silentobserver68.blogspot.com...

I have not seen anything credible that debunks Sitchin interpretations yet. Yes, I have seen some debunking websites about Sitchin, however what I have read is mostly someone's "opinions".

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

I have not seen anything credible that debunks Sitchin interpretations yet.

I have not seen anything credible from Sitchin

What other sources on Mesopotamian culture have you studied ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join