It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any actual ancient myths about begin coming from specific stars?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I have not seen anything credible from Sitchin

Besides your opinions, do you have proof that Sitchin interpretations are wrong?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

I have not seen anything credible from Sitchin

Besides your opinions, do you have proof that Sitchin interpretations are wrong?

Totally, you want me to show you how cylinder seal VA243 does not show our solar system ?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Totally, you want me to show you how cylinder seal VA243 does not show our solar system ?

Yes!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You've been told that this cylinder seal proves that the Sumerians knew about the solar system and that without telescopes they can only have found out from Aliens, because without optical aid you can only see Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn right ?

I say its an image of the Akitu festival
en.wikipedia.org...

which occurred twice a year, the first at the end of March (which was ancient world new year) and then again six months later at the start of October

March was symbolised in Art by the Pleides, October/November was symbolised in art by Scorpio (a scorpion)

The pleides was called MUL.MUL and was depicted as a star and stars,
So in my opinion, the constellation is there as a time stamp. It simply places the scene in March.

So if Sitchin is right this cylinder seal wouldn't exist

As it shows the exact same image except it has a scorpion in the sky
A scorpion which symbolises October.

edit on 23-8-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No, you can see all 10 planets. Earth is listed a the seventh planet. We have listed earth as the third planet from observing the stars from earth, however the Sumerians have it correct they are listing the planets coming in from space. Not from looking from earth.

The only way they could do this is by coming to earth from a distant planet.

Please don't use Wakopidai as your source anyone can edit.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

No, you can see all 10 planets. Earth is listed a the seventh planet. We have listed earth as the third planet from observing the stars from earth, however the Sumerians have it correct they are listing the planets coming in from space. Not from looking from earth.

The only way they could do this is by coming to earth from a distant planet.

Please don't use Wakopidai as your source anyone can edit.

I used Wikipedia as a source on a famous Mesopotamian festival, if I thought you knew anything about this subject I needn't have bothered.

Also you should know, Wikipedia isn't open to anyone editing it and hasn't been for years

Please don't use Sitchin as your source, he conned you

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The fact that you've never heard of this festival and that you're paranoid enough to think Wikipedia's entry on it is falsified tells me all I need to know about your scholarly ability

No need to insult my intelligent, anyone can go look at Wikipedia about 911 and read all the disinformation. That is why I call it Wakopedia.

Your diagram proves nothing against Sitchin interpretations. The planets are listed in order from coming from space to earth.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

The fact that you've never heard of this festival and that you're paranoid enough to think Wikipedia's entry on it is falsified tells me all I need to know about your scholarly ability

No need to insult my intelligent, anyone can go look at Wikipedia about 911 and read all the disinformation. That is why I call it Wakopedia.

Your diagram proves nothing against Sitchin interpretations. The planets are listed in order from coming from space to earth.

by planets do you mean dots in no discernible order ?
you know nothing about this culture do you, its not a diagram, its a cylinder seal from the same period

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

you know nothing about this culture do you, its not a diagram, its a cylinder seal from the same period

Oh now you think you have schooled me. Now you invented the planets as dots, how interesting.
I am well aware it is a cylinder. Have you convinced yourself that you are the only one that is an expert on the Sumerians clay tablets?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Oh now you think you have schooled me. Now you invented the planets as dots, how interesting.

That's the line you came in with remember

you can see all 10 planets. .

I am well aware it is a cylinder. Have you convinced yourself that you are the only one that is an expert on the Sumerians clay tablets?

So if you were aware, why call it a diagram and if you think its Sumerian then you are certainly no expert, its Akkadian,
You asked a question and I answered it, its not my fault you don't know enough about the culture concerned to see it
ce la vie
So why does the cylinder seal have a scorpion on it in exactly the same place as the star and stars?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join