It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think more guns equals less violence? Think again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Now you're getting unreasonable!! Don't be messin' with my double bacon cheeseburgers. With onions and tomato and lettuce and mustard and big thick fries with ketchup.....mmmmmmm cheeseburgers

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

If a civilian wishes to own a gun, to each his own. As long as they are responsible

Yes, but there are a ton of irresponsible people out there with guns.

I think we should change the second ammendment to say that people deemed responsible by their state can own guns sanctioned by their state for personal use. And minors would not be allowed to posses a gun in public and if they use one in a crime it doubles their sentence.

There's my two cents.

And there is a very real way to either amend or repeal the 2nd amendment. So, go do that...lead the charge. Do it LEGALLY, according to the rule put in place by the framers of the Constitution. Whining about it on an obscure website on the Internet is not going to accomplish that feat for you. If you really care, truly care to change this, then make it happen in the only legal way to do that. Anything short of that is merely you being a hypocritical layabout.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
Isn't it incredible that I've owned three guns for years and nobody is dead from them. Incredible.

Try some of the new FDA approved anti-depressant drugs. You'll be shooting-spree material in no time.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Isn't it incredible that I've owned three guns for years and nobody is dead from them. Incredible.

Try some of the new FDA approved anti-depressant drugs. You'll be shooting-spree material in no time.

This is definitely a popcorn worthy thread....

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Let me say this again, no one is taking away your cheeseburgers!!!

We just need a more "common sense" approach.

All you need to do to get a cheeseburger is to pass a background check and give us your fingerprints and social security number.

Lol if the OP really cared about saving lives and not just taking away people's guns you think he'd be focused on the number one killer.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: CB328

I think that any person who uses a firearm during the commission of a crime should be given the death penalty.

LOL,

Something like this happened in Britain decades ago. The politicians wanted a mandatory life sentence. The Police screamed that doing so would give the criminals nothing to loose and they would go out shooting (The police).

So, that could easily make the situation worse.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz
a reply to: DAVID64

Let me say this again, no one is taking away your cheeseburgers!!!

We just need a more "common sense" approach.

All you need to do to get a cheeseburger is to pass a background check and give us your fingerprints and social security number.

Lol if the OP really cared about saving lives and not just taking away people's guns you think he'd be focused on the number one killer.

Abortion?

We were up to 57,762,169 baby murders since 1973 at the beginning of the year. Think about that 58 Freaking Million babies murdered .

58 Million!

I think they were rolling for a Hitler times Ten goal

If anyone really, and I mean really gives two sh!ts about human life, they may want to start there.

edit on 13-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

Switch it up, Puddin'!

Argue FOR gun control this time.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
edit on 13-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
REGARDLESS.

Banning guns OBVIOUSLY hasnt helped, irregardless of where in the world its tried.

Actually, banning guns in Australia worked.
We had the worst massacre in the world (still number 1...)

The Port Arthur massacre of 28–29 April 1996 was a killing spree in which 35 people were killed and 23 wounded. It occurred mainly at the historic Port Arthur former prison colony,[1] a popular tourist site in south-eastern Tasmania, Australia.[2]

then we realaised, this ego driven nonsense of owning firearms for protection was total horse sh*t.
so we banned them.

We changed our laws. As a result, gun deaths in Australia have dropped by two-thirds, and we have never had another mass shooting.

“In the 18 years up to and including 1996, the year of the massacre at Port Arthur, Australia experienced 13 mass shootings. In these events alone, 112 people were shot dead and at least another 52 wounded (table 1). In the 10.5 years since Port Arthur and the revised gun laws, no mass shootings have occurred in Australia.” [Mass shooting defined as five or more dead. None have occurred since the publication of the paper in 2006, either. -eds.]

who would have thought, reducing the amount of guns available stopped the amount of gun deaths?

all you people stating the obvious ''guns don't kill people, people kill people'' should try a different tact.
That ignorant line that even a 5yr old can see through doesn't mean crap.

Psychotic Americans are using guns to massacre dozens of people at a time. you wouldn't be able to do that if you didn't have such easily accessible guns.

You'll never stop criminals having guns, they're criminals. That's why the police have guns.

Why cant you admit you just like having firearms because it makes you feel tough and you don't want to lose your toys.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Chicago is a "gun free zone", ruled by Democrats.
How's that working out ?

Criminals don't respect gun laws ? - Shock!

Texas has a lower murder rate, and a lower murder rate by guns than Michigan.

But don't let FACTS get in the way of your Democrat religion - Just keep Hoping for Change.... forever.....

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I think that any person who uses a firearm during the commission of a crime should be given the death penalty.

LOL,

Something like this happened in Britain decades ago. The politicians wanted a mandatory life sentence. The Police screamed that doing so would give the criminals nothing to loose and they would go out shooting (The police).

So, that could easily make the situation worse.

Hmmpf.

Well obviously I didn't think this through.

I'll nod to a point well made and give it some more thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yes.
Democrats are so sure guns just go out at night by themselves to kill people....

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Ya man not sure what you wanted to accomplish n here when you cite gang violence.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Has Norway been so quickly forgotten?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I know the mass casualty spree shootings, and the inner city gun violence get the headlines, but most gun violence is of domestic nature/suicides/accidental shootings. For every spree shooter, and gang banger, there is a father, mother, brother, sister, husband, wife, friend, etc shooting someone close to them. And most of those weapons are legally owned. Now, why is that? I'd say we have much more deep rooted social/cultural issues for our gun violence that can't be legislated away.

And just to be clear, I do not advocate taking away the right for law-abiding citizens to own firearms - to place gun ownership solely in the hands of authority is a very dangerous thing to do - but we need to find the root cause why so many are making rash, emotionally based decisions to murder their loved ones/friends/etc, damned the consequences.

Choosing to make knee-jerk legislative decisions can have unintended consequences.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

stand corrected.
that was a shocking massacre!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I would claim the biggest issue Chicago has is a gang problem. It's the culture there that brings about crime and violence

So then it stands to reason that places with less crime are due to the lack of that culture- not because of guns as people here always try to claim. You can't have it both ways.

And I didn't say I don't want anyone to have guns but the police, that's not what I said at all. I said the states should be able to regulate who can have them.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Chicago is historically anti-gun and is is also historically prone to gun crime. The recent changes in allowing people to jump through hoops to get a FOIA card for concealed carry have done nothing to contribute to the already existing gun crime.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: gladtobehere
REGARDLESS.

Banning guns OBVIOUSLY hasnt helped, irregardless of where in the world its tried.

You'll never stop criminals having guns, they're criminals. That's why the police have guns.

Why cant you admit you just like having firearms because it makes you feel tough and you don't want to lose your toys.

Sure, when I can carry a cop, I'll stop carrying my weapon.
I am sure the police will be right there when a group of people are beating you and your spouse for a robbery gone wrong.
edit on 13-7-2015 by notmyrealname because: …Can't say husband or wife anymore to be PC.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
silly...more guns equal tyranny getting stomped....get this right here now
hayamph now

edit on 14-7-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join