It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Land Pulls 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

"Just the good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm...."

Sheesh, before you blink They'll be renaming the general Lee, Waylon Jennings will be dubbed a confederate sympathizer... PC is getting out of hand.

edit on 3-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yes, there are talks to rename it the Jenner Leigh, or so I hear.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Liquesence

Well, since that was about the only thing I bothered watching, ever, on their stupid, time-offset channel, TV Land can bite me.

I could see a company making a lot of money selling Confederate flag car stickers, and more on the awesome Dixie horn! Think I might find me a flag online and fly it, just to annoy the PC nutjobs.

I used to watch TV Land a LOT, back when they played stuff I wanted to watch (All in the Family, Sanford and Son, Andy Griffith, even Knight Rider, Airwolf and stuff). Then they started playing stuff I never got into like Mash, and Rosanne, and then started in with their original programming while phasing out the other stuff. I stopped watching it all together years ago. Don't watch TV anymore anyway.

I've never owned nor flown a confederate flag, but I'm kinda with you, I might just buy one just for the hell of it. I like things to be preserved not destroyed. When Amazon first stopped selling it, I looked on eBay and found a ton of those flags (mostly made in China), but I haven't looked again since they, too, say they're not going to sell.

Maybe it's messing with my childhood, since I grew up watching DoH. I dunno, It's getting REALLY stupid.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The theme song goes: "Just some good ol' boys, never meanin' no harm. Beats all you ever saw, been in trouble with the law, since the day they were born."
Not: "Just some good ol' boys, hoping to oppress the black man and bring back slavery."

Confederate= con/against federate/government The flag in this case is appropriate to the context. But then we don't want to glorify anti-establishment behavior now do we?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

There is no buts about it. Stop trying to justify the souths shamefull and atrocious slave practice.

If you think slaverly is wrong than admit it was good thing someone kicked the souths ass.

Going in and kicking the souths ass was the only way to knock that throwback slave holding ideology out of their heads.

This is not about Lincoln or the north. It is about the south fighting a futile war to cling on to a clearly wrong and outdated ideology.

You can call the civil war a "fairytale" all you want but it did happen. The south was shamed and utterly defeated.

Ummm...the North engaged in slavery just as much as the South. They were just a little bit quicker to phase it out because their economy wasn't so dependent on it. And where did all these slaves come from? Captured and sold by AFRICANS. The Emancipation Proclamation freed the slaves in THE REBELLIOUS STATES, which Lincoln had no control over at the time. A vast majority of the Southerners fighting in the Civil War did not own slaves.

I'm a proud Southerner and I would like to pat you on your head and say "Well, bless your heart."

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Trying to justify slavery by saying others were doing it and they were selling their own people does not make it right.

Once the war between the free and slave states ended with the souths utter defeat the 13th amendment was ratified in 1865.
Such an amendment could not be passed with the slave states. The confederation was one of the most shame full groups in American history. The heavy boot of freedom was needed to kick that erroneous ideology out of the confederates head.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

Just ignore the fact that the leader of the Union, President Lincoln was a racist. Seems like that Union "asskicking" has a tinge of hypocrisy to it. You have created a fairytale in your mind thinking the North was all about equality & freedom for the slaves.

I think you have a real problem coming to grips with the fact the North was arguably just as racist as the south. If the north was so gung ho about freeing the slaves and wanted to ensure equality why did it take over 100 years for them to accept them as their equals? Your whole argument is a hypocrisy laden delusion. Pick up a book once a while, maybe you'll widen your narrow horizon.

edit on 3-7-2015 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: TinfoilTP

So what you're saying is that corporations should not have the ability to make decisions on which products they sell because they are vulnerable to the opinions of the public?

Or should they be barred from monitoring social media so that they can't try to get ahead of trends?

They are not following the trends of the public. They are following the trends of politically correct action groups who have the power to threaten corporations with lost profits because they have the power to sway the public opinion of the masses of sheeple who follow along with social media and television. These trends do not originate with the sheeple, they are imposed upon the sheeple who are conditioned to follow along.

It is a disconnected system from the Constitution where the very institutions created by the Constitution have been subverted. Look no further than the Community Organizer in Chief and the Judicial branch today to see it in action.

By the People for the People is now By the tiny minority PC crowd for the People.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Where's the proof of any such thing happening?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Are you blind?
Viacom just pulled the Dukes of Hazzard.

Were you too busy defending this latest PC garbage that was spoon fed to you, that you forgot what the thread was about?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Just ignore the fact that the leader of the Union, President Lincoln was a racist. Seems like that Union "asskicking" has a tinge of hypocrisy to it. You have created a fairytale in your mind thinking the North was all about equality & freedom for the slaves.

I think you have a real problem coming to grips with the fact the North was arguably just as racist as the south. If the north was so gung ho about freeing the slaves and wanted to ensure equality why did it take over 100 years for them to accept them as their equals? Your whole argument is a hypocrisy laden delusion. Pick up a book once a while, maybe you'll widen your narrow horizon.

Please stop trying to justify slavery by pointing fingers and calling others racists. Just because there are other racists that does not justify it for the whole.

The free states had to kick the slave states ass so that the 13th amendment could be ratified. Once the slave states were defeated in 1865 the nation was able to ratify the 13th A. Without the defeat of the shameful slave states the 13th amendment would not have passed in 1865.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
You would think this would work in the typical American way. If people don't want to watch it...the station decides it isn't worth playing and it goes off the air. But, you would also think that what the people want, like or care about actually has some value to anyone...anymore. Today, unless it is a crusade, YOUR opinion is only important if it is also THEIR opinion.

One of my favorite sayings and beliefs is "Let It Fail". If it fails...let it go. Don't make it fail, but allow it to run its course and if it can continue, grow, etc...it has value. Kinda like evolution. And it really applies to everything. Just let it fail...or let it succeed. And leave it alone. Not bail out failing banks or businesses...let them fail. Survival of the fittest is a close (although not perfect) comparison. That is how life on our planet became something wonderful...by allowing the failed to disappear and allowing the successful to continue. Otherwise...when you prop up failure you are left with nothing but failure or at least weakness. Which will eventually fail.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Are you incapable of understanding my last reply to you?

Who are these political action groups that are:

They are following the trends of politically correct action groups who have the power to threaten corporations with lost profits because they have the power to sway the public opinion of the masses of sheeple who follow along with social media and television. These trends do not originate with the sheeple, they are imposed upon the sheeple who are conditioned to follow along.

?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

Please stop trying to justify slavery by pointing fingers and calling others racists. Just because there are other racists that does not justify it for the whole.

The free states had to kick the slave states ass so that the 13th amendment could be ratified. Once the slave states were defeated in 1865 the nation was able to ratify the 13th A. Without the defeat of the shameful slave states the 13th amendment would not have passed in 1865.

Yawn dude. You sound like a broken record. You aren't making any new points, just repeating the same thing over and over as though it will change someone's mind- argumentum ad naseum.

You've lost the argument, get over it and move on.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Proof right here...

Hillary Clinton "The US is losing an information war."
Though I'm sure Hillary loves Dukes of Hazard, but she is at war spreading disinformation for her minions...

God forbid she becomes President.... she will burn all our books and destroy mankind!!!

edit on 3-7-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I mentioned earlier in the thread about banning White sheets........This needs to gain traction so we can fight off racism in all it's forms. We should also look into rewriting past history and deleting the history of the south outright. We could say it was a war because of animal cruelty or something.

I have other ideas in mind.......Crayons......Young people use them and we should look into making all crayons multicolor or clear. With advances in science we could eventually vote on a uniform skin color and all have medical procedures to make everyone one color.........It could be called Patriotic unification skin augmentation.
edit on 3-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Then we need to start with ATS.

We have the dark (or black) theme, and the light (or white) theme.

ATS has been playing the race card all the time.

/sarcasm

Or maybe we could just pull out everyone's eyes?

Or maybe gays have been right along with their multicolored rainbow and uniform acceptance of all colors (except black and white since it's not on the flag)?

What about paper and ink?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: SubTruth

Then we need to start with ATS.

We have the dark (or black) theme, and the light (or white) theme.

ATS has been playing the race card all the time.

/sarcasm

Or maybe we could just pull out everyone's eyes?

Or maybe gays have been right along with their multicolored rainbow and uniform acceptance of all colors (except black and white since it's not on the flag)?

What about paper and ink?

I like your thinking........Everything should be rainbows..........Rainbows with unicorns and maybe a dance routine.
edit on 3-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Wait, wait, wait... you're claiming that Hillary is controlling the masses, when it's actually her just playing lip service to the issues that people talk about... you know, after the fact?

Also, being as that I don't like Hillary, how did I know to hate that flag? Something I've done since I was little by the way (before she was ever on the political scene).

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
who owns the rights to the bulk of the shows that air on tv land? perhaps its time to cut off tv land and retract or revoke their tv show licensing? guess its CBS

www.broadcastingcable.com... seems they are already having financial trouble time to hit them in the purse strings ,i dont get what their problem w the show is i cant remember any one complaining in the past 30 years

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join