It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When out of body, almost could not come back, almost died

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: jgarcya

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: sailormon

Thank-you for replying, Sailormon. This thread you started is indeed fascinating. But the posts from everyone leave me with more questions than answers. I have always assumed that our purpose for being alive on Earth is to HELP OTHERS have a more enjoyable life whenever and wherever possible. Yet from what I'm reading here, perhaps SELF improvement and SELF enlightenment should be our top priority?

you understand the necessary tools .... they are not either or....but one of the same...the opposites making the whole....

ultimately it is compassion....it is maximized through your efforts of self actualization...and spiritual growth.....

if given the choice...go with compassion....others over self....
to maximize your understanding of compassion....do self exploration and spiritual work...or as you say self improvement..and self enlightenment...

for me this is the key to a happy existence for me ....and through my compassion...others around me.....

you are wise...

I like what you wrote here. I somehow missed the reply and you worded it nicely, thank you. Putting other over self is a rare thing in this part of the world. I have pulled back from life after dedicating myself for so many years, perhaps not good, but I have so many injuries, some from putting others ahead of my safety I need this vacation before heading out permanently.

In truth we cannot save all people, they walk paths of there own, I am now waiting for a suicide in the family, one we see forthcoming and she has shut off all input.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: iFloButta

Well, I read your reply and would like to ask a question. When your mind was leaving, was it like a textural thing, a taking or something you could not control. I don't have a clue as to what causes it, but reading this sent chills down my spine.

When I was around 9-10 years old, I had similar things happen. Had I not fought it, I would not be here, I am convinced of this, it was like something eating my soul/mind/energy. The only way I could fight it was to scream and run, keep my body in action until I beat it back. I was an orphan then being cared for by foster parents, so their investment in me was of yelling up the stairs to shut up or similar, but I was dying--fighting for life.

On some level I understand, but don't for you are unique.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless
Nevertheless, Sorry if i got a little peeved in replying to your analysis the last time. But if you have something personal to say, pm me if you wish if that is possible.

You seemed to wonder how my mind or another can glean information or find conclusions that defy normal understanding. Some folks reading this will understand my outlandish reply to this, and no, I am not going to give a course on personality types and their differing abilities, but will let you know I am of a rare personality, aprox only 2 percent of the population share this. I am of a low judgmental quotient and so except your right to judge even though I don't share your need to do so.

I, do to my mind, have an ability to correlate distant and unrelated events and facts and see relationships that others cannot see. For instance, I have sat through criminology courses and wasted my time as I saw all the patterns and where they were leading well before the course at the university hardly got underway, the same with some sociology courses.

Now to what really messes things up approached by an analytical mind such as yours is, I am right brained, an artist, I don't think as you do, I conceptualize the whole picture, not the detail. I could never pass an advanced math class, I could get answers and pass, but the process was done on an intuitive subconscious level.

Some refer to themselves and others plus myself having a gift. This gift plus having a brain/personality as some of the responders here share makes it hard to understand to others. I built many things in my life, airplanes, boats and homes. Would you trust your intuitive self to fly your own homemade airplane and listen to an inner voice to tell your when to return to the airport for fuel, I did, I would always know when the fuel was low, it was a gift, to be wrong would result in death. Have you ever had women come to you to provide them with the date of the birth of a child, I did and I was accurate and the list goes on.

My mind, my life is a parallel one, one here and one elsewhere. When I want an answer, I don't figure it out as you do, it comes from within, I trust this and it is accurate. I only put it into this thread as those whom resonate with the thread will understand that people whom are of this type, those whom are on the outside of the norm are ok, but not like others. To insult or to attack myself is attacking the responders to this thread as well, we are all different, some of us more so, that is a good thing, I respect your intellect, respect ours in return, we don't judge, we live and think differently, we are not all the same, we never will strive to mold ourselves into a defined shape comfortable to what society desires, we are outsiders, we are watchers.

Last, I got degrees in left lobe areas such as biology and science just so I could operate in this society and understand that aspect, even taught it, but I reside elsewhere. I encourage others to cross the fence as I have for understanding. So I send along love and respect for your efforts. Sailormon

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
I've been close, and I saw nothing. 
Nothing
Imagine being devoid of all senses

Was this by an OBE? Because this "seeing nothing" reminds me of the story of Dr. Eben Alexander, who was in coma for some weeks and said that he experienced similar... he saw almost nothing at first, it was dark, brownish environment. He was aware of his existence, but felt like "a single point of existence" in a large sea. He stayed a long timein this realm, until eventually a light openend up from above (pulling him to... let's just say "Garden Eden", the creator etc.). I don't know if this is really true, but nevertheless interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't quite understand what you mean by textural, but I definitely did not have control when I was in this void. I believe that the few nights this occured, it started with me thinking I was dreaming. But actually was probably in astral projection or whatever you call it. So as I traveled without care of distance from my physical self, and crossed a point of no return.
Obviously I did return (wake up) because I'm writing a reply to you. But maybe thats only because of a mind/body connection that my parents were able to strengthen as they slowly did what they could to wake me up.
Or maybe a part of me is now forever lost and that's why I can still visualize that scary feeling of infinity.

I understand what you mean by sucking the soul/energy out of you because somehow you know your not getting out of there no matter how hard you try. I think the difference in our experience is that you say you tried to hold on to whatever body you still thought you had. I had no idea what I was, it was only until returning to my actual body that I realized I live in this house with these parents, like normal thoughts.

But the scary nonsense I would scream and yell while my mind was gone, was truly abnormal.

Thanks again for reading my experience, you seemed like someone that might understand somewhat, and you do so that is a relief.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iFloButta
Damn hard to explain, textural means to me, it was tangible. It was as though I could feel something draining me, pulling me away and out, very unpleasant. Kind of like you can feel hands on your body, but I felt it in my brain or soul. I had to claw my way back into this insane world. Not sure why I did this as life really sucked then.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Actually I mixed up posts previously... my last post should be an answer to "iFloButta"

originally posted by: iFloButtaLike my young mind began wandering or traveling as if it was normal for me. But then, before I could stop, my mind was pulled into something dark and endless. I was absolutely terrified and my body would be screaming and saying very weird nonsense (my parents later told me about the things I would say while they would calmly try to wake me)

However, my mind was flying at unfathomable speeds towards infinite darkness completely unaware of my real earth body. I had no memory of an identity (probably because it would happen just as I fall asleep), but I was just an entity traveling. The speed and the feeling of traveling into this almost black hole type thing would absolutely terrify me. Fear that I knowIi would never experience anywhere again.

I'll write once again:
This darkness thing reminds me of the story of Dr. Eben Alexander, who was in coma for some weeks and said that he also was in darkness first, was afraid, a dark, brownish environment. He was aware of his existence, that he was an entity, but felt like "a single point of existence" in a large sea of potential points of existences. He spent a very long time in this realm, until eventually a light openend up and pulled him into heaven.

I must admit these stories are kinda creepy, but somehow they sound logical as well... us being only points of existence, entities. Especially when you think about this: you can remove so much body parts from a human, and he still remains himself. You can't however find the "self"... the point of existence, which is much more abstract - but obviously exists and has self awareness.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Some questions -
1. Do you have a technique you had practiced and now use to have OBEs or have you just done them naturally throughout your life?

2. Have you had a lucid dream before and can you tell the difference between OBEs and lucid dreams?
-I am asking this because I have had lucid dreams in which I go outside of my body, but I know I am dreaming. I have never had an OBE, so I am wondering how one can tell the difference.

3. Have you tried getting a second opinion from someone who is not a psychic but has a lot of meditation/spiritual experience?

Just questions out of curiousity, good luck with OBEs.
edit on 30-6-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I don't buy it sorry.
Sounds like a N,N-Dimethyltryptamine moment. OOBE tales are the new religion, and equally lacking in any evidence.

Thomas Campbell, a real world physicist doing work for NASA, helped to provide strong evidence through lab experimentation and statistical analysis that consciousness can in fact exist separate from the body. You can watch his lectures on youtube for free, or read his book trilogy on a new Theory Of Everything called 'My Big T.O.E.'.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"When out of body, almost could not come back, almost died"

you won't lol consciousness in the body...consciousness outside of the body... the string can never be cut to experience liberation if clinging grasping and desperately trying and trying to yank yourself "back". If you let go, your mental body will also need rest... as consciousness closes during this rest that ones fears to be death... the void of no escape... is the same as sleep. A pure dreamless sleep full of rest and no vigor motionless and at ease... at this point a spark of fear is what can yank you back out of the void of pure being beyond attachment. If you remain in this state of rest or stasis, at some point awareness will return and you will find reality as you last left it... the continuity of being can never cease only change and transform even as it does when awake and unaware of it's changing.

Be bold and be brave, the fear that causes people to cling is the delusion space and time is limited. PI proves the existence of infinity, each digit a place holder of a life of an existence that exist as your unique number, are you a 3? a 1 a 4 a 5 a 9..? there is a point where time and space curve around completing the circle all digits one with no beginning and no end nor any discernible point the same as trying to find the pin point source of the big bang in all of the universe.

Have no fear you are larger than your self you cling too... rising above is still below when you retract your being in an attempt to control where your training has led you to experience... so why deny yourself the experience you have been training for out of fear, taught by all others on this same path of yours out of fear? They are simply scared to go beyond... don't fall under such delusions! be as bold as the "." between 3 and 1 in 3.14159...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I haven't had an OBE yet. The closest I've come is laying awake and having my body suddenly feel like it's vibrating/shaking so violently I felt like there was a V8 engine attached to my bed, yet my heart rate was still soft as a kitten. I've had plenty of sleep paralysis experiences with vibrating as well, but no deal yet.

It is only of my opinion that you can't die from an OBE. I feel strongly about this even though I haven't had any, but only because all the people I trust having had true and unambiguous OBE's have emphatically said, always, that you can't die from an OBE. You'll always come back. The two I trust most on this are Robert Monroe, and the physicist that helped to prove his experiences, Thomas Campbell. Monroe had thousands of experiences through his life and could instigate them on command. Campbell learned how to do this in the 70s and can also do this on command, and at this point may be well past the point of experience that Monroe got to. I'm simply going by experience here and don't know your level of experience.

Even if this could happen, the simply fact that you know you can't truly die would make it acceptable for me. I've played plenty of video games through out my life. You finish some and are ready to put them on the shelf, some you never finish and have no desire to, and some you just get stuck somewhere and rage quit. That is how I look at lives. When I'm done with these games my avatar is 'dead' to me, and I always come back to my friends and family outside of the game. That's physical life. If this physical life feels the need to take me out of the game, so be it, because I know I'll see these people again once they're done with the game, and maybe even before then. I also know that these bodies and names aren't who we really are, so leaving their characters behind isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, even though I'll certainly miss those people/characters I loved. We only have a few decades here anyway. It will end fast regardless of how many times you elude bodily death from an OBE, if that death is even possible.
edit on 30-6-2015 by spacemanjupiter because: grammar

edit on 30-6-2015 by spacemanjupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
sailormon, thanks for an interesting thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...blueman1 2 asks some pertinent questions, which mesh with my experiences.

I've enjoyed and endured many vivid, and the occasional lucid dream, which occur, at least in part in 'other places' rather than my usual waking habitat.

Most experiences have been pleasant, but on one occasion I was stabbed, and felt the knife enter, and died in that dream.

I have always imagined oobe to be defined by viewing the world as it is, but from a remote POV?

One of my earliest memories, perhaps my earliest, is a nightmare featuring a vortex.

I recall looking from my bed and seeing something very much like the flying monkeys from the Classic Wizard of Oz film. The 'monkey' had kangaroo-like legs. It leapt from window ledge, and was immediately above me, it appeared to be spinning around, so very fast as to be a blur, this looked like a vortex, the eye of a storm. This was night time.

I also recall being downstairs, it was day time, from the lounge window I saw a group of these monkeys in a line, which were hopping diagonally across the field outside.

RE. the silver cord, this is biblical, from Ecclesiastes 12:6-7
Remember your Creator before the silver cord is loosed, Or the golden bowl is broken,
Or the pitcher shattered at the fountain, Or the wheel broken at the well.
Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

It's worth noting given this quote I believe the that in the bible spirit and soul aren't the same thing, although most folks use them interchangeably.

Also I remember a falling dreams as a kid, but at maybe 10 or so, I decided to not wake up, I remember falling off the edge of a great water fall, before slowing to land in the shallows below, going from fear to a happy conclusion.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

And if playing the game title and you res-pawn to a point in time set by the programmers... then death and life become meaningless. In "god" mode the whole world can be traversed without harm... the programmers have the codex or key to the title, insert your "key" and break the lock behind you.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: countryboylife

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

No it's alright - When I say "Devil's Advocate", I mean I will say or do something that usually is different different from what I normally say. An opposing viewpoint.

Basically, all I was saying was that I have heard stories of people that ended their life while projecting, but it was because they chose to do it themselves, not because they couldn't make it back to the body.

-foss

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fossilera
a reply to: Layaly

No it's alright - When I say "Devil's Advocate", I mean I will say or do something that usually is different different from what I normally say. An opposing viewpoint.

Basically, all I was saying was that I have heard stories of people that ended their life while projecting, but it was because they chose to do it themselves, not because they couldn't make it back to the body.

-foss

Indeed a pointing to both sides while walking on the fence... it something without error, there are many realities than those seen by the limit of attachment, those experiencing the "corpse" cannot experience the person that has shed that "skin" and emerged from the sleep to a reality in which part of your essence still exists to them... though dead in your limited view of reality, you are still very much alive and well in theirs into which they have awakened.

When you hear a siren it is limited in personal experience of the senses, beyond the limits of the senses multiple sirens are sounding somewhere on this planet at any given time... beyond the limited view of ones limited experience they cannot grasp that a siren is sounding on this planet like one continuous never ending wave across the planet without cease.

Life also behaves in such a manner, as all experience grasped becomes a burden of thought that prevents one from experiencing it.

Time lapse of light on the planet from space, illustrates what was said above as a visual experience:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

1. Do you have a technique you had practiced and now use to have OBEs or have you just done them naturally throughout your life?

I mentioned using discs to liberate my consciousness, then just pushing out similar to what is written in books. Very hard to explain, but all this took a great effort to get there, gave me headaches and dizziness. About the time I got ok with it, bad things came into my life, lots of pain and attacks from local agents regarding small home etc. Lost a lot and have not regained it. I would suggest any way to concentrate, meditation, reading monroe as one here suggested. It will work, I think. In fact, I started back on a deep mediation and an attempt to liberate this afternoon, and yes I have a headache from my efforts.

2. Diferrance between lucid dreams and oob's I can tell. Obe's are sometimes mixed in I feel and so there is a confusion. I find in a silly way, I am childish when out at times, just jumping about, floating and such, a nonspiritual experience. I woke once from this dizzy as I was trying to run in the astral and I could not connect with the ground and kept spinning, LOL. Another type I have which is obe, but a taking is the showings or education type I have mentioned, outside of both lucid and obe.

Another which still messes me up was what seemed a transference of my energy body into another body, obviously cloned as there were other copies there as well. It was a clumsy attempt to convince me of my death so I would accept the body as mine, I rebelled in the end.'

3. I have a spiritual friend, not able to do any of this whom listens, but otherwise I am alone and have been my whole life with my experiences.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: spacemanjupiter

I will try again to thank you for the lead to his studies. I read it, but forgot the source, worth reading as it changes many concepts. Thank you. Hard getting on, back in the cabin on batteries and cell booster.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The headaches are coming from over use of the crown chakra in your meditations... you know the way there from experience, once the crown has opened it never closes. Begin your meditation from the root source and let it climb instead of the crown and this unpleasantness blocking you will cease.

Intuition is in the middle of "as above so below" the goddess at the root and the god at the head, have not yet resolved their differences to join in one ambiguous harmony. The gut chakra is the mediator between the two, let intuition do it's job in pointing you the way, at some point the usefulness of a teacher versed in such becomes apparent, but become useless in pointing beyond their level of realization to anyone else... if an ego still exists.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: countryboylife

Interesting nightmare or was it? You mention the spirit and soul as not being the same thing, or are they just words for the same thing, something that I have been wrestling with for a time now. I know it's not part of this thread, but the astral body is mentioned and I wonder if it is just an extension of our consciousness, a higher level perhaps.

I wonder as I was once taken out and shown my light body and told it was a sacred thing, the most words ever spoke to me at that time. Ok, so there was me they showed this to, my light body which was white and diamond shaped, glowing. Then there was me in bed. Wish I understood this. There is alway me and then my soul which I watched another time. Still searching for answers, reluctant to embrace a church definition however.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join