It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When out of body, almost could not come back, almost died

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Very hard to title this subject. Some may think it should be in another category, but I place it here so it won't raise too many attacks.

I have had out of body experiences among other events which convince me that we exist on multiple dimensions. Those whom have read my experiences know, I am sincere and basically open to both the physical and spiritual side, I was a fine arts and science teacher for 32 years.

My OBE"s that I remember well are from a waking state, not that of a dream. This one came from a sleeping state and so can if one wants to be judgmental attack it more vigorously. I know from experience that the physical, our body reacts to what is happening when out of body, even to waking with scars or burns which I cannot explain.

This happened about six months ago while in Fl. I woke in my astral body, I was fully aware of my physical which was just below me, I could feel my wife against me, back to back, yet I was out of body watching a tunnel, a vortice spinning in the corner of the room. I was fascinated with the tunnel to the point of extending my arm into it, at which point my arm was pulled it seemed into infinity, into another dimension from which it took great effort to pull back from, a tremendous amount of will and strength on my part.

I am putting this out there as recently it came to me, the death experiences of others describe a tunnel similar to this, one which draws the soul into another dimension of life. I know my hold on this life is not as strong as it used to be, I am aging, I have lost my fear of going if it had even existed, ever? I have traveled out from earth but been turned back.

In the next moment after pulling back, my energy body was drawn towards the vortice and I fought it, pulling back with all my strength, not wanting to go, I held strong for a short time, but was losing, getting closer. During this time, I urged my body to contact my wife, to make sounds so she could wake the body as that would draw me back into it. Then I was closer to the vortice and turned sideways which gained me a little, but was losing my strength as it drew me into it with a knowing I would not return to this reality.

This part confused me, as I live on a universal spiritual level. But I knew if I was drawn in further, I would die here in the physical three D level, I would not return to the body, it would be lifeless, an old man dying next to his wife. I called out to God and asked for strength which worked for a short time, but even that was waning, I was being drawn in. There was concern, but not really fear on my part, I wanted to finish my contract on earth. I was going, I could not hold out any longer, I put all my energy into animating the body to shout, to make my wife pull me back as she had in the past, it worked, she knew I was in trouble and finally reacted. She allows me to stay out unless I get really carried away, I have instructed her not to wake me or pull me back, but for once I am glad she did. She explained to my daughter that I was ceasing to breath that night, it was ragged and gasping at the end as I was leaving and it took a lot to get me to come back in.

I emphasize, I was aware of my soul fighting to remain, my tactile feeling of my body against my wife and my inability to get back into the body or make it do anything other than a final vocal call for help from her. After some months of introspection, I wonder if this was one close call on my part. I recently for the first time went to get a reading from Richard, someone I feel is the real deal and he started out telling me I was a traveler and needed to ask for a guide, I get into trouble and that I had had at least two near death experiences, this may have been one of them.

I will try and make a reply, but off the grid and connection is bad at best. Life is kick ass interesting as it is, got things to do, today, fixing a couple of boats, wood to stack and such, stay happy. Sailormon

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
When we are out of body, who's in it? If we are out of control who is in control? Ever done something you are sorry for?

Ever made excuses for your actions, been in denial you did something you know was wrong but can't admit to?

Who did that?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Pretty sure I stop breathing during some of my OOBE's, and if I were to stay in that state... yea you can't not breathe forever. I usually come back gasping a big breathe, and calming down my system for 10 seconds before passing out into a regular lucid dream.

I think most speculation surrounding the phenomena has little to no grounds. The only reasoning I've come up with is funky neurobiology at play. It's like different runtime environments are operating simultaneously and this causes glitches in the matrix. You can't operate in single-user mode and x11 mode simultaneously. Things go boom.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sailormon

You cannot be outside of your body. You are your body.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

Son, you have a lot to learn, we are not the animal we inhabit, it is but our diving suit into this vibrational state. Somewhere in the past I think I related being taken out by the others. In this event I was shown my light body, it was there as well as my physical body. So there was three of us, my extended consciousness, my body and my light body or soul.

Studies of late are showing our consciousness, our energy is not within our bodies at all, it is above or similar, not within.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

You may be right, things go boom, go to high in a vibrational state and all resonance goes to hell. Not sure I put that right, but I have experienced it. Went out while completely awake, not out of body, but extending my awareness/consciousness one afternoon. Came back and could not walk or use my body for several hours. Kind of like being drunk and not connecting to the proper neurons. I could not match the frequency of this world. Don't do that any longer, messes me up.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have pursued this thought and already know I have at least two personalities, one is really high IQ and has emerged to protect me when attacked by outside groups when in education or similar, a cool, not mean, but yes there can be more than one within.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's really too bad some can't do this. I have had ZERO anything happen or appear to me despite my interest in such.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Interesting. S&F for sharing this most thought-provoking experience.

Could you describe and elaborate on the killer tunnel? I really am fascinated by this strange tunnel.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

We (me and a few of my mates) know a person who did die..

thinking about it all is so strange.

I dont understand because he seemed happy and just had a baby and a beautiful wife he loved
edit on 28-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: sailormon

I have pursued this thought and already know I have at least two personalities, one is really high IQ and has emerged to protect me when attacked by outside groups when in education or similar, a cool, not mean, but yes there can be more than one within.

There is only one you. The not you, masquerades as you. You know who you are you know your name, challenge the other to get otu. This is your soul, your vessel, they have no right.

Try it and see what kind of reaction you get and get back to me.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. I do not remember having any dreams with a tunnel or vortex that I traveled through.
If you think you almost died, I would make sure you have your will and legal arrangements and everything in order so that your survivors in this world have an easier transition in case you don't wake up just in case.
I've wondered if it's possible that I died in an alternate or almost exact parallel world with a few minor differences and woke up or traveled upon death in the other reality to this one. I don't remember having anything other than dreams for the most part. Although there have been a oouple of occassions where I seemed awake but I thought it had to be a dream. Especially one morning where I thought I woke up but I was on a planet in another star system inside a building. That was weird.

I read another thread on here about someone doing out of body experiences but she did die.
I have wondered if everyone experiencing out of body experiences had a close brush with death at some point.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It's basically a seizure. That's my other thought. I think we're experiencing some sort of seizure... an electrical storm where cross connections are made and neurons fire together that really shouldn't. It would be interesting if in the future we can have devices tiny enough to keep on our person that will monitor 24/7 our brainwave state. I think we need to see what's going on with spontaneous OOTB's of people with funky wiring/chemistry. Not this controlled environment induce a lucid state research. My guess is you'll see bizarrities similar to when people have a seizure. Mine tend to happen when I'm exhausted and have been pushing myself too the max for extended periods of time.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Not sure it was a killer tunnel, or at least to the energy body. My fear rose from not wanting to abandon this existence, the 3-d world yet. The power of pulling me in was so great, I could only resist and fight it for a limited time by manipulating my essence.

It seemed there was another with me during this time, my wife or another when I reached out and put my hand into the void. Then I was completely surprised when my arm extended out and into the vortex for what seemed miles before withdrawing it. I did not feel malice or evil within, just something I did not understand, but once I contacted it thusly, I had lost my ability to just observe, it wanted to consume or draw me in.

Another aspect of this was a "knowing". I knew once I was within, I could not return, it was a one way trip. It was of light and color and may in fact be my route in the near future. Fear of leaving was more akin to the physical as I was at the time experiencing this plus fully aware of my body against my wife and my only route to remaining was to contact her for help.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sailormon

It seemed there was another with me during this time, my wife or another when I reached out and put my hand into the void.

Intriguing... Maybe it was a part of you? All these native tales of animal spirits comes to mind.

Then I was completely surprised when my arm extended out and into the vortex for what seemed miles before withdrawing it.

Space dilation...

I am getting an idea about the nature of this tunnel.

Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I don't buy it sorry.
Sounds like a N,N-Dimethyltryptamine moment. OOBE tales are the new religion, and equally lacking in any evidence.
edit on 28.6.2015 by grainofsand because: Chemical nomenclature

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Love to hear your take on this when you have time.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The experience is real, but yea... the beliefs are not required (or recommended, in my view).

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I would hate to do this, as the other personality is myself in the true sense, he was the kid I was, a brilliant young man of high math skills and more than likely a very high IQ. Things were very bad when a kid, abuse starvation, lack of bonding and love, thus he retreated and things we have blanked out of memory. I came to the forefront and had to learn how to do the many things I remembered already knowing how to do, but could not. I am the protector or guard and he has melded into my personality now, so we are one. I am content and happy.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Any experience we have is without evidence, it is an experience. Of course you may think of OOB being a new religion, but how new. Hell man, I was flying away in the 1940's, I was reliving my death as a soldier in a brown uniform in 1945 through the early 50's. I could neither read nor write, we had no tv then, we had no religeion, yet I experienced. Where were you then?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join