It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When out of body, almost could not come back, almost died

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Oh yeh I don't disagree that N,N-Dimethyltryptamine moments do not seem real, just the OOBE stories are imagined.
Not a shred of evidence to support them.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sailormon

That's basically dissociative identity disorder territory. Think of it like each sub-personality has neural-networks that can fire independently of the next sub-personality, yet inhabit the same psyche within an individual. In that light, the OOBE's could be thought of as an attempt of the subconscious to bring back these subs in unison.

What really freaked me out was the few times I've started to pass out and then heard dozens of voices having independent conversations as if floating all around me. That's more like a 30 second super intense simultaneous processing event, then 30 seconds of WTF after waking up, then pass back out and chalk it up to ... funky wiring. Hope I don't have dozens of sub personalities going on in my own psyche!

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Oh comeon now, don't be dishonest! First off, you have no clue if there's higher than normal '___' running through the minds of OOBEers compared to a regular deep sleeper. Secondly, there's a bit of "evidence" but it doesn't fully support the case.

This reminds me of the pro-pot threads where people really want to support their position, so deny any and all evidence to the contrary. I'd rather not be intellectually dishonest, and lay out all the evidence, weigh it, then come to the proper conclusion.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Who is being dishonest? I think it is bull# and closer to an N,N-Dimethyltryptamine moment than anything else.
That is an honest position.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I've been close, and I saw nothing.

Nothing.

Imagine being devoid of all senses, there was no light at the end of the tunnel, no Saint Peter, nothing. I'd call it a pleasant calm but I don't want to experience that feeling again anytime soon.

edit on 28-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

If you go there again, use your own powers to manifest light and or sight. Of course then what you manifest can be just that, creation of the mind. Reminds me of one of my most profound OOb's. It's in my history of another post. Tried a projection to another town where grand kid had an encounter, the real deal which the being left bruises on his arms when he picked him up and told him to "get out of here".

Well I projected and did not plan to travel or be out, but found myself in that blackness and silence from a non relaxed, non meditative and awake state. Then I remembered reading what I just told you and repeated a mantra of light and sight and found myself in an abandoned tall building.

I forgot all about confronting the being, and just had fun being out and free of my aging body and replaced joints and pain, real fun time when I manifested sight.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I support you as to having an opinion and the freedom to have it. Be happy in that and it's binding security. Stay happy and keep an open mind.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Good thoughtful reply and I understand what you are saying, been there, but this has a completely different flavor and reality, very different. As noted, no proof, but my observation. I do feel the wider the experience of the person experiencing this the more likely it is to happen. Think programming of our society, step out of it and feel embarrassment and insecurity. I seldom see the Bud generation even getting close to experiencing any of this, nor the Barbie generation or similar.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

...as I in turn support your right to have an opinion and freedom to have it.
I am happy, I hope you are happy, and I always have an open mind, I just think your story sounds like an N,N-Dimethyltryptamine moment, and I don't buy it as anything other than in your mind.

If that makes me unpopular I couldn't give a toss.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry about dying during an astral projection or even let that belief cross my mind. I've been sucked into portals exactly like you've said, I've been terrified of them as well. Thing is, I'm always ok. As long as your physical body is alive and well, you will not die.

Its definitely scary going through those vortexes but i guarantee, you will not die. I've been through many vortexes, I've come to realize they are portals to other realities completely.

Next time let it suck you up, focus on your breath and maintaining it, it will solidify your experience more, just relax into the portal and see where it takes you. It usually turn out to be a really cool experience if you can handle it.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Oh, okay, I misunderstood. If you are happy with it, thats what matters.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Thank you for the kind reply, not sure what drug you refer to here, guess I could google it. My only drug is coffee by the way, an addiction since a teen LOL. This old man has enough problems without drugs, anyhow I am intolerant of them. I don't find you bad in any way, we all make up mankind and all thoughts are important, yours and mine.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Wow, as soon as i read this, I come to realize it is like the falling dreams we have when a kid. I remember having them until one night I went with it instead of trying to get away. I was still very young, but created a parachute, floated down and was in an amazing beautiful place full of love and peace. Thanks for the support and information. Not had a fearful falling dream since. Still have dreams of heights and the threat of falls dammit.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I'm rarely unkind mate, maybe a bit blunt with my words but being mean is not my thing.
Maybe you experienced something I never have, I don't doubt your integrity, we don't know each other, but until or unless I ever experience something similar when it is only blood running through my veins, I can only view stuff from my personal perspective.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Understood, we are more alike than not, if we were closer we could share in friendship a beer or better. A few of my closest friends are so far away from my experiences, I never bring them up, yet I love them. I too am overly blunt at times, takes away the mystery of where I stand.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I'm glad you made a post about this because I've often returned from what I believe are OBE's (which end in sleep paralysis) and I am COLD. Shivering, to the bone cold. I'm not uncovered, nor is it cold in the room - it's like a cold from the inside out and it takes a while to get warm again.

Because of this, I've wondered about how close we get to "shutting down" when we're in that state. I've never had the vortex thing happen. but maybe the exit for leaving and REALLY leaving are about the same?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I don't buy it sorry.
Sounds like a N,N-Dimethyltryptamine moment. OOBE tales are the new religion, and equally lacking in any evidence.

Nonsense. The research literature of the London Society for Psychical Research contains accounts of OOBEs going back to the middle of the 19th century. There is PLENTY of evidence. The only new aspect of them is their increased acceptance by many people, as opposed to scientists who are too scared to admit the implications of these experiences for their narrow view of life.
Try educating yourself to the literature on the subject instead of exposing your ignorance here. Accusing an old man of taking drugs is a pathetic way of avoiding a description that flies in the face of a materialistic philosophy that allows no soul that survives death of the body.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: sailormon
a reply to: Nevertheless

Studies of late are showing our consciousness, our energy is not within our bodies at all, it is above or similar, not within.

Wny are you lying? There are no such studies.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Lucky. The few times I have its a struggle to get out of room, usually 3rd eye chakra stuck, or enormous feeling of gravity/pressure pulling me to the floor, can't even stand.

CIA has done decades of work with remote viewing, psychokinesis, and other psi phenomena. Its all classified.
The studies have been done, just not for public viewing. If one wanted .gov funding for said studies it'd come with a classified clause.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nevertheless

Testy aren't we. Ok, I cannot quote nor do your research for you and don't care one wit or another if you think I lie. I, at this point in life I operate more as a casual researcher/observer and don't intend to do otherwise. Yes, I have read accounts of consciousness which violate what we think we know. I know it gets into the quantum and so is out there, but then so is this subject. I may be a little lazy in relaying all this, but no, I do not deliberately lie.

Now to start your research, start with animals and work up, yup, we find that we are part of the animal kingdom and eventually share in consciousness similarly. Actually I did a little research on my own and found I can connect on another level to my wife, at least to an emotional level even when apart. That is another subject, but an interesting one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join