It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Black Church Arsons In The Last Six Days

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

WOW, that poster......

My question to the powers that be is this;

Why the heck do we need policies based on race when we all bleed red blood?

Policies should be based purely on socio-economic status i.e. for the jobless and the poor and to help them improve thier lives, not control them like vermin.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

In your head...
edit on 6/27/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I think you're right, and I think they're a great community outreach...

However, I should have elaborated that with a leader like Farrakhan, and with certain extremist members, I wouldn't put it past them.

I don't think it was the NOI.

But I never say never.
I was more thinking that it could be a loose cannon among them, not a true adherent.

Nah. Like I said, there's literally no negativity between African American Christians & Muslims, especially in the Southeast. It's not even a matter of religion, denomination, or how devoted we are; we're literally like family. That's why even our hip hop artists & professional athletes know of Islam. Remember, people like Muhammad Ali, Bernard Hopkins, Mike Tyson, Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Shaquille O’Neal, Dave Chappelle & Hakeem Olajuwan are Muslims, and that's just off the top of my head. 2Pac even rapped about a friend becoming a Muslim in the first verse of his song "I Ain't Mad At Cha".

As personal examples, my Dad's an Imam & Professor but his dad was a Christian preacher. My Mom's a Muslim, but her parents were staunch Christians (and Freemasons). But her parents allowed Muslims to come to the house & proselytize. Some of my distant cousins are Muslims while some of the Christian relatives have lived with us. And those Christians call us & greet us with Salaams while we call & congratulate them on Christmas. There's literally no line between us, as we see it more like the way the Ummah was supposed to be (believers helping each other). Even when I was in the streets, I would spend the week at the homes of Christian friends. Their mom's are like mothers to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

WOW, that poster......

My question to the powers that be is this;

Why the heck do we need policies based on race when we all bleed red blood?

Policies should be based purely on socio-economic status i.e. for the jobless and the poor and to help them improve thier lives, not control them like vermin.

Because not all Americans want to do away with the racial divide. There are some places called "sundown towns" where minorities still can't safely visit. Make-believe "no go zones" make the news, but "sundown towns" are a reality that conveniently gets ignored.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Redux; that's how you explain away being a race baiting hater.... never expected that...extremely lame.

edit on 27-6-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
This in all likelihood was done by a racist. However, we live in the day of NSA, Google Earth, and serious mass surveillance everywhere. Why is it only moments like this in which the authorities say "I dunno"?

I also think there is a possibility that we are being driven to war with one another. They know who lit the fires.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Not to go off-topic, but it goes to show how people of the same religion can commit crimes upon each other, just like Islam. Not that we KNOW the parties religion, but percentage of population is vastly Christian.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

Redux; that's how you explain away being a race baiting hater.... never expected that...extremely lame.

Nothing I said was race baiting or hateful, your perception is way off.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The fact you are the OP and had to see the hate and race baiting going on in your thread and did not stop it would imply you condone such discourse, also your statement about "white" supremist burning church's.

You and threads like this are the epitome of the divisionist agenda that goes on now.

edit on 28-6-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

There is no race baiting happening in this thread, you are imagining things.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It seems this has all happened before.... and I foresee a Civil War breaking out at some point this time round.

last time, the 'blacks' were defeneless.... this time they have 'guns'..

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It seems this has all happened before.... and I foresee a Civil War breaking out at some point this time round.

last time, the 'blacks' were defeneless.... this time they have 'guns'..

I don't think there will be a new Civil War.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

White people are welcome in Ferguson and the other places you mentioned. Stop :/

So true they literally ran the town including LOE .

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I think you're right, and I think they're a great community outreach...

However, I should have elaborated that with a leader like Farrakhan, and with certain extremist members, I wouldn't put it past them.

I don't think it was the NOI.

But I never say never.
I was more thinking that it could be a loose cannon among them, not a true adherent.

Nah. Like I said, there's literally no negativity between African American Christians & Muslims, especially in the Southeast. It's not even a matter of religion, denomination, or how devoted we are; we're literally like family. That's why even our hip hop artists & professional athletes know of Islam. Remember, people like Muhammad Ali, Bernard Hopkins, Mike Tyson, Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Shaquille O’Neal, Dave Chappelle & Hakeem Olajuwan are Muslims, and that's just off the top of my head. 2Pac even rapped about a friend becoming a Muslim in the first verse of his song "I Ain't Mad At Cha".

As personal examples, my Dad's an Imam & Professor but his dad was a Christian preacher. My Mom's a Muslim, but her parents were staunch Christians (and Freemasons). But her parents allowed Muslims to come to the house & proselytize. Some of my distant cousins are Muslims while some of the Christian relatives have lived with us. And those Christians call us & greet us with Salaams while we call & congratulate them on Christmas. There's literally no line between us, as we see it more like the way the Ummah was supposed to be (believers helping each other). Even when I was in the streets, I would spend the week at the homes of Christian friends. Their mom's are like mothers to me.

Agreed they differed theologically but not to the extent of wanting to go to war, plus it would not be unusual for members to be guest speakers at some churches.
In anycase in order not to be accused of being divisive or race baiting i'll just say it's just a weird coincidence that these churches spontaneously combust after dark after a very high profile incident and that no one is trying to copycat a race war starter incident that failed so far..remember the young man that carried out that heinous act was just troubled and the confederate flag have nothing to do with white supremacy, just southern heritage and pride after or about the same time many ATSers were born...say 1963??
edit on 29-6-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Watched a documentary the other day...

This is KKK modus operandi.

But to be fair to them (barf)...
It could be any number of neo-nazi groups.

Could always be false flag. If a person is smart they will put that at the top of list.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm from alabama and I can give some insight into this. Most hate groups would not mess with burning a empty church. Most of the time these incident actually end up being dumb kids playing around and think they want get caught. But sometimes there is some idiot uneducated racist that will do something like this but most likely not the kkk. There is very few members of those groups in alabama and no one of any education or wealth. In alabama if your a member of a organization and someone does a act like this everyone in the organization is liable for it criminally and financially. I'm not saying that it wouldn't happen by one of the groups but most likely it's just a bad kid acting alone.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I forgot also the kkk when they do burn buildings they blow them up by filling them with gas by breaking the gas line and letting the bottom fill up with gas and start a fire at the exit of the basement. But it's been at least 20 yrs since that has happened here.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Now a 7th.

Think Progress

Mount Zion AME is burning to the ground. A church that was burned down by the KKK in 1995.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Now a 7th.

Think Progress

Mount Zion AME is burning to the ground. A church that was burned down by the KKK in 1995.

At what point are they going to treat this like the threat it is? This is bs. They always hype up the threats of Russia, Iran, etc, but they're not the ones actually attacking Americans.

They should treat all hate groups as domestic terrorist groups, especially the ones that openly call for attacking other people. That includes hate groups from all demographics. I could see giving them all a 3 or 4 week "amnesty" period so members can quit & get their lives straight, since I usually believe in rehabilitation. But after that, they need to go after them hard.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Now a 7th.

Think Progress

At what point are they going to treat this like the threat it is? This is bs. They always hype up the threats of Russia, Iran, etc, but they're not the ones actually attacking Americans.

They should treat all hate groups as domestic terrorist groups, especially the ones that openly call for attacking other people. That includes hate groups from all demographics. I could see giving them all a 3 or 4 week "amnesty" period so members can quit & get their lives straight, since I usually believe in rehabilitation. But after that, they need to go after them hard.

Because right wing and terrorist do not compute in today's social climate, beleive it or not I have heard folks on fox blaming Liiibrals for the actions of that terrorist that killed nine people, glossing over the fact that he got his inspiration from the C.C.C or Conservative Citizens Council, that funds GOP candidates , imagine the babies Cons would have if a Muslim organization no matter how benign funded some Progressive candidates much less one that inspires terror attacks right here at home.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join