It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Black Church Arsons In The Last Six Days

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Very little media coverage of these events.

In what may not be a coincidence, a string of nighttime fires have damaged or destroyed at least six predominately black churches in four southern states in the past week.

Arsonists started at least three of the fires, while other causes are being examined in the other fires, investigators say.

Southern Poverty Law Center

ABC

Huffington Post

The burning of Black Churches is a favored terrorizing method of white supremacists akin to burning crosses outside of African American homes. While sad and enraging it's hardly surprising as controversy heats up over police brutality, the church shooting in South Carolina and the renewed debate over the Confederate flag flying at state capitols in some southern cities and certain retailers and concerned citizens jumping the shark in opposite directions.

Thankfully no one has been hurt in these arsons.

edit on 6/27/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
How so very christian to burn down churches.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Heard about the one in Charlotte.

Luckily the FD was able to contain the fire pretty quickly and my understanding is it was confined to a "utility" area. The actual church was undamaged, or mostly so. Services will be held as usual. The pastor has already issued a statement forgiving whomever set the blaze, but hopes they are caught nonetheless.

That particular blaze made it to CNN and USA Today, but I didn't know about the others.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Everybody knows that burning buildings always solves problems. (Sarcasm)

I guess some people find it easier to burn stuff than to address their own psychological problems.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Watched a documentary the other day...

This is KKK modus operandi.

But to be fair to them (barf)...
It could be any number of neo-nazi groups.

Any word on which groups operate in these areas?

Someone shared a chart of hate groups across the U.S. the other day and the States in which they dwell.
Can't remember which thread.

Definitely recent because I remember seeing an SC group on the chart.
That wouldn't have registered prior to last week.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Nation of Islam is the only one that operates specifically out of Charlotte, but there's some KKK chapters within an easy drive, and a couple of skinhead crews that are spread around.

SPLC has a pretty good map of them.

www.splcenter.org...
edit on 27-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It's the CIA. They are always messing with the Black Folk.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well I don't think it would be NOI, even with the religious difference. Different States for locations too... seems much more in line with the KKK.

link   

Handy little website, thanks.

I wouldn't put it past the NOI to sow discord either.

link   
i watched this one burn down today. about a mile down from my house.

theyre investigating now. i was wondering if this one was arson.

baptist church

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

See? That's why hatred continues. People accusing other people of evil with no evidences. Just prejudices meeting prejudice.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
About 10 years ago six African American churches were burned in my state, all in the same county. When they were caught it turned out to be two white 18 and 19 year old boys. (I'm sure they grew up very fast IN PRISON - which is where they went.) When questioned regarding the motivation they said 'it was fun'. These were all very small churches in rural areas, out on county roads. Easy targets for dumbass cowards.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

No no me neither, didn't mean that. They're just the only ones that are identified as operating out of Charlotte.

As far as I know, there's no known KKK chapter in Charlotte. There's a known NOI group in Charlotte. That's all I meant.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I didn't think you were accusing them.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

...inciting a race war that is.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Being that this is a conspiracy website, I don't think the notion can be discounted out of hand.

Given the proximity of the klukkers and some other skinheads that aren't terribly far away either, I don't think NOI is the front runner.

That being said, this is a small church. About 100 congregants. One could argue that it's not much bang for the buck for a white supremacist group's efforts. NOI is just down the proverbial road.

Hmm.

Possible. Won't say it's most likely, but can't throw it out the window yet. The investigation is in its infancy still, but the CFD guys are pretty solid. I expect they'll be able to get it done.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
It's the CIA. They are always messing with the Black Folk.

Oh, you mean the organization called "The CIA - Caucasians in Action"?
but I doubt they had anything to do with it
articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In the 1990's there was a big hullaballo about black churches being burned and a lot of them turned out to be other reasons than racism such as internal disagreements and insurance fraud, so be cautious when jumping to conclusions. There is a big bandwagon here and a lot of people will be jumping on it for various reasons.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
sounds like the effort to ignite a 'race war' is going full swing.

i suspect surprises await, when the identity of the arsonist is/are revealed.

that scheme, too, will end up in failure.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Probability factors would suggest a white supremacist group, if it is indeed arson in each case, or even some of the respective cases.

It's all up in the air I guess.

Hearing that the NOI operate out of the area did throw up a red flag.
Wouldn't bet on it though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join