It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK bans teaching of creationism in any school that receives public funding

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein
Yep, mountain of evidence....That's why it is still a theory and not "the way"....Because of all the scientific evidence proving this theory correct....Man you guys just don't understand....

"It's just a theory" is such an ignorant argument that even the creationist institute recommends their believers to stop using it. LOL!

A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.

All you are demonstrating is your profound ignorance of the scientific method.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: Prezbo369

I wish the U.S. would follow suit. Unfortunately, there are too many religious fanatics in politics for it to have much of a chance.

Such a law would be unconstitutional in many states.

The very concept of American freedom requires belief in a God. It doesn't matter what you call it, or what you think it looks like, but if you don't have a god, flying spaghetti monster, whatever, you are not a true American. Sorry for your luck.

The new America will be a very very sad place.

It would be unconstitutional in that the federal government is not empowered to dictate curricula to the states. It is up to each state to decide. See 9th and 10th Amendments.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein
You do realise evolution doesn't attempt to explain the cosmos. You are clearly young based on the structure of your responses. From human being to human being, please research evolution. It will open your mind. I'm not going to judge you as you are only a victim of your parents and communities ignorance.
You do realise your god doesn't explain how the universe formed right?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
You do realise evolution doesn't attempt to explain the cosmos.

You mean to say yet another creationist is making ham-fisted attacks on a scientific theory they don't understand?

I am shocked, I tell you. SHOCKED!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

And you know this how, exactly?

Well if we are going by the bible then it is said so correct?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Actually the bible gets re written all the time to make it easier for the powers that be to hide you from yourself. Even the most popular version touted as being an accurate translation was a political hatchet job and that was done 4-500 years ago.

Seriously, it's your own belief. If you want to believe it is limiting, fine, but it is actually a very empowering belief if you're doing it right, whether you choose allah, yahweh, the sun, your dog, the flying spaghetti monster, whatever. You choose how to believe.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Wow...again with the attacks...

My parents aren't religious at all....Never spoke about it nor told me anything....I found God on my own, contrary to what you believe or how stupid you see my views, I have researched evolution and honestly it explains nothing on how things came to be....The reasoning behind all of evolution begins with creationism and most people see this, other than people who don't believe in creation. I am not saying evolution is wrong, but you clearly don't understand what I am trying to say so I will stop...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Agree whole heartedly, however if we went by that metric, the D of Ed would never have been created. Now it is there and the feds control everything by controlling the flow of money.

In other words yes, it would be unconstitutional, unless they changed it so that if you say God in a school you get no federal money. That's fine, and no states can really refuse.

ETA I was subtly implying the state constitutions, not the federal, as they would have much more weight in this topic. Also, I knew it would be laughable for all these secular humanists that think we live in federal democracy to try and decipher it.

edit on 25-6-2015 by ISawItFirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

YAY! A win for intellectualism! Too bad that the US won't follow suit any time soon. The lobbying base in America to prevent such laws from being passed is FAR stronger than it is in the UK.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Veiled threats as usual.

Hey the theory of gravity is a scientific theory go test that out off a bridge eh?.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Apparently you believe in ignorance too.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000

I wish the U.S. would follow suit. Unfortunately, there are too many religious fanatics in politics for it to have much of a chance.

Such a law would be unconstitutional in many states.

The very concept of American freedom requires belief in a God. It doesn't matter what you call it, or what you think it looks like, but if you don't have a god, flying spaghetti monster, whatever, you are not a true American. Sorry for your luck.

The new America will be a very very sad place.

This is 100% untrue and I'm not sure where you got this idea from. I'm an agnostic without belief in a god and I'm 100% an American, so your "theory" is shot to hell.
edit on 25-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

Agree whole heartedly, however if we went by that metric, the D of Ed would never have been created. Now it is there and the feds control everything by controlling the flow of money.

In other words yes, it would be unconstitutional, unless they changed it so that if you say God in a school you get no federal money. That's fine, and no states can really refuse.

The Feds were not empowered to make the DofE either along with a whole host of alphabet agencies, but that's an arguement for another day.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

No you are right...No creationism right.....So here is evolution...

Nothing...

Nothing....

Poof, planets, sun, everything in perfect alignment somehow...

POOF, something forms from nothing on a rock called earth...

POOF, that nothing turned into a little something somehow...

That something evoled into an intelligent human being...

My lord, how retarded this sounds compared to creationism is just absolutely astounding when saying it out loud....

So here is Creationism, then:

- POOF!...something forms itself from nothing (God)...

- POOF!...then the stories in Genesis about how everything else was formed from nothing occur (you can pick which version you like better, Genesis 1 or Genesis 2)...

- Contained within those stories...POOF!...the god who apparently created himself from nothing uses either the dust (formed from nothing) or the clay on the earth (formed from nothing) and makes an unintelligent human being(formed from nothing)...a talking snake (formed from nothing, remember) comes and tempts man (and his girlfriend...POOF!...formed from dusty man's rib...which was formed from nothing) into gaining knowledge of "good and evil" by eating fruit from a tree (formed from nothing, still)...dusty man and ribby girl now are intelligent beings...

- POOF!...the all-powerful, self-created god formed from nothing has been disobeyed and its "creations" (formed from nothing-dust/clay and nothing-rib) are now smarter than when it created them, so it throws a hissy fit, kicks its "creations" out of their home (that was formed from nothing), and puts magical security forces (formed from nothing) to protect the gates (formed from nothing) of their old home (still formed from nothing)...

- POOF!...All sin and hell breaks loose, and a few thousand years later, here we are, give or take a Messiah (formed from nothing...not even sex).

To quote someone on this thread, "My lord, how retarded this sounds ... when saying it out loud...."

Oh, that was you.

edit on 25-6-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Anyhow back on topic does anyone agree with me that this is a good thing for the future of science here in the UK?.
We have always been top notch on the subject and continue to push it in our schools.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Anyhow back on topic does anyone agree with me that this is a good thing for the future of science here in the UK?.
We have always been top notch on the subject and continue to push it in our schools.

I personally think that if we had a quick class saying we do not really understand how or why we are here but you have your whole life to figure that out....

And then move on to how to read, write, build things, cook food, be nice ect.

That would be a school I would be happy to send any child to.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I don't think it'll make much of a difference. You honestly, with all of the other issues with public schooling and contemporary society, that the only thing keeping kids out of the science career fields were some schools teaching creationism?

link   

a reply to: GetHyped

Yep magic....How your theory of evolution produced everything in perfect harmony without a creator....exactly

Perfect harmony? The earth revolves around the sun in 365.25 days. Disregarding the fact that it isn't round (because who really cares about the base of a number? It's arbitrary), it isn't a whole number. Surely PERFECT harmony would mean the earth would orbit the sun in a timespan that is a factor of 24 hours.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I say Alleluiah to that!! lol

Now, for those opposing this move here is how this clause defines creationism:

“Any doctrine or theory which holds that natural biological processes cannot account for the history, diversity, and complexity of life on earth and therefore rejects the scientific theory of evolution.”

Creationism is still taught in Religious classes where children learn about all religions, not just Christianity and this is how it should be, to allow kids to make up their own mind about things.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Unfortunately, saying you're American and living as one doesn't make it so. Well take all comers though. Make up your own God and join the party. Hey make it you! No one cares, as long as you have skin in the game too!

It doesn't matter. You have killed America already.

Oh hey, you've mentioned your state before. Read your state constitution, you might be VERY surprised. You're beliefs make you unfit to serve as a juror, one of the quintessential American activities.

Sorry brother.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join