It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Won't

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ahimsa

I got to "Matthew 5:17-2021st Century King James Version (KJ21)" and stopped reading. I also didn't read responses.

I'm fairly certain others have made my point.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Who says this is god's law, maybe god doesn't care who marries who. You are quoting a man made concocted crock of cock and bull.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

No, you're wrong. Right now it is about Christians not participating in same sex celebrations and being sued, lied about, and called haters. So many of you failed to notice that these Christians were more than willing to offer their services for any other occasion that gays wanted, just not same sex celebrations. However so many of you claim that they outright discriminated against these gay couples and prefer to overlook the fact that they are only refusing to do one thing and that is one that goes against God's laws against same sex. If incest marriages become legal these same Christians will refuse to participate in their weddings as well. I don't expect you to understand.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Your point being that you saw a Bible verse quoted and jumped on the Christian bashing train without even finding out what was written.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

No one is trying to force His law on you, but we will not be bullied into disobeying His law for you.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

We are all sinners, but some of us try our best to obey God's laws all the time and repent when we sometimes fall.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Who says this is god's law, maybe god doesn't care who marries who. You are quoting a man made concocted crock of cock and bull.

It wasn't that long ago that interracial marriage was called a sin using similar nonsense. So what changed? Are my parents sinners or did God issue an edict at some point that the world wouldn't go to hell if two people of different ethnicities got married and had children?

For what it's worth, I don't dislike religion or Christianity but I do dislike people who hide behind and misuse religions to advance discrimination based on their own fears, insecurities and sometimes hatred towards people who are different..

To me, the whole Christian philosophy in essence is that we should all try to help each other and not judge lest we be judged? That's from what I understand about Christ (admittedly not much since I was kicked out of Sunday school for asking 'if God was perfect why did he create dinosaurs only to wipe them out, couldn't he have got it right the first time?')
edit on 25-6-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

No one is trying to persecute your gay marriage, we just will not participate in them. This seems to anger Gays and their supporters to no end. There are plenty of people who will gladly participate in your same sex celebrations, but that isn't good enough for you, you want to force people to go against God. We don't hate you, we just aren't willing to go against God for you. It's quite simple.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

When I left the pot was already boiling, I came back to see how things were going...pot and frog have long been turned to ash.

This site used to be about conspiracies, aliens, ghosts, science, ancient civilizations and more. Then it turned into God Haters are Us.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ahimsa
a reply to: argentus

No one is trying to persecute your gay marriage, we just will not participate in them.

And if you or someone objected to participating in an interracial marriage on similar "religious grounds" would you feel that is in the spirt of Christ and the bible?

How about atheists? Would you participate in one of their weddings?

edit on 25-6-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I'm mixed race, my husband of 35+ years is mixed race. The only ones that were to remain pure was the tribe of Judah (sp?). Race is something you are born with, your race is not a sin against God. If someone is against mixed race marriages it has nothing to do with God, but of that person's own racial problems.

Atheists just don't believe in God, they are not committing a sin that God calls abominable or detestable and worthy of death.

edit on 25-6-2015 by ahimsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Atheists just don't believe in God, they are not committing a sin that God calls abominable or detestable and worthy of death.

Kill nonbelievers. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
Kill followers of other religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12, Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
Kill an entire town if anyone there worships another God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Death to followers of other religions. (Exodus 22:19)

Kill in the name of the Lord. (Jeremiah 48:10)

edit on 6-25-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Nothing like pulling scriptures out of context.

Since the topic of the thread was derailed from post two onwards, there is no point in this thread. Not one of you was able to understand what I was saying. Not one of you, not even those of you who say that oh yeah you understand quite well...you don't.

Romans 1: 21-32

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

By all means, explain the context to me and why it's not part of the law to be followed?

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't know why you keep ignoring my posts. I guess my point is just too logical for you and you can't deal with it.

Everyone is perfectly free not to work with same-sex weddings. Do you understand? You are perfectly free not to work with same-sex weddings. I don't know how more simply I could put that. Don't be in the wedding business, and your problem is so!ved. S-O-L-V-E-D.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

No one is trying to force His law on you, but we will not be bullied into disobeying His law for you.

Simple thing - become a private 'bakery' or whatever, then you can serve anyone that meets your criteria of acceptance.

Otherwise, if you are doing 'public' trade, you can't discriminate based on religion, race, sex, sexual orientation and all the other protected statuses. You can refuse 'service' to people nominally breaking the law 'disruptive' or 'drunk', etc but not based on a 'state of being'.

If you are in trade and open to 'the public' then you must serve that 'public'.

If you feel so very strongly - refuse the next gay couple - publically and proundly - and defend the lawsuit.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Nothing like pulling scriptures out of context.

Romans 1: 21-32

As you have repeatedly done.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

We are all sinners, but some of us try our best to obey God's laws all the time and repent when we sometimes fall.

Good point.

If I could edit my initial post, I would.

My apologies.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Isn't there Incest in there incest in the Bible?

i don't think anyone is bullying you, you just have to live by the same laws as everyone else, a religious belief doesn't make you above the law

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Not one of you understood what I was saying.

So many here are all upset and unable to understand why we won't participate in same sex celebrations and call us haters for not baking you cakes. It isn't about hate, but your response to me is very hatefilled.

You give Christians a bad name. If you're looking for followers this has the opposite effect and this is exactly why people don't give a rats ass anymore if they "sin". Your post portrays God as a man filled with hate. None with gather at his side,

Shame on you for being such a hate filled asshole.

If you don't like same sex then stop fantasizing about it. You know what they say about homophobics right?

I attended a gay wedding and I'm not gay , how dare you tell me I sinned!
Go away.
edit on 25-6-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join