It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

white protest and black riots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

Yes, you are missing something. It is called "perspective." I realized you lacked it when I saw the term "White privilege" in one of your links.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

so you think white privilege doesn't exist? do you deny the existence of systemic racism?
edit on 23-6-2015 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali

so you think white privilege doesn't exist? do you deny the existence of systemic racism?

It does not exist and yes, I am denying it. America is victim of systemic classism, not racism. If you don't fit into a certain class, you're equally boned regardless of your skin tone.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well Obama himself said racism is in the DNA and passes on.

So what are people supposed to do?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

unlike the rioters after those sporting events the purpose of the protest was not to destroy but to seek answers about the injustice that blacks face at the hands of police. yet the language that the media use when describing groups of black people undermines the protesters.

thousands of blacks and whites gathered to protest peacefully with zero deaths and they are called thugs and criminals for exercising their constitutional rights

yet a biker gang can have a shootout that kills 9 and the rhetoric totally changes. is that fair ? its funny how every time americas deep seated race issues are brought up on ats the thread is labeled a troll thread.

Lets see.... 100 bikers were arrested each held at over 1 million for a bond. Check your facts. If that would have happened to 100 looters it would have just been worse.. People need to just grow up. This is just more stupid race baiting. Just so it's known, if you steal,rob or mess with me or my property or business my large caliber bullets really don't care what color you are.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

unlike the rioters after those sporting events the purpose of the protest was not to destroy but to seek answers about the injustice that blacks face at the hands of police. yet the language that the media use when describing groups of black people undermines the protesters.

The purpose wasnt to destroy? sure looked like all those looted buildings, burnt police cars and burned down buildings were all bout destroying.......

you dont destroy things to find answers, you destroy things because youre a violent thug, or an opportunist.....

yet a biker gang can have a shootout that kills 9 and the rhetoric totally changes.

There were 9 bikers killed and over 100 arrested and held on bail that is sky high..........how many were killed in the riots in baltimore or ferguson or arrested and still being held in custody??

Do you even actually read about anything youve talked about or do you just watch Youtube videos?

because its really really clear you arent getting any facts, and when faced with them on this thread, you either totally ignore them or reply with something so off the wall it doesnt even have a connection.........

Again I maintain this thread is to instigate, and is not based on actually having a discussion at all
edit on 6/23/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
The purpose wasnt to destroy? sure looked like all those looted buildings, burnt police cars and burned down buildings were all bout destroying.......

you dont destroy things to find answers, you destroy things because youre a violent thug, or an opportunist.....

Maybe answers are often found inside gutted establishments, underneath police cars, and written inside the packaging of looted merchandise?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Dont worry op, your thread is fine, people wIth there heads stuck in the sand cant see the difference.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

its easy to claim everything is about class when your a majority and can lump every other race together under the term "minority". yet you don't have to worry about your children going outside and being harassed because of their culture or skin color or being murdered by the police. if you don't acknowledge systemic racism then you are being willfully ignorant.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

obama is not a scientist. no one is born racist.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

im gonna need you to show me proof of this stuff.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

this thread is about the medias double standard in reporting these events and the rhetoric used to describe protesters and rioters. not about who got away with what and how much they had to pay when they got caught.

btw overcompensation doesn't come across well over internet text

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

if you don't like this thread then kick rocks

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

im gonna need you to show me proof of this stuff.

? youre going to need me to show you proof of what was plastered on to every TV for months?

or what a simple google of the incidents would provide? or even a cursory glance at threads here on ATS at the time?

Yep I knew it

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: scattergun

this thread is about the medias double standard in reporting these events and the rhetoric used to describe protesters and rioters. not about who got away with what and how much they had to pay when they got caught.

Which you have no leg to stand on..........again , just balitmore alone

Baltimore Mayor: Space Was Provided To Those Who ‘Wished To Destroy’

double standard alright LOL

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At least people are not posting about Jenner.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

thousands of blacks and whites gathered to protest peacefully with zero deaths and they are called thugs and criminals for exercising their constitutional rights

yet a biker gang can have a shootout that kills 9 and the rhetoric totally changes. is that fair ? its funny how every time americas deep seated race issues are brought up on ats the thread is labeled a troll thread.

So....were they looking for answers in the CVS? Or, wait, were the answers in that brand new building built by a church that burned to the ground?

Were the answers they were looking for in the fire hoses they got punctured while firefighters were trying to fight fires that, I suppose, were set "looking for answers?"

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

all you had to say was that you don't have proof.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I think we need a song, take it away Paul and Stevie...

Hey people listen to the song will you!?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

violence broke out because the police were the aggressors. unlike these sporting events where their soul purpose was to destroy property for the fun of it

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join