It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

white protest and black riots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

there is a double standard

when unarmed blacks are killed by police the victims are dehumanized and slandered so those local communities protest and seek answers only to be met with military force.

yet whites are allowed to riot and destroy property when their teem loses with impunity and mass shooters (who are mostly white middle class males) are seen as people we should sympathize with.

am i missing something? is it all in my head? what do you think ats?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: duesprimusvictorimmortali

I think we need a song, take it away Paul and Stevie...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Do you have any proof that whites are allowed to cause these crimes?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

video

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The problem I see with the photo in the OP is that it is two different news sources describing things differently. Show me two articles from the same source treating these people differently and I will gladly take notice.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Highly edited and biased youtube videos do not constitute proof.

Although they are posted as 'proof' time after time here.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think it's mostly in your head.

You surely aren't telling me you are blind to the countless 'he was a good kid' and 'he was turning his life around' stories we see in the media used to describe young black career criminals and gang bangers?

What even is the point of this thread though? To show us some subtle racist on social media can manipulate you so easily? Or maybe you don't fully believe it but like his talking points anyways as they line up with your thinking?

Stop buying into and perpetuating the problem though, please.
edit on 23-6-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: duesprimusvictorimmortali
a reply to: thesaneone

video

I said proof.

I just checked the laws and nowhere did I read that it was legal for white males to cause crimes.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Poor hoods with a higher chance of killing cops versus drunk people. Naturaly police gears up more heavily against the first. During the riots of Michael brown police has been shot at. Offenders of both sides should ofcourse be punished.
The fact that the pyscho kid was a quiet and soft spoken person does not mean one should symphatize with him, it just gives a profile of him. How could you possibly symphatize with him, look at the little ****. Where is the white privilege?

www.youtube.com... this perhaps?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Angry people riot
Poor people riot

Just doesn't matter if they are Black or White. If your upset with the way victims are portrayed buy the media then just stop watching those fools.

The MEDIA really couldn't care what color a person is if they can get a boost in the ratings. It's money and Media. They spread disinformation and truth rubbed together in the guise of informing you. The latest trend is to grab a few sound bites from others wanting some face time for their own agenda. Megan Kelly, Cavuto and Smerconish can sit back and really fuel the race issue... they do it every day. Look at the problem not the celebrity telling you what to think.

No jobs or justice in the inner cities
Stressed economy
Distrust of government
Bad schools
Slums
To many people in jails for too long
Drugs
No Medical care
And BAD media coverage of it all to make money. Stop watching others opinions and form one.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Op must be a fact resistant human I have read about on this site.

edit on 23-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
you've all made semi valid points that don't change the reality of the situation nitpicking at insignificant details and using your opinions justify this double standard.

deusimperator- why do "poor hoods" have a higher chance of killing cops? how do you know know they are poor? and whats makes them "hoods"?

thesaneone- due to your defense of the confederate flag i don't think you warrant a reply

belowannouncement- can you provide an example of "the countless 'he was a good kid' and 'he was turning his life around' stories we see in the media used to describe young black career criminals and gang bangers?" ?

stosh64- i can only say that these videos used the clips from actual news programs

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

it just so happens me and the creator of this youtube video came to the same conclusion

morebeer- what facts am i resisting?
edit on 23-6-2015 by duesprimusvictorimmortali because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So only white people go to college and go to sporting events?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Lol all you had to say was "I have no proof". Lol

Oh and I actually never defended any flag.

edit on 23-6-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

no. but they are a majority of the people who go out and cause riots afterwards yet the media accepts this and they aren't shamed for it. the same thing happens in europe during their sporting events why do you think they aren't met with military force and allowed to destroy property?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hey great job perpetuating division and BS with highly edited video, etc........

PS did you forget "We gave them room to destroy" by the Mayor during the protests?

This has to be a troll thread

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What do you say about this? A violent may day protest is reported as "mostly peaceful", while a completely peaceful tea party rally is labeled as "very ugly"?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Well.... usually riots that occur are after a police officers are cleared of charges and large protests happen prior to the charges being presented to the public giving the police (not military) enough time to be ready for the possible riots that may occur. plus, They usually call in the national guard after a bad day of looting and rioting.

with sporting events no one can predict the winner or if the crowd will riot after a loss. Also, in Baltimore I remember the mayor telling the police to let them riot.
edit on 23-6-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

unlike the rioters after those sporting events the purpose of the protest was not to destroy but to seek answers about the injustice that blacks face at the hands of police. yet the language that the media use when describing groups of black people undermines the protesters.

thousands of blacks and whites gathered to protest peacefully with zero deaths and they are called thugs and criminals for exercising their constitutional rights

yet a biker gang can have a shootout that kills 9 and the rhetoric totally changes. is that fair ? its funny how every time americas deep seated race issues are brought up on ats the thread is labeled a troll thread.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join