It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Countries Change Their Gun Laws After Mass Shootings. Why Not America?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

A global enforcement of a global gun law is about 40,000 years away.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
No fight man to man like the old days.

What 'old days'?

If he has a sharp object I will try my best to avoid/flee. If he has a bat or blunt object, I may try my luck depending on the situation/state of mind.

Good for you. I would rather be armed.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I believe the reason this keeps happening is because we have broken our mental health system. 20 years ago these people would have been safely residing in long term asylums instead of wandering our neighborhoods with access to firearms. Some of what has happened in these asylums is inexcusable and contributed to the closing of all such facilities. The hard truth is that there are many people who can't be medicated into civilized rational thinking people. These days there is no system in place to deal with such people until after they have done something heinous like shoot up a school or church because the pig people were after them.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Didn't think of that. Lol. Point being can't justify having a gun cos a gun might be drawn on you. Could justify it for other reasons, not that.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Point being can't justify having a gun cos a gun might be drawn on you.

That never entered into my thought process, however if someone entered my home with a firearm I know the layout and have the advantage.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Momof7
Very good point however alot of these people are indoctrinated at a young age into the ideology of their parents. Many people deny their children sufficient medical care in segregated/cult like communities, even before the system could fail them.alot of these "psychos" have traumatic childhoods to put it lightly and often denied vital primary social I earning in terms of right and wrong. I would go as far to say alot of these are just as much victims as the victims they kill. (No justification for doing it though)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I have no problem with a guns in the house. Helps people feel there family has extra protection whoch is good.my problem is when it leaves the house.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I have no problem with a guns in the house. Helps people feel there family has extra protection whoch is good.my problem is when it leaves the house.

There are plenty of examples where law-abiding citizens foiled violent crimes either perpetrated on them or others by using a firearm, even when the criminal had one as well.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

a reply to: cavtrooper7
No fight man to man like the old days. If he has a sharp object I will try my best to avoid/flee. If he has a bat or blunt object, I may try my luck depending on the situation/state of mind.. If I'm cornered and he has a gun pointed at me, me having a gun would be irrelevant. This is what you and many others ignore. If someone has the high ground you lose. By reaching for your gun you have a high chance of being shot. Being Macho doesn't help in the subject and pretending you have super human senses is absurd. Stick to the steroids.

Run? So what if you have your family with you? I guess you just have to be able to run faster than your wife and/or kids to be safe, right?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I guess you just have to be able to run faster than your wife and/or kids to be safe, right?

Or maybe the whole family trained at the Cobra Kai dojo with Sensei Kreese.

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

This showed up on my Facebook feed recently, first time I saw it, and it definitely hit home on some of the gun control issues.

Everyone in that video is an actor. It was staged by anti-gun group.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Not safe to say plenty of people have died trying to be a hero? These types of examples will go on forever so I suggest we stop it here.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Not safe to say plenty of people have died trying to be a hero?

I am sure some have but that is their decision to make based on the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well if youre adding my family in the situation it's a completely different situation. I might aswell say what if he had a tank. It's stupid. I was answering a question what I would do. You would say you would draw a gun on him if he had it pointed on you and your family. Hope your never forced to make such a decision.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Well if youre adding my family in the situation it's a completely different situation. I might aswell say what if he had a tank. It's stupid. I was answering a question what I would do. You would say you would draw a gun on him if he had it pointed on you and your family. Hope your never forced to make such a decision.

And if I was, I'd want every possible method I could reasonably use at my disposal, rather than just be a victim,

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

When will any of you anti - gun people figure out that outlawing firearms only disarms the citizens who need protection? That the criminals and nutbars will STILL own them? That They will find a way to get one to carry out their psycho agendas?

Laws only apply to those who follow them...

And just FYI, quoting toilet paper like the Huffington Post doesn't bolster credibility.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Taser not good enough? Every possible method....who are you kidding, all you want or need is a gun right? If you had a choice between a gun or a tasers we both know what your preference would be. I don't need a justification why.

And before you type the same standardised response I know you and everything about you. I do know what uve been through.
edit on 21-6-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Taser not good enough? Every possible method....who are you kidding, all you want or need is a gun right? If you had a choice between a gun or a tasers we both know what your preference would be. I don't need a justification why.

And before you type the same standardised response I know you and everything about you. I do know what uve been through.

Tasers have their advantages and limitations. Overall, they have more limitations than advantages in a self defense scenario. As for the rest--?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19476623]9teen
Please look at just SOME anti gun societies. We are still alive and functioning .criminals aren't shooting everyone because we don't have guns. I can't comprehend this type of arguement. Criminals will alway have illegal weapons, guns or no guns.

These nut jobs you refer to target places that don't have guns on site or are vunerable (churches, schools,) we can't give guns to children in schools or arm priests just incase of psychos.like you can't carry a gun just because someone might draw their gun on you.

I would suggest you check out for yourself how many people have died from psycho shootings or criminals vs civilians in the last 20 years in america and compare it to how many deaths from civilian vs civilian as a result of guns. I'm sure no one will be suprised outside of America.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Criminals will alway have illegal weapons, guns or no guns.

The purpose of the Second Amendment is not for defense against the common criminal, although that is a useful byproduct.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join