It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Countries Change Their Gun Laws After Mass Shootings. Why Not America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus

This concept of freedom is amazing though. You will never hear the word freedom being used in any media outlets, we don't feel out freedom is ever in jeopardy, yet I read it a thousand times a day on ATS. The beauty of culture I suppose.

What a terrifying thing that is, freedom not ever being discussed. The best way to take away freedom is to make sure the word and idea doesn't exist. Enjoy the illusions of security you swaddle yourself in.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"I'd like to stop someone from murdering me first"
Why would you want to carry a gun then? Shouldn't even respond to this post but ahwell.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

And from what I've read, you're spouting much of the usual rhetoric from the anti-gun club. Why is your rhetoric better? Because it's logical and rational? Says who? You? Terrific. Pro-gunners say the same about their logic.

My favorite is the "so you sleep in fear at night" line. No, I don't. As I said in another thread, I don't sleep in fear of the boogeyman. Because I know that if and when he goes bump in the night, I have more than just kind words and hope to meet him with. Anti-gunners love to talk about how they sleep just fine with unlocked windows and doors and so on. Good, great. Glad to hear it. Hopefully nobody with ill intent ever learns that you don't lock your doors. Should they, hopefully your kind words and a cup of tea gets the job done. And that's your prerogative. Nobody is forcing you to go out and buy a gun. Why do you have the right to force me to give up mine?

But really, I can see how pro-gunners can come off rather rabid. Just like the anti-gunners can. For me, my argument is summed up in two words. Pretty logical and rational from where I sit, though I'm sure some will disagree. My two word argument to wanting my guns?

Molon labe.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Individual rights. You're missing that one.

See, i've never harmed anyone and likely never will. So to limit my rights would seem to be quite tyrannical. And that is what this boils down to. Gun control shouldn't be a drag net, nor a Minority Report. And it absolutely should not arise because of a loud mouthpiece driving fear.

The world isn't nerf coated. Life is risk. Its just that simple. And if my owning a gun puts your life at risk...im cool with that. Because the risk is less than the risk you put yourself under by using a car.

Its all individual rights. You have no right to safety. But I do have a right to self preservation.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
Why is talking about freedom good. We already have it. Why on earth would we need to discuss freedom. We are under no illusion that our way of life is under threat. Our media does not amplify the propoganda america is submitted to. Freedom has little to do with pipelines in distant countries and our government does not feel the need to belittle us with such absurd statements. I know you don't understand this like I don't understand your perspective. Freedom is a term used for military recruitment and reinforcement of political agendas. But you already know this yet are clearly choosing to disregard it to poke fun at someone that does not share your view or understand your reasons for making such a statement. I'm sure we will just wish each other good luck and be done.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Individual rights. You're missing that one.

See, i've never harmed anyone and likely never will. So to limit my rights would seem to be quite tyrannical. And that is what this boils down to. Gun control shouldn't be a drag net, nor a Minority Report. And it absolutely should not arise because of a loud mouthpiece driving fear.

The world isn't nerf coated. Life is risk. Its just that simple. And if my owning a gun puts your life at risk...im cool with that. Because the risk is less than the risk you put yourself under by using a car.

Its all individual rights. You have no right to safety. But I do have a right to self preservation.

You might harm somebody though. We should take it a step further... not only should we outlaw guns, we should just make the whole country a prison camp to stop the violence.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
guns stomp out evil tyranny....Do not quote Obama.....carrumba...but, but we're the last stronghold....and we are so set for truth and justice, we'll never fall.....it's a God thing.....from Texas.....

Don't know whether to laugh or cry at this response.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

not only should we outlaw guns, we should just make the whole country a prison camp to stop the violence

All that would do is transfer and redistribute the violence.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Don't encourage them, they love redistribution lol

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

not only should we outlaw guns, we should just make the whole country a prison camp to stop the violence

All that would do is transfer and redistribute the violence.

You know I agree with some of your posts... but with that response I really have to question if you're reading the posts you respond to or not.

I was clearly being sarcastic and you responded like I was being serious.

Is that really your response? I made an outlandish proposition and you gave a critique like I meant it.

edit on 21-6-2015 by Ksihkehe because: your you're... damn me... one of the mistakes I hate.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
Very fair point. I would say the chances of self preservation are greatly diminished if someone has the same mentality though. They too are happy to put your life at risk. I agree that life is risk, definetly, I just can't see how increasing the risk is of any benefit.(if no one has guns, risk is equal to if everyone has guns). It's hard to discuss cos it is so deeply imbeded the need for the right to have a gun. You have to understand I can't relate, hence my differing opinion. We had our guns and chose to abolish them. I don't believe the end product has been bad. (Please no criminals have guns)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I understood the sarcasm.

I added my own the same way.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The risk is not any way equal without guns..... The physically stronger are at an unfair advantage. That's why one of the nicknames for guns is the great equalizer.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I understood the sarcasm.

I added my own the same way.

Well, I suppose since this is America I have to shoot you now

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Don't care if you abolish guns or not, just highlighting a clear problem. Your repeating the same comments I criticised earlier, I will shoot the bogeyman before he gets me. Please people (not just you) stop the old I will shoot them first. Criminal attacks are often suprise attacks. You are assuming you will wake up at their presence. You know this not to be true.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Lol criminals are silent ninjas, so we might as well just disarm guys.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
Goes both ways...not an equaliser if they have a
A scope or better range capabilities. Swings and round abouts. Strange point to highlight.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
seems like secret plans to get firearms off American streets and homes, the "Right" to bear arms is one of 'their' problems, doesnt look promising and bad feelings all around sure to cause major trouble down the road like an armed military state to us civilians

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

CRIMINALS are better combatants that I , a scout with PTSD?
How little you know about the skill of situational awareness with effective training VS some dreg who is a coward.
I AM always "ON" I haven't a choice.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join