It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible prove its NOT the authority as the word of God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: flammadraco
Below Jesus clearly predicts that his Second Coming will be during the lifetimes of the First Century Christians who lived in their time.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

The above two verses are not Jesus’ second coming. They pertain to the establishment of New Jerusalem.

How do you or the biblical scholars know for sure the writers (apostles) true meaning?

How do we know that all the meaning you described in your post, isn't just an objective view, an attempt to connect random dots and to prove a continued logic to various unrelated views, stories and accounts?

During the period of the Exodus there were a great number of Hebrews (well over one million) who did inhabit Egypt and threatened over five cities with overwhelming Hebrew language and ordainences.

Did they just inhabited Egypt or were they Egyptian's slaves? either way can you prove ''exodus'' happened? ....

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

originally posted by: Seede
Below Jesus clearly predicts that his Second Coming will be during the lifetimes of the First Century Christians who lived in their time.

Matthew 16:28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
Luke 9:27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

The above two verses are not Jesus’ second coming. They pertain to the establishment of New Jerusalem.

...snip ...

Did they just inhabited Egypt or were they Egyptian's slaves? either way can you prove ''exodus'' happened? ....

The Hebrew tribes were initially welcomed into Egypt, were granted land (Goshen, its location served as a buffer from invaders from the North East. In fact, I recall there being an Egyptian stele depicting the defeat of Assyrian invaders by a combined army of Egypt and the 'Apiru' from Goshen) and were close to the throne (Joseph was vizier and second in command to the Pharaoh).

It was a later Pharaoh (probably a Hyskos, or foreign ruler) who decided that there were too many Semitic peoples (even though the Hyskos were, themselves, Semitic, perhaps Assyrian) and they were a threat to Egyptian sovereignty. That Pharaoh then enacted government sponsored, race based slavery.

The epithet "Hebrew" was itself an Egyptian one (Apiru) which means 'a stateless people', i.e: they had no homeland. The Egyptian name may come from the earlier Sumerian one of 'Habiru'.

The name 'Moses' was also Egyptian, and not a Canaanite one, meaning 'he is born' An example of this is the name 'Thutmose' whose meaning is Thut (a god), mose (he is born) - i.e: Thutmose was 'the incarnation of Thut'. (By the way, the Pharaoh of the exodus was probably Thutmose II, whose reign was unusual and has features that may well relate to the exodus events and fits the time frame). From the way 'mose' is used in Egyptian royal names, we can infer that the name Moses probably meant 'the incarnation of the unnamed god', which fits with Hebrew belief as portrayed biblically.

And then we have the archaeological evidence of the foot shaped forts (wherever you place your foot shall be your inheritance) that Joshua built in his campaign to secure Canaan as the Hebrew homeland (promised land) which places the end of the exodus quite specifically in time, aligning well with the destruction of five different Canaanite walled cities and proves that the influx of Hebrew culture was not gradual.

Later Pharaohs (Thutmose III, Amenhotep II, Seti I, Ramases III & Rameses IV) recorded that, during raids into Canaan, they captured and defeated numbers of 'Apiru'. In this instance they seem to be using the name as a description of a specific Canaanite race or group rather than 'a stateless people'.

At this time, no one can absolutely prove or disprove the exodus occurring, so we must go with the best evidence we have. Do you have an alternate account which fits what we know?

edit on 18/6/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

There is no need to disprove myths, and as long as no archeological evidence of exodus exist,
it is considered just a myth.

Yes the epithet Hebrew has indeed Egyptian origins as well as the Jewish religion, myths and cosmotheory.

Moses is not a historical figure either, and the evidence of ''foot shaped forts'' only prove that someone was there
and in no way this qualifies as evidence of what happened before or where the builders come from, the way they traveled, and the various incidents described in the bible.

In the end even if we accept without actual evidence that the Hebrews left Egypt to find their promised land, Exodus is much more than that;

WE have the 10 Plagues, the red sea opening in half,
and a large number of people walking for 40 years, through the desert,
their clothing and shoes and body did not grow weary,
God gave them supernatural food and drink, shelter canopy from sunlight and rain,
night light to travel by, protection from pharaoh's armies, supernatural endurance etc

Considering the above, exodus CANNOT be a historical event.
It will always be a myth that served ''origin'' purposes (among others) for a religious group of people,
and in no way the actual history of Hebrews.

Nonetheless, nice and informative post my friend.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Why are you so angry? Have you had a bad experience from someone in a church? Has God not bent to YOUR will? Is that it?

He loves you anyway, regardless of your invincible ignorance.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

Thanks but no thanks! no need to go through each scripture I gave an example off as I am sure we could play that game all day.

Personally, I do not believe in any "MAN MADE" religion but I was expecting someone to come along to state "you have it out of context".

Thanks for reading anyway!

So are you admitting to purposely taking them out of context? Because they are way out of context. You can literally make the Bible say anything you want and give you permission to do anything you want if you quote only a verse or part of a verse.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

That's funny...

Love is always welcome....

I am afraid though that God love's him so much,
that he will send him and every other non-believer (including myself),
to tremendous pain and suffering in hell for eternity!!!
Just because He was incapable somehow (odd for an omnipotent god),
To give humanity some credible evidence of His existence...

... apart from a badly written immoral book

If there really is a god, then he is a very good prankster with no sense of humor,
and he really, has no idea, of what love truly is...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

How do you or the biblical scholars know for sure the writers (apostles) true meaning?
How do we know that all the meaning you described in your post, isn't just an objective view, an attempt to connect random dots and to prove a continued logic to various unrelated views, stories and accounts? Did they just inhabited Egypt or were they Egyptian's slaves? either way can you prove ''exodus'' happened? ....

Did you forget the name of this forum? Our conversation is meant to be in the realm of theology just as most should understand. There is much literary evidence of the Hebrew and the Greek bibles. Even though some has not been proven by other sciences there is much that has been confirmed by other literature.

The understanding I have is not only my objective view but the views of the majority text of most scholars. It is not my place to argue but only to show you that you are mistaken. It is your prerogative to accept or reject but when you make a thread in an open forum then you are open for conversation as well as debate. You asked the question as to did they (Hebrews?) inhabit Egypt or were they slaves? Jewish Anthology and the Hebrew bible states that they did both. They entered Egypt with good acceptance and after the love fest of about six years gradually became enslaved.

Can I prove the exodus happened? Why would you dispute the Exodus and make an entire thread on the same false premises as the Exodus? Can you prove Ezekiel existed? If not then why trouble your self with trying to disprove something that never existed? That is foolish indeed is it not? Can you prove your thread? Are you positive that Alexander the Great did all of what literature says he did? How can you be sure? Foolish indeed.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Hahahahaha

Here we are again ladies and gentlemen, arguing over something that was suppose to have been 'proven' in the opening post.

The real lie is that you think you need to convince people of the truth, but the truth doesnt need you. It stands on its own. People find it on their own.

Its so interesting, even in cyberspace where we cant physically harm each other we still find ways to rage war. And when doing it for fun labels you insane we attach a cause to it and that makes it okay.

The idea of peace is false hope. We will always fight. We will always resist. If you think a world without faith is a world without war, then history has taught you nothing.

There is a balance that needs to be kept. For every weight there is a counter. For every light there is a shadow.

When you argue any point, you are proving the existence of an intelligence far greater than us. Whatever it is, they want you to disagree.

Death is coming. It is inevitable.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Could also mean we have a few 2000 year old people hiding out among us and watching?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

With all the threads on ATS regarding “The End Times”, and the coming “Rupture” (which is 2000 years over due), I thought I would take a moment to see how many “Biblical Prophecies” have ever come true!

Christians like to support their argument that the Bible is God’s word and not man’s word, with the argument of fulfilled prophecies in the Bible. However most Christians were never told, that many of the alleged fulfilled prophecies were not even prophecies in the first place, and that there is a long list of failed prophecies in both the Old and New Testaments.

Let’s look at some of the alleged “Fulfilled Prophecies”

Failed, expired, and unfulfilled prophecies

"Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:28)

"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27)

Jesus clearly predicted in those two verses above that the apostles standing with him would see his second coming in their lifetimes. It's clear and simple, nothing allegorical or symbolical.

In the following three verses, Jesus says that the generation living at the time would experience his second coming.

"So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done." (Mark 13:29-30)

"So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." (Luke 21:31-32)

"So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (Matthew 24:33-34)

Obviously, that generation that Jesus was speaking to has long since passed! So why do Christians still insist that the Jesus will come again despite being 2000 years late from what he says in his own words?

Ezekiel made a prophecy that in 587BC, at the time when Nebuchadnezzar was laying siege on Tyre.

Ezekiel 26:7-14
For thus says the Lord: "Behold I will bring upon Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a hosts of many soldiers. He will slay with the sword your daughters on the mainland; he will set up a siege wall against you. He will direct the shock of his battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers...With the hoofs of his horses he will trample all your streets; he will slay your people with the sword and your mighty pillar will fall to the ground...they will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses... I will make you a bare rock...you shall never be rebuilt, for I have spoken," says the Lord God.

The whole passage clearly prophesied the complete destruction of Tyre by Nebuchadnezzar. However, the vivid description of the fall of Tyre never happened. Nebuchadnezzar did not destroy Tyre. Tyre was destroyed by Alexander the Great, 240 years later. And furthermore, despite the prophet, the city of Tyre was eventually rebuilt.

Here God tells Isaac that his descendents (Hebrews) will be as numerous as the stars. Considering the number of stars there are in the universe, that would have to be on the order of Billions if not trillions of Jewish people.

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.

Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.

The Canaanite language has never been spoken in Egypt, and is now an extinct.

Isaiah 19:18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.

Never in its history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?

Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.

Sad thing is Christians were stating they were living in “The End of Days” nearly 2000 years ago as did;

John’s Predictions
John believes “the time is at hand,” and that the things that he writes about in Revelation will “shortly come to pass.” Revelations 1:1-3
John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 22:7, 12 & 20
John thinks he is living in “the last times.” He “knows” this because he sees so many antichrists around. 1 John 2:18
John says that the antichrist was already present at the time 1 John was written. 1 John 4:3
John quotes Jesus (1900 years ago) as saying he will come “quickly.” Revelations 3:11, 22:7, 12 & 20

Paul’s Predictions
Paul thought that the end was near and that Jesus would return soon after he wrote these words. Philippians 4:5
Paul believes he is living in the “last days.” Hebrews 1:2
Paul believed that Jesus would come “in a little while, and will not tarry.” Hebrews 10:37
In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 Paul stated: “For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: And the dead Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: And so shall we ever be with the Lord.”

I could even find prophecy fulfilment in the modern Harry Potter books too. But that doesn’t make these books the infallible divinely inspired word of God! Nor would it mean that our eternal destiny hangs on what they say!

Is it not about time that we take a good hard look at religion and realise that it does not foretell the end of the world and there will be no second coming or rapture.

Bravo..What if god was Lucifer and the god of the bible was evil? One just has to look at all the evil things this so called god did in the old testament.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

a reply to: APOCOLYPSE DAWN

Thanks but no thanks! no need to go through each scripture I gave an example off as I am sure we could play that game all day.

Personally, I do not believe in any "MAN MADE" religion but I was expecting someone to come along to state "you have it out of context".

Thanks for reading anyway!

So you expect other people to read your entire post, including all the King James Version quotes, and then arbitrarily dismiss someone else who does the same thing? You know, I really don't care what people believe, but you know what really annoys me? When anyone who ascribes to any belief system argues with people who are believers, but then doesn't have the respect for the other person to listen to their point-of-view just shows their own intolerance. It's amusing to see that one of your later replies to this person who argued with you says that tolerance is a two-way street, because you're clearly showing a lack of that principle in your own writings by acting dismissively to other posters.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sinjinza1984

Seems a tad bizarre that this was your first post on ATS under this handle and you came to my thread and responded to me! I am overwhelmed and chuffed that you took the time to register with this site to respond to my thread....

And as you're talking about intolerance, lets have a look at how intolerant your holy book is shall we......

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Ignorance is bliss. Christians should not practice free inquiry nor socialize with non Christians:

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17

Paul, knowing that their faith would crumble if subjected to free and critical inquiry, tells his followers to avoid philosophy. Colossians 2:8

Judge other religions for not following Christ:

Whoever denies “that Jesus is the Christ” is a liar and an anti-Christ. 1 John 2:22

Christians are “of God;” everyone else is wicked. 1 John 5:19

The non-Christian is “a deceiver and an anti-Christ” 2 John 1:7

Anyone who doesn’t share Paul’s beliefs has “an evil heart.” Hebrews 3:12

False Jews are members of “the synagogue of Satan.” Revelations 2:9, 3:9

Here are my two personal favorites:

Everyone will have to worship Jesus -- whether they want to or not. Philippians 2:10

A Christian can not be accused of any wrongdoing. Romans 8:33

So before casting usurpations onto others, how about you look up the word "Intolerance" then have a read of your holy book and see what real intolernace actually is.

You can now return to your orginal ATS handle

Thanks for reading an God Bless you! xxx
edit on 19.6.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Christians believe in Christ largely for psychological reasons: because it comforts them, because they were brought up that way or because they are afraid not to believe in case they go to Hell.

An allegedly omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent God has seemingly freely chosen to sentence most human beings to hell. Why? Should such a God (if he exists) be trusted?

God, particularly as depicted in the Old Testament, is a vengeful, genocidal, pestilential megalomaniac who does not act morally. Furthermore his restrictions on such things as sexual behaviour, abortion and euthanasia are undermining of human autonomy.

Christianity has been responsible for a huge amount of killing and wars throughout history and the newspapers are full of supposed Christians who are paedophiles, liars, adulterers, murderers and abusers. If Christianity were true it would make people better.

Christians do not consistently apply the Bible’s commands but pick and choose what they want. For example they forbid sex outside marriage but are happy to eat shellfish and wear polyester although these are forbidden in exactly the same books of the Bible. Furthermore Christians disagree profoundly amongst themselves about what is right and wrong.

Are these enough reasons to dismiss your religion?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Could also mean we have a few 2000 year old people hiding out among us and watching?

Well Jesus was the first Zombie, so anything is possible

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Serious question : From which website have you copy-pasted your stuff you are trying to promote ? Also, as others have said previously you are taking stuff way out of context. And yet you keep doing so. I will not bother with all the out of context quotes and meanings, i will briefly touch only one to show you that you are wrong.

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Lets put 2 John 1:10 in context :

Beware of Deceivers
…9Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

Source
Where does the above say do not associate with non-Christians. ?

Peace
edit on 19-6-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Christians believe in Christ largely for psychological reasons: because it comforts them, because they were brought up that way or because they are afraid not to believe in case they go to Hell.

An allegedly omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent God has seemingly freely chosen to sentence most human beings to hell. Why? Should such a God (if he exists) be trusted?

God, particularly as depicted in the Old Testament, is a vengeful, genocidal, pestilential megalomaniac who does not act morally. Furthermore his restrictions on such things as sexual behaviour, abortion and euthanasia are undermining of human autonomy.

Christianity has been responsible for a huge amount of killing and wars throughout history and the newspapers are full of supposed Christians who are paedophiles, liars, adulterers, murderers and abusers. If Christianity were true it would make people better.

Christians do not consistently apply the Bible’s commands but pick and choose what they want. For example they forbid sex outside marriage but are happy to eat shellfish and wear polyester although these are forbidden in exactly the same books of the Bible. Furthermore Christians disagree profoundly amongst themselves about what is right and wrong.

Are these enough reasons to dismiss your religion?

Please do not confuse the "church" or "man controlled" part of Christianity with actual teachings and beliefs of Christianity. As we all know man is fallible and we all know we will screw up the easiest of messages and tasks regardless of the subject. This is not to Discredit the bible as I believe it was a divine influence that steered man to accumulate and assemble the books of the bible to a common core. There are also other books not contained in the bible that hold credence as well...

So lets break down your response real quick.

Christianity is NOT and let me say this again NOT based on Fear. It is not a fear of Hell that drives people to Christianity because if that was the case it could be said of all religions... Again my point it is not based on Fear but rather based on LOVE... That is what draws people in and that is what drives people to their relationship with the Creator. People love the creator for making them and blessing them with the life and opportunities they have received.

That is the core of Christianity... However, that is not the Core of the church... What the church has become is perverse! John in the book of Revelations even gave us warnings of this when speaking to the different churches of the first Generation.

So to Recap it is Love that drives people to Christ and a true Relationship with God. Asking to be christian based on fear is not becoming Christian... It is a selfish plea to escape what the mortal mind fears. This is in fact anti-christ and at the great judgement will be seen that way. This by no way means that people on their deathbed or those who are about to face their apparent end only make their decision based on Fear... It is not our place to judge as we do not know their heart! Making the statement that you made only goes to show how little you understand of the relationship Christians hold and what it means to be a Christian.

AS for the Sentencing part... Let me clarify here. God has given us freewill an ability to choose to connect with God or to deny him. It is our right and God given gift. What you do with your free will is not God's fault so dont blame him for your choices... Its like being a parent... Our kids are often self images of ourselves and as the parent we know how our kids think and for the most part we know what they are going to do and when. This is especially true with parents who are heavily involved and invested in their kids lives. Now imagine for a second a parent who chooses to be with you everyday, all day. Is it that hard to believe that they may know what your going to do before you do it? see the actions your making and know the outcome... but yet as any good parent does speaks to you and gives you signs (whether you choose to listen is up to you) but still lets you make the decision... Now that my friend is freewill and a loving God!

If God gives you an opportunity to do something good but you decide to do something bad... How is it God's fault? How is it that God be blamed for creating a beautiful human being and through our own society we create mass murderers and psychopaths. We medicate what we dont know and understand because its different and because through medication it is easy... That is the problem... MAN! not God but MAN! We are Fallible and we are corrupted through sin and the opportunity to do wrong when right is in front of us begging to be chosen...

On the Old testament God you portray him as immoral and evil yet you only see half the story and choose to only listen to what meets your vision of God of the Bible. Again taking things out of context only goes to further the agenda of the speaker... This is why proper training in historical document dissection is pertinent and why I use Exegesis when validating and discerning what a passage is stating.

Christianity has not been responsible for the Killings and the Wars... The matter of the fact is that politicians and rulers and men of the church are the ones responsible for these items... it is MAN who is responsible!!! It is so easy to place blame in a generality then it is to pinpoint where true blame lies... The crusades are a perfect example of this. It was representatives of a corrupted church which condoned the killings of innocence beyond what the crusades were truly meant for... which was to stop the encroachment of the Muslim empire that was conquering and slaughtering the christian based territories.

And lastly I agree and disagree with your last statement.

Christians do improperly use scripture to fit their needs. This is part of the problem. However, you are practicing the exact same thing you criticize of Christians... So pot calling kettle black here...

Now onto the part I disagree with: You once again pull out of context knowingly to make an argument that christians are evil and that Christianity should be done away with. But did you know that 100% of the scriptures you quote out of the Old Testiment are the Old Covenant with the Jewish people? This is not law for Gentiles and was never meant to be. now does it mean we can follow those laws... No it is a personal decision to follow them. 10 commandments are a prime example as law for the Old testament Jewish nation and not 21st century americans... The new covenant requires only the following:

Love your neighbor like thy self
Love your self
Love your God and pursue a relationship
It is through Christ's Sacrifice that these things are possible.

That is all Christianity asks... Through proper study of the bible and other resources everyone would come to this conclusion. And what is so bad about LOVE? Why should we do away with a Faith that asks us to love each other unconditionally as the very foundation of its message?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Well Jesus was the first Zombie, so anything is possible

One name Lazarus... you have been debunked lol Lazarus is the first Zombie...

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: sinjinza1984

Seems a tad bizarre that this was your first post on ATS under this handle and you came to my thread and responded to me! I am overwhelmed and chuffed that you took the time to register with this site to respond to my thread....

And as you're talking about intolerance, lets have a look at how intolerant your holy book is shall we......

Kill those who are not Christian or Jewish:

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10

Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16

Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7

Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13

Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20

Any city that doesn’t receive the followers of Jesus will be destroyed in a manner even more savage than that of Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark 6:11

Jude reminds us that God destroys those who don’t believe in him. Jude 5

Ignorance is bliss. Christians should not practice free inquiry nor socialize with non Christians:

Shun those who disagree with your religious views. Romans 16:17

Paul, knowing that their faith would crumble if subjected to free and critical inquiry, tells his followers to avoid philosophy. Colossians 2:8

Judge other religions for not following Christ:

Whoever denies “that Jesus is the Christ” is a liar and an anti-Christ. 1 John 2:22

Christians are “of God;” everyone else is wicked. 1 John 5:19

The non-Christian is “a deceiver and an anti-Christ” 2 John 1:7

Anyone who doesn’t share Paul’s beliefs has “an evil heart.” Hebrews 3:12

False Jews are members of “the synagogue of Satan.” Revelations 2:9, 3:9

Here are my two personal favorites:

Everyone will have to worship Jesus -- whether they want to or not. Philippians 2:10

A Christian can not be accused of any wrongdoing. Romans 8:33

So before casting usurpations onto others, how about you look up the word "Intolerance" then have a read of your holy book and see what real intolernace actually is.

You can now return to your orginal ATS handle

Thanks for reading an God Bless you! xxx

I will say this again.... OUT OF CONTEXT.... and because it is out of context all arguments made in your statement are invalid and null/void. Spin scripture however you want to make your case but it is no reflection of the actual message that was portrayed by the author nor does your application apply to the correct audience.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

What can I say doctor flammadraco? Eventually your going to lose and you well know it. The ace in the hole is that you will one day die. Good luck in trying to deny that one. Have a good eternity.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

Serious question : From which website have you copy-pasted your stuff you are trying to promote ? Also, as others have said previously you are taking stuff way out of context. And yet you keep doing so. I will not bother with all the out of context quotes and meanings, i will briefly touch only one to show you that you are wrong.

Lets put 2 John 1:10 in context :

Beware of Deceivers
…9Anyone who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God; the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son. 10If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting; 11for the one who gives him a greeting participates in his evil deeds.

Source
Where does the above say do not associate with non-Christians. ?

Peace

Just note the OP uses the sources he wants to paint the picture in his mind of Christianity. This is nowhere close to fact and is in fact anti-christ... Pay no offense to his posts but rather keep correcting so others may not fall for the same mistakes he makes and willfully continues to repeat.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join