It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible prove its NOT the authority as the word of God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxusillian

The thread has been going for a few days and has been mostly amicable. I've only been called the anti Christ once.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That is someone's perception of the scripture. Can you provide source?

That being said, mine and others interpretation of scripture is just as valid as anyone else's.

Not bad for a day's work being called the anti Christ and a false teacher in one thread!!

If I was the anti Christ, I wouldn't be on ATS, I'd be smiting all those relgious fundies in IS and the right wing Christians!
edit on 19.6.2015 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

(πλάνος) a charlatan, imposter or misleader (false teacher)

www.bible.ca...

studybible.info...

I don't think it will matter what or how many links I post as you will continue to purposely mislead people without even investigating what the reference words mean or really want to unless you can find some new accusation to shake people's faith by misrepresenting definitions.

You will continue to chip away in an attempt to sway those who are not strong in their beliefs or are new to it all in order to undermine their confidence in what they read and what it means.

Am I correct in this assumption?
edit on 19-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

At the start of Christianity the world put up with the crusades, then we had the Spanish Inquisition, then the church put woman to death for being witches. Then we have only recently had clergy who are meant to be ambassadors of God abusing children.

Your bible sanctioned slavery, your church was against interracial marriage just as now Christians are against gay marriage.

Yes, you are correct in your assumptions, but folk don't need me to sway them away from religion, just watching and reading the news is enough to sway any sane person away from such a cult!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

At the start of Christianity the world put up with the crusades, then we had the Spanish Inquisition, then the church put woman to death for being witches. Then we have only recently had clergy who are meant to be ambassadors of God abusing children.

Your bible sanctioned slavery, your church was against interracial marriage just as now Christians are against gay marriage.

Yes, you are correct in your assumptions, but folk don't need me to sway them away from religion, just watching and reading the news is enough to sway any sane person away from such a cult!

Hey, thanks for being honest anyway.

Just and FYI,

There are many who do not bow to a Pope or believe in the Catholic Church's teachings. Far from it.

Many speculate that the False Prophet of Revelation will be a Pope who will go after Israel and those who refuse to bow to the "intermediary doctrine" of that organization.

Apologize if I have insulted anyone but I have faith in Yeshua HaMashiach not men in robes.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Really.... Lol did you even read your source thoroughly yourself???

anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds."

:

This is the third time you've tried to say I've misquoted and your own source agrees with my stance!!

Give up, go and choose another piece of scripture I've used and try and debunk that as well....

You guys are beating a dead horse! Your relgion is dying, people are waking up now and are leaving the church and returning to God!

Deism is the future

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

Really.... Lol did you even read your source thoroughly yourself???

anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds."

:

This is the third time you've tried to say I've misquoted and your own source agrees with my stance!!

Give up, go and choose another piece of scripture I've used and try and debunk that as well....

You guys are beating a dead horse! Your relgion is dying, people are waking up now and are leaving the church and returning to God!

Deism is the future

Wow,

Ummm.. yeah, it is 2 John 7-11 in English again? You are intentionally performing misrepresentation and misdirection. This will be my last post on this topic.

www.bible.ca...

Letting a person in the door to study with them is not the reason John wrote instructions to the saints of 2 John. If this were true, this would prohibit anyone from talking to anyone who does not believe in Truth -- in their house.Text

This verse has been used incorrectly to define a pattern unknown in the New Testament. It has been applied to a modern custom of religious groups going door-to-door peddling their false doctrines.

There is nothing wrong with allowing a person to come into the house to discuss the Bible.

John (through the Holy Spirit) was not forbidding the specific act of talking with someone about the Bible in our homes but allowing them to be accepted in the false doctrine as part of our fellowship.

He explains in verse eleven that if we condone by our fellowship the deceivers and give them these types of greetings, we share in their evil deeds. Why? Because we are not willing to stand for Christ and defend the Truth.

Again, False Teachers.... Religious Fellowship .... Not "don't let anyone in your house who isn't Christian....

But you already know this and again are trying to take a partial sentence from a page of information knowing it is out of context.

But I am done. If anyone is blind enough to believe you over decades and sometimes centuries of scholarly and linguistic research and even performing research utilizing a direct Greek word translation for themselves, then they are hopeless anyway.
edit on 19-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
a reply to: chr0naut

There is no need to disprove myths, and as long as no archeological evidence of exodus exist,
it is considered just a myth.

Yes the epithet Hebrew has indeed Egyptian origins as well as the Jewish religion, myths and cosmotheory.

Moses is not a historical figure either, and the evidence of ''foot shaped forts'' only prove that someone was there
and in no way this qualifies as evidence of what happened before or where the builders come from, the way they traveled, and the various incidents described in the bible.

In the end even if we accept without actual evidence that the Hebrews left Egypt to find their promised land, Exodus is much more than that;

WE have the 10 Plagues, the red sea opening in half,
and a large number of people walking for 40 years, through the desert,
their clothing and shoes and body did not grow weary,
God gave them supernatural food and drink, shelter canopy from sunlight and rain,
night light to travel by, protection from pharaoh's armies, supernatural endurance etc

Considering the above, exodus CANNOT be a historical event.
It will always be a myth that served ''origin'' purposes (among others) for a religious group of people,
and in no way the actual history of Hebrews.

Nonetheless, nice and informative post my friend.

I would hardly equate the Hebrew beliefs with Egyptian ones. There is no pantheon of gods in Hebrew belief. Creation accounts are very different, in fact, I don't know of any common events. Medicine, nutrition and other more mundane beliefs (like kosher laws) about living are also significantly different.

... and not everyone who seriously studies the Hebrew scriptures thinks that the Genesis account is mythical.

Many of the plagues could be ascribed to a sequence of very natural events as below:

1. An initial algal bloom turns the Nile red and pollutes the water making it undrinkable (toxic).
2. Subsequently, this drives the river frogs from the water in to the towns.
3. The dead frogs and fish provide breeding place for maggots.
4. The maggots then hatch as flies.
5. The spread of disease affects livestock.
6. The diseases also affect humans.
7. There is an exceptional, large thunderstorm with hail and lots of lightning.
8. There is a plague of locusts.
9. There is an unusual 3 day darkness (perhaps a near earth object like a comet blocked out sunlight)?
10. With extreme shortages of unpolluted water and foods, there is a fatal, contagious disease.

There you go, 10 plagues, entirely natural explanations. Hardly mythic. (It is interesting to note that the plagues seem to poke fun at particular Egyptian deities, which might be expected to be the viewpoint of a people who reject those deities).

edit on 19/6/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

All the prophecies focus around a theme...if you don't know the theme then they don't come into focus.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Here is an example...

Daniel 2:44 "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed:"

...and the parallel reference for this...

Daniel 7:24 "And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

These Kings = Ten Horns or Ten Kings from the fourth kingdom.

...and an eleventh arises who...

Daniel 7:8 "come up between them"
Daniel 7:24 "doth rise after them"
Daniel 7:20 "before which three have fallen"

Here is a list of Roman rulers from the end of Greece (third kingdom)...
...to the end of Imperial Rome...
...that ruled during the time God 'set up' His kingdom in Jesus and the apostles.

1. Julius Caesar 49-44BC
2. Augustus 31BC-14AD
3. Tiberius 14-37AD
4. Caligula (aka Gaius) 37-41AD
5. Claudius 41-54AD
6. Nero 54-68AD
7. Galba 68-69AD
8. Otho 69AD
9. Vitellius 69AD
10. Vespasian 69-79AD
11. Titus 79-81AD

The last of the Greek territories were absorbed into the Roman Republic when Pompey made Syria a Roman province in 63 BC.

The first Roman Emperor was Julius Caesar famous for his calendar and was the one who thought "...to change times and laws:" Daniel 7:25.

Vespasian's son Titus is the 11th 'little horn'of whom it is said "another shall rise after them" Dan 7:24, "there came up among them" Dan 7:8

Vespasian succeeded three Emperors - Galba, Otho and Vitellius...
...all three were deposed in a single year 69 AD...
...and it was under Vespasians orders that his son Titus destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD...
...Titus also succeeded his father as emperor...
...so Titus was both 'after' and 'among' the Emperors.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The Book of Daniel records events that happened before 533 BC, was originally written in Aramaic and Hebrew and is known to have been translated into Greek before 132 BC. The prediction matches the events from 48 BC through to 81 AD.
edit on 20/6/15 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Now in 2 John 1:10, the scripture basically says do not accept "Deceivers" into your home otherwise your basically going to hell.

One last time. The specific passage is about "False Teachers" or better said "Deceivers". Further the passage says do not associate with them, which is a sound advice.

So logically a "Deceiver" is anyone not Christian and thus my statement about the intolerance the bible shows about Christians not welcoming non Christian into their home stands!!

Truly, i do not know if you are playing the stupidity card or you are that arrogant. The intolerance comes from your side, which is evident by your continuous quotation and out of context passage, to make deliberately false claims, even though you have been made aware of it from me and others on this thread.

Nevertheless, your assumption is wrong. Unless of course your claim is that "Only Non-Christians, are Deceivers". To put it plainly, the passage simply says "Do not Associate with Deceivers".

Peace
edit on 20-6-2015 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Then you only listen to yourself, not the very words spoken by Jesus Christ.

The Church founded by Jesus is The Catholic Church. Go ahead, poke fun at his "men in robes", but I hope you have a good answer when you are asked why you did that.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Your grasp of history is childlike, reactionary, and based on lies.

Do you even know when the crusades occurred or why? Or The Spanish Inquisition? How many people were actually killed? The Catholic Church burned witches? Lol

You shouldn't be commenting on these subjects, you're obviously not "equipped".

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Is it not about time that we take a good hard look at religion and realise that it does not foretell the end of the world and there will be no second coming or rapture.

Yes you are correct in that we should take a good hard look at religion and also spiritualism. You are also correct when you say that Christianity is on the decline. I don't really know if deism is on the increase or which cult of deism you subscribe to or whether you belong to the alliance or not. After discussion with many deists it remains a mystery which god they subscribe to. Out of six deists that I have talked to not one could define their god and all six had six different ideas of their afterlife. My understanding is that they are screwed up as bad as all other religions.

Please enlighten us with your type of deism and how you have decided upon your particular cult. The most important would be of course exactly how you get to your afterlife. That would be most interesting without documentation of some sort.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

To my brothers and sisters of the faith, be not dismayed. The OP is clearly lacking in understanding scripture and biblical prophecy. It is easy to bend and twist and distort scripture in order to make of it what one pleases. It is easy to put scripture into its own unique context in order to make reality the confirmation bias. It is easy to apply one's own limited knowledge to interpret, e.g., the term "generation".

Anything one could post on ATS that serves a pro-Christian purpose will be shred to pieces and/or trampled upon. Do not cast your pearls to them. They will even shred and trample these words of encouragement (probably).

Go to your pastors or elders for clear, honest information regarding biblical prophecy... or anything scriptural for that matter. I reassure you that prophecy has been fulfilled and more will be.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

To my brothers and sisters of no particular faith be not dismayed. The OP is clearly showing understanding of alleged biblical scripture and biblical prophecy. It is easy to bend and twist and distort scripture in order to make of it what one pleases such as Westboro Church and the Right Wing Christians do on a regular basis. It is easy to put scripture into its own unique context in order to make reality the confirmation bias. It is easy to apply one's own limited knowledge to interpret, and this has been done by Christians for over 2000 years.

Anything one could post on ATS that serves a pro-Christian purpose will be adorned and is just click bate for some Christian Members and serves as a platform to deny equal rights to their fellow human beings. Do not cast your pearls to them. They will even shred and trample these words of encouragement or turn it round!

Go to your Scientist or Teachers for clear, honest information regarding biblical prophecy... or anything scriptural for that matter. I reassure you that prophecy has not been fulfilled and never will be!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

At least we are in agreement about apostate "Christian" sects and movements.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian
Soz to nit pick but he did say the church, not the Catholic Church. Splitting hairs but important in this context when it comes to ridiculing quotes.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Best response I've seen in a LONG time. Well played sir.its even better because it's true. You want the truth go to your pastors. Lmao. You want to get rid of disease go to you local faith healer

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join