It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Rover anomaly. The ONLY anomaly I find of any interest on Mars....of true interest.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
What is needed is scale.

Is it the size of a marble, a basketball, or many meters in size?

A little paint, a mouth guard and lenses it could look like a movie prop, helmet that took a hit to the jaw section since it appears to be missing.

Or it could be a molten blob formed from the ejection of an impactor far away, subjected to millions of years of fine particulate erosion to softer material blobs where what looks to us as eye sockets.

I have always wanted to figure out the scale but I have NO idea how to even do such a thing especially with no frame of reference to go by. Also that kind of photo stuff is not in my area of expertise of any kind.

Do you know how to do such a thing?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

I agree that the upper part of it looks like a skull, but just because it looks like it does not mean that's what it is. So I'm going to have to side with logic, and say it's a rock.

Typical answer.

DO you ever think outside the box?

Quite often. I don't, however, automatically jump to far-fetched conclusions without evidence.

Far fetched? How is it far fetched? Just because it doesn't fit in with what mainstream society believes doesn't make it far fetched.

Also what do you deem as evidence? Do you need to see it yourself? I have seen plenty of pictures and read enough to have enough "evidence" for myself to believe this could be more than just some rock.

No, the fact that it's far-fetched makes it far-fetched. You claim it's a "statue". Ok. Then there should be signs of whatever civilization made this "statue". There should be signs of infrastructure. There should be signs of habitation nearby. There are none of those things. All there is, is something that vaguely resembles a head, in the middle of a field of rocks, on a planet that we have no evidence (yet) that even microbial life ever existed. Compared to the obvious, logical conclusion that the "object" is simply rocks that vaguely resemble something, yes, it's quite far-fetched.
edit on 6/15/2015 by AdmireTheDistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
cool find......

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Even though it's most likely to be rocks, to me it looks like the skull of the predator. ..

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: klassified
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Who knows what it really is, but it's quite symmetrical for just a plain old rock. S&F.

See my sig.

But is it really symmetrical? The bottom part (the "jowls", if you will) is certainly not symmetrical with the top part. In fact, the bottom part is an amorphous blob of rock.

The top part (the part with the "eye sockets") may be symmetrical, but honestly we can't see it all to be sure. In fact, the left eye (the one on our right) looks to have some extra non-symmetrical part on the far left of it (our right).

edit on 6/15/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Kukri

Funny you mention that, i was thinking it would make a kick ass tombstone for my grave.

I wonder if we can get it breathe fire too...

Now that is a wonderful idea!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I agree that the upper part of it looks like a skull, but just because it looks like it does not mean that's what it is. So I'm going to have to side with logic, and say it's a rock.

Typical answer.

Quite often. I don't, however, automatically jump to far-fetched conclusions without evidence.

Far fetched? How is it far fetched? Just because it doesn't fit in with what mainstream society believes doesn't make it far fetched.

Also what do you deem as evidence? Do you need to see it yourself? I have seen plenty of pictures and read enough to have enough "evidence" for myself to believe this could be more than just some rock.

No, the fact that it's far-fetched makes it far-fetched. You claim it's a "statue". Ok. Then there should be signs of whatever civilization made this "statue". There should be signs of infrastructure. There should be signs of habitation nearby. There are none of those things. All there is, is something that vaguely resembles a head, in the middle of a field of rocks, on a planet that we have no evidence (yet) that even microbial life ever existed. Compared to the obvious, logical conclusion that the "object" is simply rocks that vaguely resemble something, yes, it's quite far-fetched.

If you compare it to earth though, many times there are only tiny indications that there was a village, city, or civilization and we don't truly see anything until we dig. I would assume it is like that on Mars...and that over thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of years, most of the signs are burried...except things like this. On earth, we would dig around it and see what it is. We can't do that yet on Mars.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes, many times, but not the majority of the time. But how often on Earth has an archaeological site been found because there was a statue, with its' head perfectly exposed and protruding from the ground, but with no other obvious signs of habitation to be found, until digging was started? I'm willing to bet that's never happened.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite anomaly pics too OP. I am with Tinfoil that it would be great to know the scale. While I am in the camp it is still my eyes playing tricks on me it looks so much like a skull I have always kept this on in my folder.
S+F

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: klassified
Who knows what it really is, but it's quite symmetrical for just a plain old rock. S&F.

See my sig.

But is it really symmetrical? The bottom part (the "jowls", if you will) is certainly not symmetrical with the top part. In fact, the bottom part is an amorphous blob of rock.

The top part (the part with the "eye sockets") may be symmetrical, but honestly we can't see it all to be sure. In fact, the left eye (the one on our right) looks to have some extra non-symmetrical part on the far left of it (our right).

Now it looks like a jumbled collection of many rock like objects held together with a blackish molten mass.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Its not Egypt, its Mars.
Its a rock.

If there were three maybe four and they were identical.
Maybe if there were spears a few ray guns and a few chariots in disrepair, horse skeletons, swords. If in fact there was other evidence of life and or a battle, other things associated with life, a pyramid or two then I would get on board

Seriously its 99.9% a rock, you dont have the evidence to prove otherwise, you are assuming.
If it was in Egypt I would say it might be a something because I know there was and is life in Egypt, we have the proof, mars not so much

I find it strange that you think people who dont believe it is what you think it is are deluding themselves, because I think you are deluding yourself

and yes I could be wrong but that has to be proven

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
Its not Egypt, its Mars.
Its a rock.

If there were three maybe four and they were identical.
Maybe if there were spears a few ray guns and a few chariots in disrepair, horse skeletons, swords. If in fact there was other evidence of life and or a battle, other things associated with life, a pyramid or two then I would get on board

Seriously its 99.9% a rock, you dont have the evidence to prove otherwise, you are assuming.
If it was in Egypt I would say it might be a something because I know there was and is life in Egypt, we have the proof, mars not so much

I find it strange that you think people who dont believe it is what you think it is are deluding themselves, because I think you are deluding yourself

and yes I could be wrong but that has to be proven

But you don't know...you can't really be 99.9% sure. I'm not 99.9% sure that it is artificial. Since we don't have boots on the ground all we have are these pics to scour through and look for anomalies. That's what we're doing. It could very well be a natural rock/combination of rocks/sand...we don't know, but there is a possibility that it is something more...I think it's a good possiblity that there was life on Mars much more evolved than bacteria or such....

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Typical answer.

Do you? The ONLY thing that makes it look like a skull are the eye sockets. Take those away and you have a big lump. If it were a skull, t would have a jaw--or not, because jaws aren't physically connected by bones to the skull, so it would be easy to see why it wasn't there. But the fact is you DO have something where the jaw would be, and what IS there is a big lump of rock.

SNIP
edit on 6/15/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
SNIP

I do think outside the BOX ALL THE TIME!

I also don't call it a skull, that is what it's labeled on various sites. Call it a skull, statue or mask. IMO it looks more anomalous than anything else I've seen on here.

Also if it were a skull whose to say that being on Mars look ANYTHING LIKE HUMANS! Again, think out site the box! Not everything has to fit our belief system for it to be true.

SNIP
edit on 6/15/2015 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

nice find. What is that in between the two dark rocks on your right? does not look right. star and flag .
anyone see what im talking about

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Technically a skull is a rock, so I guess either way you are right.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

There could be a skull on Mars, it could have been in a rock that came from anywhere, including earth. I don't know if this is a skull or not, only that it looks like a skull.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
FINAL WARNING!

This tit for tat is getting out of control in these threads. Next action will be Posting Ban's.

What part of the topic is never each other don't you understand?

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Certainly an unnatural shape for a rock. What size an object are we looking at here? Anybody know?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Perhaps mars is the garden of Eden we can never go back to, because we sinned and destroyed it. Maybe we were never supposed to forget that lesson,but we are doing it all over again. Maybe noahs ark was the spaceship that brought us here. Maybe the reason so many people have back and knee problems is because we were meant to be on mars,a smaller planet with less gravity. Or, conversely, maybe not!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join