It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Death.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello.

I hope this isn't depressing but you will die.

Are you afraid to die?

I’m afraid to die because I have no faith in anything. Sometimes I think there could be a ‘god’ but I don’t believe in a ‘god’. Most days I wonder why a ‘god’ would be so very cruel.

I would hope ‘god’ would be kind.

The concept of us being alien to this planet has always intrigued me but I wonder what happens when my body dies. Do I go back to the planet or am I only an experiment to be discarded like a lab rat?

Some people believe we are only animals and when you die you just…..die. To me it’s sad to think death is the end.

What do you think?

edit on 15-6-2015 by highfromphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
I don't believe any of the multiple different 'afterlife' claims from around the world due to lack of evidence to support any of them.
I don't say any of them are bull#, just there is nothing to draw me towards believing any of the wildly conflicting myths.
For that reason I do not fear being dead.
Enjoying just being alive is far too distracting for me to worry about what happens when I die.
I'll deal with it if/when I have to.

edit on 15.6.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Nope I ain't scare of dying,because I will never die.....

Ok technically I will die,but I just won't stay dead...And when I do come back I will never die again...

Craziest part about what I just wrote is that I really do believe every single word of it...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Great attitude but sometimes I wonder more than worry.

We shall know.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache

Nope I ain't scare of dying,because I will never die.....

Ok technically I will die,but I just won't stay dead...And when I do come back I will never die again...

Craziest part about what I just wrote is that I really do believe every single word of it...

O.K.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Wondering about stuff is of course something we all do, myself included, but I don't fear being dead because I don't hold any particular beliefs about an afterlife so fearing an unknown is an irrational fear, something I don't usually do.
I fear a horrible painful death much more than my life actually ending.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

There's no need to fear, death is the most enlightening and liberating experience you will ever have.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I guess i don't worry about death as much as I wonder what happens when we die.

If only there was an answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm not any more afraid to die than I am to take a trip. It's all part of the journey. And just like a trip to a place I've never been, I'll see what it's like when I get there.

The reason death carries an ominous feeling is that no one really knows what it is. All we know is that from "this side" of things, it would appear that the body no longer houses the person, and it simply goes back to the earth. This scares us because we don't know what (if anything) happens to the essence of the person. IF something else does happen, I'll find out about it when it happens. If nothing happens, I won't care. What's to fear?

For eons, religions have used this fear of the unknown to control the way people act while we're here. I just choose to live my life until I'm not anymore.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Maybe I should elaborate lol:

I think the only way to immortality is through death.You and I can conquer death.You just have to believe you can.And I dont mean lie to yourself that you believe,but really believe with every fiber in your body that once you die,you will tell Big Daddy Reaper to go f*** itself and rush back in your body..Now it might take some time(a long time in the world of the dead but a relatively short time in the land of the living,a few days at most) and it might involve passing some trials,but once you pass them,you will become master of not just your essence but also of the vehicule that house it,your body.

Call me crazy but thats what i think will happen....to me at least.So while I am not rushing for death,I am ready to confront it anytime...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It seems we will only find out when we die, so just live your life as a balance between thinking about such things and immersing yourself in the enjoyment of being alive in the life you know you have.
I say deal with death when you have to, but don't spoil the enjoyment of life with such thoughts when you don't have to.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I do not know the specific nature of what is on the other side but low level religion like Christian and Islam that forces belief faith in their view have no clue what they are talking about from my own experience of the divine.

Faith is not need to seek higher understanding and for the other side of "the veil" to say hi. Call it higher than 3 dimensional/paranormal/spiritual/"quantum effect on bigger size than particles"/"energetic body states" or whatever "label" you want to use. To me all the labels are connected.

Pretty sure "swimming in the true ocean" is remarkable since even a drop on this side is very nice.

edit on 15-6-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

For eons, religions have used this fear of the unknown to control the way people act while we're here. I just choose to live my life until I'm not anymore.

Nice. I agree.

I'm not saying we should go out and pillage the village but we should enjoy life. I only hope I'm right. (roll the dice.)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I understand. I too wonder daily about death. Sounds obsessive doesn't it?
It was so difficult to watch my Mother die. There were indications that there was no "bright light" or "tunnel with her loved ones who had passed on before her waiting at the end". She seemed to be fighting almost until the end when there were moments of some clarity. When she finally, I think, realized there was no coming back from the physical place that she was...
She was deeply religious/spiritual so I hold hope that she is in that magical place (heaven) that she believed in but, I just don't know. I think not knowing or believing where she might be has made it so difficult for me to move on and accept/get over her death. I don't think if there's a God that he's being cruel necessarily. Things just must run their course. Plants, animals, humans, planets, stars, etc.
As crazy as it may sound, I believe (sort of) that I may have been contacted by my Father on Father's Day after his death...
I have had no such contact with her spirit or ghost or whatever...
I have also pondered her cremation. It was her choice as was Dad's. If there is a God who will gather all of the dead, how can he gather ashes that have been spread to the winds...I know, don't be naive...

Anyway, I hope if there is something after we die that our spirit goes to that is good, that she is there, but...I don't know...

I don't fear death, I just hope it doesn't come before I get some things taken care of...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I hope if there is something after life your family is there and you will find them.

Take care.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I'm not afraid to die. But I definitely don't want to.

When I finally die, I want to be 107 years old, waving an eight foot broadsword from the back of a dragon defeating my enemies.

Then Heaven, Hell, Valhalla, eternity, nothingness, whatever. . . will all be secondary.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'm not afraid to die, personally. Now, what I'm afraid of is leaving loved ones behind.

I don't believe in a religion. I was raised to be a Christian, but the way Churches make me feel, it's a really weird unpleasant feeling for me. I think it's just because I don't believe anything anyone has to say there.

I believe in a afterlife of something. I mean, I've watched how earth has evolved over the millions of years though countless hours of videos. With all the weird things that go on in the universe, I wouldn't find it hard to believe that some kind soul or inner spirit in somewhere deep within us. And yes, I also believe in aliens. I have never seen one, but it would be selfish of me to think that earth is the only screwed up planet in entire space. Like, space is huge. Billions of stars in this milky way, and we are we one them. If you have time to burn, here. www.youtube.com...

Sorry for getting somewhat off topic.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I've had plenty of experiences that tell me it is not even close to the end when one dies.

I'm actually looking forward to it when it happens, although hopefully it won't happen for a long time, but it does not scare me as I see life as an adventure and the mystery of spirit adds a little spice.

But as to what I think?
I think we go on in many ways after we pass and that it will be different for everyone depending on what their soul is meant to do.

You know, I woke up this morning with a song stuck in my head, and after listening to it, I was hit with an overpowering feeling of peace and a recharge of my spirit batteries. I needed that.
Maybe other people do to!

Spirit is calling!
All anyone has to do is pick up the phone and answer!

People get caught up in the physical, and don't spend enough time cultivating the spiritual being inside them,
but if they did, death would be nothing to worry about unless premature.

Regardless of what anyone believes or says, in the end, we all will die,
and face that great unknown. Embrace it when it comes.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can we all meet up up on ATS after life to find out who really killed Kennedy

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I don't fear death at all, it's quite comforting knowing all this crap has to end one day!

I do fear the way in which I may die though. The possibilities are endless

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join