It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Death.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Nope I ain't scare of dying,because I will never die.....
Ok technically I will die, but I just won't stay dead...
And when I do come back I will never die again...

So you're not waiting to die, but waiting to be born.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

"I'd rather be drinking beers in Valhalla with Odin than crying tears in Heaven with Jesus"

OP-
O'course I'm an atheist;I get to do neither.

You won't care about being dead because you"ll be dead.One day your atoms will be the centre of a star.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
We are far more than just our physical bodies. When our bodies die, we go on to something different, hopefully something better. There are far too many compelling stories of people who have had near death experiences, especially those of children. Millions of people from all over the world have had out of body experiences. They aren't all liars. There are also many with pre-birth memories.

Just being born is a mind blower. Why would we come into this life and one day everything just ends? I believe there are answers, but perhaps answers we won't comprehend in this life, in this physical body, but at another time when we pass on.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I’m afraid to die because I have no faith in anything.

It's the opposite for me. I found the thought of death anxiety-provoking when I was a Christian, because the concepts of heaven and God and Jesus seemed so alien to me. I found it all a bit overwhelming.

As a non-believer, it's lost a lot of its sting; I now see death as a natural part of the life cycle and not a big deal. Whichever way you slice it, you're going to be afraid when the time comes, there's no getting around that.

At the end of the day you go to sleep, and at the end of your life you die, and I think it's the same thing. It's a passive thing not to be afraid of. Of course the manner of your death might be unpleasant, but that's the pain and anxiety you experience while you're alive which causes death - not death itself.

Whether we awake to a new life or not of course no one knows; but I never worry about not waking up when I'm fast asleep.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Fear is what holds us back.......stops us from moving on, one of the reasons for so many earth bound spirits.

Fear can be a useful ... but like with anything else we take it to a sickening level where some can not think logically.

There is no reason to fear death itself. It in painless (been there done that)..... it's "HOW YOU DIE"

You should not fear death and there is no such thing as reincarnation and there is no such teachings in the bible concerning reincarnation. There is however the teaching of the resurrection which is different than reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

I don't fear death at all, it's quite comforting knowing all this crap has to end one day!

I do fear the way in which I may die though. The possibilities are endless

Same here, I don't fear all systems shutting down, but I am wary of how they shut down in the first place. Not fearful, just wary.

It's just the fear of the ultimate unknown that I think gets most people. This one is a finite unknown with no extra lives to try again, so it's really as blind a step as they come. Since I'm not attached to any religions, my only question is you know that electrical charge all living things have? What's mine going to become a part of? Lighting? Something beyond the planet? Another creature? Most people prefer a neatly wrapped package (explanation) & not a guessing game, hence religion. But the guessing game doesn't bother me any, I await it

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I want to reply with what I believe to be God's words on your statements. But I am afraid you may get upset.

If not let me know and I will post it

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
A wise man (Epicurus) once said "man fears two things. The gods and death. To the former it is silly because a god, by definition is serene and omniscient. Don't attach human emotions to it and you won't have to fear it's 'wrath'.

To the latter, that of death, it is a silly fear. All of life is sensation and perception. Death is the absence of it. So death is nothing. Then death is nothing. "

In other words whatever happens after life is nothing of life therefore you have no basis for knowledge of it. Don't worry about it.

On another note- life is immortal. As in the life force or energy that came from the sun, powers cells... Imagine the first creature (if you accept evolution) being eaten onto the next life.. The DNA code replicating and all what not. On a fundamental level life itself continues and will continue until the end of our world. Your specific conscientious will end but don't be all egotistical and butthurt about it yea?

edit on 16-6-2015 by Sillyosaurus because:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I know I'm in for a slow painful death with my condition, I just hope the morphine doesn't make me trip out like last time I had it. I was tripping and paranoid for a week last time I was put on a high dose it was like being in a metaphorical hell

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

Self is ego.

Be it constrained or out of control ... concern for one's own being/life is by instinct - paramount.

The OP poses a fair question, albeit one that none can truly answer with comforting proof.

I would like to believe the secrets of the universe will unfold to us upon death and we have an; aahhh !! moment ...

My heart is hoping - the realist in me is divided.

We are all in the same boat regardless.

Here's hoping for the best !!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I hope you are exploring as many alternatives that agree with your protocol as you can.

You are indeed one that can contribute more than most to this thread, drug induced brain function,
along with pain meds and treatments can skew things in a patient, real v anathema is subjective and still
gladly being explored.

Having said that, I think you would agree that palliative care can have psychotropic reactions.

The 'self' often induces such internal chemical reactions, as we know, yet add meds on top and it must become indistinct from the natural state.

Much more research required ... the brain is a bitch !!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely I'm exploring pain relief alternatives, but I'm now at the stage where I'm willing to die, that's not to say I'm happy about it or won't even fight it to the very end, but it's part of the natural process in life, so I've come to accept it rather than pretend it won't happen. I just want to be as pain free as possible

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Pain free wishes and universe willing - I hope you have a turn around and a speedy recovery.

I am sure most of repute on this site would back my wishes.

You are a long standing member who has put themselves out there ...

ATS is family ... our collective conscious must be of some worth !!

We are with you !!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
Are you afraid to die?

I"m afraid of the pain and uncertainty in the death process.
Of being dead itself ... NO.

I just hope the afterlife isn't run the same way this life is.
People are idiots. All of us.
And having idiots talking about me and deciding my eternity?
That would be a seriously sucky afterlife.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Are you the body or does the body appear in what you are?
All that appears is changing but that which is aware is always present.
edit on 16-6-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You know what? I like the guessing game, it keeps things interesting for me! I love to ponder all the what if's. I aren't religious or anything, but I do think there's some funny stuff going on in the universe that we just aren't meant to figure out.

If I die in my sleep (best outcome) and live life with a smile, then whatever the heck my little electric spark turns into i'd consider my life a win. Just keep the freaky deaths to the movies and far away from me please!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join