It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Nikola Tesla gain psychic ability?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slichter
Mystery solved..

saids who? you? lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: alansmms

If Tesla was a psychic, why did he cut such a bad deal with Edison? Shouldn't he have known how valuable his patents would become? What his biographer described is just epilepsy.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: alansmms
One account I heard was he got zapped and had near death experience and had a vision of past/present/future.

Marc Seifer in an interview said that I think. Seeking intelligent and serious responses. Idiotic responses would be frowned upon. Those who act like clown shall be treated as such.

Also prefer reliable references.

Also I have heard it was in the papers in the days of Tesla that he had psychic ability though he denied it. Anyone seen such exempts? Links?

That must be from the time he entered the 24th dimension and saved the world from the dreaded cabbage monsters.

You know they all kept that secret for a reason!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: occamsrazor04

just one source of cross-referencing. if anyone can prove/disprove these accounts, i appreciate it, i don;t think i have time to do extensive research on this. if anyone happened to have credible soruce like newspaper exemrpt from the period on this, that be interesting.

Quite false. JP Morgan was in Europe and decided to extend his stay. He sold his tickets to someone else. That person eventually sold them off as well.

Had nothing to do with Tesla. I challenge you to find me any quote where Morgan said anything of the sort, good luck, it's a lie.

your proof? mmmm...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

do you think smithsonian's wrong too? or those prediction were just lucky guesses eh, nothing remarkable like what mathmaticians do?

I am going to go ahead and assume you are claiming these are new "psychic predictions". So let's examine them.

1. FALSE

Cheap Energy and the Management of Natural Resources

Long before the next century dawns, systematic reforestation and the scientific management of natural resources will have made an end of all devastating droughts, forest fires, and floods. The universal utilization of water power and its long-distance transmission will supply every household with cheap power and will dispense with the necessity of burning fuel. The struggle for existence being lessened, there should be development along ideal rather than material lines.

2. FALSE

More people die or grow sick from polluted water than from coffee, tea, tobacco, and other stimulants. I myself eschew all stimulants. I also practically abstain from meat. I am convinced that within a century coffee, tea, and tobacco will be no longer in vogue.

3. FALSE

Today the most civilized countries of the world spend a maximum of their income on war and a minimum on education. The twenty-first century will reverse this order.

So basically he said a bunch of things, and some were right, most were false. Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek had far better predictions.

Nikola Tesla’s Amazing Predictions for the 21st Century

nevermind, wrong peice.

Wireless transmission of power was of particular interest to Tesla, but it's his predictions around mobile phone technology that have proved most prescient here in the early 21st century.

The idea of zipping from New York to London in just a few hours would remain a fantasy until the jet age, but we're still waiting on airplanes that "carry no fuel," as he predicted.

Tesla was way ahead of his time in so many ways. And since he and Hugo Gernsback were friends, one can draw a direct line between some of the ideas that Tesla had and the fascinating predictions that would show up in Gernsback's many tech and sci-fi magazines. One perfect example is that of the wireless newspaper:”
-paleofuture.gizmodo.com...

And lets also consider the woman thing. I ‘m not associating his predictions to reporters as examples of alleged psychic ability of certain extent.

edit on 1072015amMon, 15 Jun 2015 07:06:05 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

you didn't not explain why those points were false. what qualification do you have that makes an authority? just because you feel an idea's false is supposed to carry weight. lol.

..... There are none so blind as he who will not see.

I am convinced that within a century coffee, tea, and tobacco will be no longer in vogue.

I am a coffee and tea drinker. Those are my qualifications. Coffee and tea are becoming MORE popular, not less so.

The U.S. market for tea has more than quadrupled during the past twenty-plus years—from just under $2 billion in 1990 to just over $10 billion last year—according to the U.S. Tea Association.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Did you even read your post before you sent it? Do you not realize how foolish you look asking how I know those things are false? Did you even read it?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

just one source of cross-referencing. if anyone can prove/disprove these accounts, i appreciate it, i don;t think i have time to do extensive research on this. if anyone happened to have credible soruce like newspaper exemrpt from the period on this, that be interesting.

Quite false. JP Morgan was in Europe and decided to extend his stay. He sold his tickets to someone else. That person eventually sold them off as well.

Had nothing to do with Tesla. I challenge you to find me any quote where Morgan said anything of the sort, good luck, it's a lie.

your proof? mmmm...

do you think smithsonian's wrong too? or those prediction were just lucky guesses eh, nothing remarkable like what mathmaticians do?

Can you show me anything in your source about JP Morgan? Or are you admitting that is a lie ... but offering new predictions?

am not sure, that was as to why i asked for some proof. you know that source was just somebody's site, not really as credible as a magazine and/or newspaper.

Exactly. Which is why I said you will find no such proof, it did not happen. the fact Morgan NEVER said anything about Tesla telling him that in any interview means it did not happen.

you are still picking on that one source eh? whether that source is inaacurate or not has nothing to do with proving whether he has some level of psychic ability or not.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Tesla at about 14 (?) years of age came down with a strange disease to where he could not stand anything touching his skin and could not tolerate any light . He was basically forced to a dark room for some time. That is where he stated how he learned to put theories together in his mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: Phage

With what they make per year, does it really matter?

Psychics can be big business in Vegas, so i am gonna go ahead and venture a general yes if the large number of magicians and psychics working in vegas and the annual conferences aren't evidence enough.

You are having a laugh. Have you ever watched Derren Brown perform. He is brilliant, he will perform an act exactly as if psychic, then at the end of the show , explain how he did it !

His ability to read minds is mind blowing........but he will tell you he doesn't read minds only people !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

He always had an extremely visual brain able to re-engineer machines and devices with his mind only. When he was a young kid he imagined exactly how a water wheel would work, and as he got older he mentioned that he would always 'see' flashing lights, like he would vision how electricity works.

Psychic, no, one of a kind mind, yes.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

He always had an extremely visual brain able to re-engineer machines and devices with his mind only. When he was a young kid he imagined exactly how a water wheel would work, and as he got older he mentioned that he would always 'see' flashing lights, like he would vision how electricity works.

Psychic, no, one of a kind mind, yes.

not saying it is definitively the case. but i heard morgan coment like," whats all this stuff about you being psychic in the papaers?" did such speculation appear in the paper of the day on the matter ? and there this story about him warning friend not to board train and everyone on the train died. unless this story is absolutely false... otherwise worth looking into for mystery's sake.

that all i'm getting at.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.downtownexpress.com...

I will only post the first part of the short article... but read the rest if your interested in the Kundalini inner-light which mr. Tesla probably had that drove him batty somewhat...

Nikola Tesla’s brain

By Andrei Codrescu

Nikola Tesla was a genius inventor who designed the first alternate current motor, discovered X-rays, and pioneered wireless communication, making radio, television and the Internet possible. He was also convinced of the existence of life on other planets and planned to use the earth’s magnetic field to communicate with the aliens who often spoke to him. He also claimed to have invented a Death Ray that “could split the earth in half like an apple,” but he never produced any evidence. He was much older when he claimed that, living in a hotel in New York, feeding pigeons on the window ledge. He was heart-broken when his favorite pigeon died, and he followed not long after, penurious and neglected, much the way he started out. He had arrived in New York six decades earlier, a young Serbian engineer, without any money, but with the idea for alternate current already firmly developed in his mind. Tesla visualized his inventions in their entirety before committing them to paper, a gift given to him either by “voices,” or by an inner light that burned (quite painfully) inside him.

I first became fascinated by Tesla when he made an unexpected appearance in my novel “Messiah.” He became a major character, in fact. After I wrote that book, I kept meeting Tesla fanatics, and it now looks like the cult may be going aboveground. An opera about his life, “Violet Fire,” opened in Philadelphia this month. I saw the lovely production, and I was fascinated all over again. How did Tesla see the world? ...

I grew up hearing blurbs about Tesla being odd, likely a schizophrenic, part showman-part recluse... or else I read more into the material than was actually truly reported.... in fact I may have been trying to make my mental image of the man like myself ~ or vice versa ~

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Tesla's is geeks' Jesus.

Count on a few impressionable folks to turn the story of a smart man into a myth where he can even perform miracles.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We've all got our fingers in the socket, buddy.

The rest of our fingers are pointed at you.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

your proof? mmmm...

I think that interpreting the Smithsonian article as accurate predictions is a stretch of imaginative interpretation. lets look at them-

Long before the next century dawns, systematic reforestation and the scientific management of natural resources will have made an end of all devastating droughts, forest fires, and floods. The universal utilization of water power and its long-distance transmission will supply every household with cheap power and will dispense with the necessity of burning fuel.

are we still burning fuels for power? Coal...check, oil...check
systematic reforestation? Nope
End of droughts, fires and floods? Not even close. There are devastating wildfires every year in California. Massive flooding occurs frequently, just ask some Texans if they've been free of loods recently.
Long distance transportation of water supplying everyone with cheap power? Can I send Tesla my utility bill or ask him why I have wells on my property?

forced sterilization of criminals and other supposed undesirables would somehow purify the human race by the year 2100

How did that work out for Nazi Germany?

Hygiene, physical culture will be recognized branches of education and government. The Secretary of Hygiene or Physical Culture will be far more important in the cabinet of the President of the United States who holds office in the year 2035 than the Secretary of War. The pollution of our beaches such as exists today around New York City will seem as unthinkable to our children and grandchildren as life without plumbing seems to us. Our water supply will be far more carefully supervised, and only a lunatic will drink unsterilized water.

This is the closest one to accuracy but even still, it's not indicative of psychic powers as much as it is being aware enough of reality to understand things that we could do to better peoples lives. And honestly, on ATS I'm quite certain you will find many detractors to this in the form of detractors of water fluoridation. He's nowhere near the target though in the importance of the EPA compared to SecDef.

Today the most civilized countries of the world spend a maximum of their income on war and a minimum on education. The twenty-first century will reverse this order.

Can you honestly say this statement is remotely true currently? The trend is completely opposite of what Tesla "predicted".

It will be more glorious to fight against ignorance than to die on the field of battle. The discovery of a new scientific truth will be more important than the squabbles of diplomats.

He must've been making predictions for an alternate reality America. Just read through some ATS threads relating to science. The denial of legitimate and peer reviewed data is rampant in the US.

Even the newspapers of our own day are beginning to treat scientific discoveries and the creation of fresh philosophical concepts as news. The newspapers of the twenty-first century will give a mere ” stick ” in the back pages to accounts of crime or political controversies, but will headline on the front pages the proclamation of a new scientific hypothesis.

While science is certainly far more covered than in the past, it certainly doesn't take precedence over crimes or even more frivolous items and gets buried behind the comings and goings of reality TV miscreants.

More people die or grow sick from polluted water than from coffee, tea, tobacco, and other stimulants. I myself eschew all stimulants. I also practically abstain from meat. I am convinced that within a century coffee, tea, and tobacco will be no longer in vogue. Alcohol, however, will still be used. It is not a stimulant but a veritable elixir of life. The abolition of stimulants will not come about forcibly. It will simply be no longer fashionable to poison the system with harmful ingredients. Bernarr Macfadden has shown how it is possible to provide palatable food based upon natural products such as milk, honey, and wheat. I believe that the food which is served today in his penny restaurants will be the basis of epicurean meals in the smartest banquet halls of the twenty-first century.

There will be enough wheat and wheat products to feed the entire world, including the teeming millions of China and India, now chronically on the verge of starvation. The earth is bountiful, and where her bounty fails, nitrogen drawn from the air will refertilize her womb. I developed a process for this purpose in 1900. It was perfected fourteen years later under the stress of war by German chemists

while tobacco consumption may be dwindling, nothing else in the above statements is accurate. none of it.

While he wasn't entirely wrong about the coming work in robotics, it certainly has not overtaken the workforce by the early 21st century as he predicted.

Do you still think Tesla was a gifted psychic with superior predictive powers?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
Do you still think Tesla was a gifted psychic with superior predictive powers?

I don't think he could of predicted that the earth would be controlled by psychopaths that are against the evolution of mankind. They use their power and money to make us stupid, make us sick and leave us poor.

Before the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 no one could of predicted that the early 21st century would look like it is now because it's absurd.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
While I personally believe he was a genius, and a mind far ahead of his time, I don't personally believe he was psychic.

Do I think he had a mind that could follow a concept from inception to completion and beyond, seeing many of his creations 'down the road' so-to-speak, both good and bad.

How I wish the car he created for the world's fair was still around....

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: themediator

Oh I don't know. I think based on his experiences with men of power( Edison, Morgan) that he knew all too well what money and greed could accomplish. Hence my implication that he was an ardent student of humanity and what could potentially make every day life easier. All of his "predictions" were based on his personal perspective of the world at the time he made them. In the case of the Smithsonian article, the 1930's, which is well beyond the Federal Reserve Act. But that's not really the issue and the specifics of when he made his "predictions" isn't as pertinent as the claim of psychic powers. It makes him a pretty piss poor psychic though if his superior predictive abilities could not see the future doesn't it?
edit on 15-6-2015 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: themediator

Oh I don't know. I think based on his experiences with men of power( Edison, Morgan) that he knew all too well what money and greed could accomplish. Hence my implication that he was an ardent student of humanity and what could potentially make every day life easier. All of his "predictions" were based on his personal perspective of the world at the time he made them. In the case of the Smithsonian article, the 1930's, which is well beyond the Federal Reserve Act. But that's not really the issue and the specifics of when he made his "predictions" isn't as pertinent as the claim of psychic powers. It makes him a pretty piss poor psychic though if his superior predictive abilities could not see the future doesn't it?

That's right.

Tesla was also a very wealthy man and was a superstar scientist in his prime, he was always around the elite of the day, always in the know. His mind was always just wandering off the subjects that others would freak out about but he could care less. He was a man who wanted to better humanity, money meant nothing to him.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
He was a very high functioning schizophrenic. I read a biography on him years ago in school. His hallucinations were so vivid that he had to confirm what in his surroundings were real or simply in his mind being projected out onto the world. The guy was high genius. You can't expect a high genius who has visions/hallucinations frequently to not have abilities which are perceived by lesser minds as "psychic". Heck, I get told I'm magic on occasion and am no where near his caliber of brilliance.

This is the book: Wizard

You don't have to get far in to see he was quite psychotic.

He also had a gambling compulsion and lost his tuition over it!
edit on 15-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

your proof? mmmm...

Uh, the only thing that he predicted correctly according to that article, is that our government was going to get more bureaucratic and there is ZERO mention of specific predictions such as "the Titantic is going to sink", just generalized thoughts on societal trends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join