It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Nikola Tesla gain psychic ability?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

hey just forget it...lol.

i didn;t come seeking provocation.

i came with my question and keep getting deflected. that's just not cool.

it's like i go to mcdonalds ordering "big mac" and the cashier tells me you don't want big mad, you want" mcchicken". not only does the cashier not follow my order but tries to tell me what i should want. at that point , i would just leave and come back when the resturant is in working order.

edit on 1022015amMon, 15 Jun 2015 02:24:52 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
One theory I heard, is that he wasn't.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: alansmms
I don't eat at McDonald's.
Ever.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Thorneblood
You think that's actual "magic?"

Doesn't that depend upon the audience and their awareness of the technicalities behind illusions? Similarly with technology, that which we accept but do not understand in terms of technicalities, can be considered "magic".

Anomalous results from experimentally applied theories cannot necessarily be repeated, quantified or qualified without the presence of ALL the factors present when the anomalous or unrepeatable outcome occurred or recognition that the absence of one or more of those factors will effect results.

That's why it is better to have a lab partner I presume.

I imagine that developing theories takes one kind of brain, devising ways in which those theories can be applied takes another altogether different mode of thought, just as it takes another then to take blue prints and build from them. If that process doesn't take place, if Tesla wasn't present to repeat the experiments, if further investment didn't take place to develop a way of repeating the results, then it can only ever be a kind of "magic" that died with Tesla.

Had Tesla been able to repeat his findings in front of others, and then got others to repeat the experiment and obtain the same findings it would have been "science" but he didn't really get the opportunity to do that due to his other discoveries, such as those related to radio technologies became so valuable that his sharing approach to Marconi's use of his components led to the screwiest of screwing overs.

But no patent is truly safe, as Tesla's career demonstrates. In 1900, the Marconi Wireless Telegraph Company, Ltd. began thriving in the stock markets—due primarily to Marconi's family connections with English aristocracy. British Marconi stock soared from $3 to $22 per share and the glamorous young Italian nobleman was internationally acclaimed. Both Edison and Andrew Carnegie invested in Marconi and Edison became a consulting engineer of American Marconi. Then, on December 12, 1901, Marconi for the first time transmitted and received signals across the Atlantic Ocean.

Otis Pond, an engineer then working for Tesla, said, "Looks as if Marconi got the jump on you." Tesla replied, "Marconi is a good fellow. Let him continue. He is using seventeen of my patents."

But Tesla's calm confidence was shattered in 1904, when the U.S. Patent Office suddenly and surprisingly reversed its previous decisions and gave Marconi a patent for the invention of radio. The reasons for this have never been fully explained, but the powerful financial backing for Marconi in the United States suggests one possible explanation.

Tesla was embroiled in other problems at the time, but when Marconi won the Nobel Prize in 1911, Tesla was furious. He sued the Marconi Company for infringement in 1915, but was in no financial condition to litigate a case against a major corporation. It wasn't until 1943—a few months after Tesla's death— that the U.S. Supreme Court upheld Tesla's radio patent number 645,576. The Court had a selfish reason for doing so. The Marconi Company was suing the United States Government for use of its patents in World War I. The Court simply avoided the action by restoring the priority of Tesla's patent over Marconi.

www.pbs.org...

Since it was Marconi that were responsible for the wireless telegraph on the Titanic, perhaps Tesla wasn't psychic at all and merely had an inside scoop because he was picking up their signals and knew that they were going to scupper the "Titanic" in an insurance scam as well as a publicity stunt for the benefits of telegraph all rolled into one (that last bit probably backfired in retrospect).

All "speculation" of course, but that is what is so fun about ATS for some of us.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
"

In Philadelphia, Tesla predicting a disaster, almost by force, prevented his friend to board the train departing in the evening, and so saved his life. In reality, the train has been involved in a big accident.

Tesla convinced JP Morgan to give up his voyage on the Titanic. Morgan believed in Tesla’s intuition, listened to his advice and returned the ticket.
John Jacobs, another sponsor and friend ignored the advice of Tesla and died on the ocean liner.
A few years later Tesla predicted the exact duration of four years of the First World War and that it would have been completed by December, 18. He missed only 5-6 days. He also predicted the next twenty-year period of peace.
He sought to prevent the Second World War, but..."
www.gongoff.com...

just one source of cross-referencing. if anyone can prove/disprove these accounts, i appreciate it, i don;t think i have time to do extensive research on this. if anyone happened to have credible soruce like newspaper exemrpt from the period on this, that be interesting.

to the pessimistic and negative folks that commented so far: if you don't like the topic, you don;t have to keep commmenting, that's all, simply move on.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alansmms

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
What YouTube video or fringe website gave you the ridiculous notion that Tesla was psychic? Critical thinking: Try it.

There are things that defy scientific explanation. Critical thinking can't solve all mysteries. Try it.

It's true that Critical thinking can't solve all mysteries....Yet Uncritical thinking can't solve any mysteries!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: alansmms

if anyone can prove/disprove these accounts, i appreciate it, i don;t think i have time to do extensive research on this.
Neither do I.

if you don't like the topic, you don;t have to keep commmenting,
I like the topic. Otherwise I would not be commenting.

edit on 6/15/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bhornbuckle75

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
What YouTube video or fringe website gave you the ridiculous notion that Tesla was psychic? Critical thinking: Try it.

There are things that defy scientific explanation. Critical thinking can't solve all mysteries. Try it.

It's true that Critical thinking can't solve all mysteries....Yet Uncritical thinking can't solve any mysteries!

lol. fair enough. narrow-mindedness doesn't help either. you are cutting off ways of seeing thing which may otherwise be indespensible.

edit on 1042015amMon, 15 Jun 2015 04:09:27 -0500America/Chicago152015000000? by alansmms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

just one source of cross-referencing. if anyone can prove/disprove these accounts, i appreciate it, i don;t think i have time to do extensive research on this. if anyone happened to have credible soruce like newspaper exemrpt from the period on this, that be interesting.

Quite false. JP Morgan was in Europe and decided to extend his stay. He sold his tickets to someone else. That person eventually sold them off as well.

Had nothing to do with Tesla. I challenge you to find me any quote where Morgan said anything of the sort, good luck, it's a lie.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: occamsrazor04

Quite false. JP Morgan was in Europe and decided to extend his stay. He sold his tickets to someone else. That person eventually sold them off as well.

Had nothing to do with Tesla. I challenge you to find me any quote where Morgan said anything of the sort, good luck, it's a lie.

your proof? mmmm...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

do you think smithsonian's wrong too? or those prediction were just lucky guesses eh, nothing remarkable like what mathmaticians do?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Even with being the father of AC

What makes you think that ?

Many others had carried our work in AC Current before Tesla. Some of them even before Tesla was born.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

your proof? mmmm...

do you think smithsonian's wrong too? or those prediction were just lucky guesses eh, nothing remarkable like what mathmaticians do?

Can you show me anything in your source about JP Morgan? Or are you admitting that is a lie ... but offering new predictions?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
paleofuture.gizmodo.com...

wireless network and women rising to be superior sex.

were there any other inventor at the time that were noted for good prediction just for cross- comparision just out of curioisity?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

your proof? mmmm...

Can you show me anything in your source about JP Morgan? Or are you admitting that is a lie ... but offering new predictions?

am not sure, that was as to why i asked for some proof. you know that source was just somebody's site, not really as credible as a magazine and/or newspaper.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

your proof? mmmm...

I am going to go ahead and assume you are claiming these are new "psychic predictions". So let's examine them.

1. FALSE

Cheap Energy and the Management of Natural Resources

Long before the next century dawns, systematic reforestation and the scientific management of natural resources will have made an end of all devastating droughts, forest fires, and floods. The universal utilization of water power and its long-distance transmission will supply every household with cheap power and will dispense with the necessity of burning fuel. The struggle for existence being lessened, there should be development along ideal rather than material lines.

2. FALSE

More people die or grow sick from polluted water than from coffee, tea, tobacco, and other stimulants. I myself eschew all stimulants. I also practically abstain from meat. I am convinced that within a century coffee, tea, and tobacco will be no longer in vogue.

3. FALSE

Today the most civilized countries of the world spend a maximum of their income on war and a minimum on education. The twenty-first century will reverse this order.

So basically he said a bunch of things, and some were right, most were false. Gene Roddenberry and Star Trek had far better predictions.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

your proof? mmmm...

am not sure, that was as to why i asked for some proof. you know that source was just somebody's site, not really as credible as a magazine and/or newspaper.

Exactly. Which is why I said you will find no such proof, it did not happen. the fact Morgan NEVER said anything about Tesla telling him that in any interview means it did not happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't know why people need to give Tesla these ridiculous powers. At least you did not claim he was a vampire, that angle was already taken.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Mystery solved..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join