It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Persona Synthetics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Tomorrow night in the UK a new TV series starts. 'Humans' is set in the future where synthetic people are used as household tools and assistants. It looks great and I'm looking forward to watching it, but what are your thoughts on a future where synthetic people are commonplace?

You can watch a couple trailers here:
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

And you can visit their website here:
www.personasynthetics.com
edit on 13-6-2015 by 321Go because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Some people appear synthetic now. As if they only go through the motions , pretending to behave as they are supposed to, but inside they have no real desire for this, only selfish pursuits masked by the appearance of performing as expected.

They give lip service to properness but when actually comes time to contribute, they don't or won't. I know that sounds embittered, you'd have to meet my family or extended family.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

It's a remake of a Swedish show called Real Humans (Äkta människor).

The story is really good, but the Swedish casting was what made it, I think. I mean, the casting was really good, really really good, and so I fear for the show -- that the characters will be hard to re-imagine and it will cause the show to get canceled.

You should check out Real Humans (swedish version) if you can find it, you'll see what I mean.

Oh and idk about how common bots will become. It seems like if we can get that technologically advanced then there won't be a job left for anyone to afford one. I mean, who needs workers when you have bots?
edit on 6/13/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Get real. Why would the world ever need or want synthetic humans when they will never be required? Think about it, what are they replacing?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The Japanese are well ahead of the game:

Link in case video does not imbed:

Creepy Robot Looks Like a Human

This is straight out of one of Isaac Asimov's books!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Anadandan

"Useless eaters" who aren't 100% reliable in carrying out orders, is who they'd be replacing. I guarantee you there are many rich ones currently being served by a vast array of underlings in various capacities, who would feel much happier and more secure to be served by androids.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Thanks Bleeep, I had no idea. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Anadandan

Would they have to replace something to exist?

However, they could replace a pet for a lonely or disabled person.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The robots and/or associated feelings they may or may not posses will be the least of our future problems considering the mass unemployment they would undoubtedly produce and also the probability that you just know our beloved government are going to use them to inform on us. The show looks interesting all the same i wonder if they obey Asimov's three laws?
edit on 14-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join