It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low energy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

When my husband does weight lifting, he finds he needs more carbs than I do.....I do low carb....and he tried it but found it didn't work well.

Some food for thought.

If you are trying to lose fat, you want to minimize the carbohydrate you take in before your workout since you are training to burn fat. I suggest cutting your carbohydate-protein meal in half. Thus, your meal would contain about 25 grams of carbohydrate and 14 to 15 grams of protein.

And, of course, you should make sure you are always well hydrated. Drink 2 cups (473 milliliters) of fluid within two hours of working out and another cup (237 milliliters) 15 minutes before exercise. Following this pattern will ensure that you gain the greatest energy advantage from your preexercise meal without feeling full while you exercise.

www.humankinetics.com...

and this raises some good points
lowcarbdiets.about.com...

This may or may not apply...it is for power lifting dudes.
www.bodybuilding.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Hey fellow low carber

Thank you, I think am gonna have to test this, and stop going on how my body used to react. up my carb level slightly before a work out, see how that affects anything. I just never had this problem before so I need to re evaluate, see how things go tomorrow.

Thanks for the links, i'll check those out tonight.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Good luck!!!!
I truly hope that helps

My big problem is low carb is boring to me after awhile....and I crave....certain carbs......good bread.....potato chips.....

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

There's some good info there, maybe fat is my problem, if protein is not a good energy source, makes sense to me! gonna have to dabble with that!

Totally with you, it's very boring, and a burger without a brioche bun just will never compete, doesn't even feel like a burger. Don't even get me started on mashed potato

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

One way I get around that carb craving is with cheese.....melted on broccoli, chicken.....
a burger with grilled onions and melted cheese

I also have cravings late at night.....I think we eat dinner too early......but it is what it is !!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Broccoli is one of the only vegetables I can stomach, that sounds nice!

I used to snack on pickled onions to take the cravings off but they stalled me am sure so had to cut back.

Me too, I keep pepperami sticks in for that purpose, great late night snack those things.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Now, that is a good idea, those pepperoni stick...thanks.
I tries nuts....but too many carbs.....and too many nuts.

IN the fall, I also roast a cut up head of cauliflower...with EEVO, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
I can see that with melted cheese as well......

I'm feeling a bit more enthused now...maybe I can eat cleaner for a week or so.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I've overdone it on the almonds once or twice, so bloody tasty!

I've never tried cauliflower, am a bit of a veg phobic, that's the reason I take multivitamins, I see where you're going with that though, add some crispy bacon bits ... looking good in my head.

Can be a lonely world this dieting lark, a spark of motivation is always good.

I've been wanting to make low carb chilli, which I love, but it's just too hot right now, so am getting extra bored and lacking in the creativity department when it comes to my meals, feels like a chore, I hate that.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Well, but I need the fiber....so....

And, yeah, boring is the word.
Especially in summer when you don't want to heat up the house with the oven.

We should do a thread in the cooking section.....keep up with this ...and maybe inspire each other and many get a few more to join in the talk??

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Ahh I see, yeah same problem here.

It is, summer is a pain in the .... this diet comes alive in the winter though, all you need is a crock pot and some imagination.

Yes, I'm up for that, low carb support club, motivation and recipes, or just a place to moan

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

(post by john23atsyncmed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by tracyg removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tracyg

Thanks,

I have pretty good airflow in my home, sweeps right through, and I don't live in a built up area, lots and lots of open space around me, so it's not crappy air either. I will take your suggestion on board though, not gonna totally dismiss it.

Onto an update, I'm still there, took a week off training to see if a bit of rest helped, it didn't, upped my carbs (ie I haven't been counting) started a creatine cycle again, and all I've got from that at the moment is a bloated tummy and face
frigging hamster chops.
I have been feeling down so much lately, and this has affected me more than anything, it's really strange, this of course is coupled with my already low energy, not the total cause am sure.
I need to get back to my low carbs and if my head lets me, find some Positivity! I can't let this spiral again, pretty sick of it all at the moment.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I would get rid of all those vitamins and whatever none of them work vitamin D and magnesium will cancel each other out If you take them within 2 hours of each other,

Iodine is an amazing energy booster start on one drop (6mg) in the morning after food 3 days on 1 day off do that for a couple of weeks then take in the evening as well then gradually increase your drops upto 50 mg a day is safe for most people, always listen to your body if you are taking too much then stop taking it. you will also need to take selenium and tyrosine to boost uptake of Iodine.
also juice one lemon and/or lime scrape the peel off but leave the bioflavanoid (unless you can pick ones grown on a tree always wash the skins with a drop of 35% Hydrogen peroxide in the sink on all your fruit and veggies) also drink distilled water not the crap they put in the tap or spring water stinging nettles aloe vera are superfoods and give you all the nutrients you need scrape the yellow film off the aloe ad just consume the gel.
I could go on we are all short of sulphur and boron these do so many things in your body and are targeted by the pharmaceutical industry to be taken out of our diet to ensure the population stay ill.

yet you will get all the pharmaceutical bots come on here and tell you that you should only take 150mcg of Iodine but this is rubbish and is only a minimum amount to prevent goiter and hypothyroidism well that's working out well seeing 20 million americans have thyroid troubles,

check out my amazing herbalist thread to get a load of really smart tips on everything health www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-8-2015 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join