It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low energy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Lately I seem to experience this a lot, in fact every time I work out (weights) I am shattered 2 or 3 exercises in, and I have to power through the rest of my routine by sheer will it often seems.
We're not talking about the general tiredness you get after such a thing either.

I do follow a low carb diet right now, consume around 35-40g carbs a day at this point, take multivitamin, along with omega 3, magnesium complex, zinc and high strength vitamin D3 gel capsules, am I missing something that could help?

Has anyone else had energy problems? what did you do? what was your diet?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Forget all that....when was the last time you saw a Dr? Had a full blood work up?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

January, everything was fine!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Do you drink coffee? Try giving it up for a bit.
Caffeine depletes my energy. Correction, it destroys it. I love coffee, but after the initial boost, I go into a slump that makes me feel like I've got heavy weights strapped to my legs. I can hardly move! I can literally lie down on the floor wherever I'm at and just lie there, almost literally unable to move! So I stopped consuming it.

It happens about 1.5- 2 hours after I've ingested the caffeine.
Some people thrive on it.
One person's tonic = another person's toxin!

edit on 13-6-2015 by ColeYounger because: Reprehensible spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I can't stand coffee, never touch the stuff!

I am the same with caffeine though, pretty sensitive to it and it always makes me crash!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I've had energy problems when I was doing too much. Also when doing only weight lifting. I don't know why exactly, but doing more aerobic exercises before resistance training gets my energy up both in immediate and long term ways.
But not too much at first, being very gradual- like twenty minutes on the treadmill, rowing machine, or elliptical trainer, really warms up my muscles and gets my blood flowing. Even when I am very tired, like after work, it picks me up.

I also find caffeine to kill my energy levels, and high protein intake a must!

To each his own- just thought I'd throw that out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You left out how much liquids you consume? Dehydration will sap your strength.

Are your lips dry, your eyes "itchy', do you have headaches? Is your urine dark colored?

How much water should you drink?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It's the low carbs.Try a day of high carbs(sweet potato)once a week...About 400-500g.

Or just wait until your body adjusts.Don't forget to replace the missing calories with protein or fat.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have the same problem. I can't focus and I have absolutely no energy whatsoever. I recently have been studying the effects of some supplements known as Noopept and Aniracetam, I think that one of those is sold in Russia only as a Rx and was even used by cosmonauts to keep them awake during long missions, but it could be something similar. People have had some amazing results with some of these compounds. In the US it is still an unscheduled supplement. I just ordered it so it should be here in a couple days, I will let you know how it works out.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

You're right I used to find this also, gets the blood pumping. Still it has just dropped off for me lately though and am doing nothing different.

I usually spend 10 minutes doing light hook and jab pad work to get the blood flowing. along with stretches etc.

a reply to: intrptr

I drink about 4 litres of water a day, along with a couple cans of diet/zero pop, I used to think this was the problem myself, but it hasn't changed a thing since I upped it. I do get a bit of dry skin though, and cracked lips this week.

a reply to: Ericthedoubter

In the past I used to be full of energy after the initial adjustment period of low carb, just doesn't seem that way anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It could be a Vitamin B12 deficiency-I've been told that is linked to lethargy.

As for the multivitamins they are only effective if you are malnourished. Try eating some bananas-they are a good source of the B's and potassium.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am one of those people who just can't go on the keto diet. No matter how long I stay on it, my body just never fully adapts and I always feel fuzzy in the brain and get fatigued whenever I do too much physical stuff. I can reduce my carbs, but I just need a certain amount throughout the day. I just try to stay away from the real starchy stuff and concentrate on whole grains, with plenty of vegetables and moderate amounts of fruit. That seems to work much better for me.

Maybe you're one of those people too?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I drink about 4 litres of water a day, along with a couple cans of diet/zero pop, I used to think this was the problem myself, but it hasn't changed a thing since I upped it.

Ah...that explains a lot.

When you work out H20 is not all you need, you also need sodium. If you get cramps or feel hungry after a work out it's probably your body's' way of telling you that you need more sodium. Drinking plenty of water doesn't always replenish the sodium you need, maybe a light snack could help with the lethargy.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Ok I think I know what the problem is.

I had similar problem.

You are missing Iodine, the best one is nascent but you CAN go for cheap regular iodine as long as you are very careful not to overdose.

Nascent you can take few drops every few days.

Regular iodine few drops every 10 days. I take about 15 drops every 25 days.

You can also buy MACA Peruvian root extract. Healthy stuff, will turn you into a horse.

Athletes who take drug injections are sad, all you need is MACA, do your research,

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Aaaaaaaah!Don't drink "diet" ANYTHING!That stuff is EVIL.

Avoid white sugar,grains and sweeteners,it's all un-usable junk.Please.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Me too...just don't seem to get anywhere on it.I smell of garlic after a week,too.

I'm trying something new now-after having tried to force my body into a six-pack format for nearly thirty years,I'm now going to eat like a pig.5000 calories a day.To hell with it.If nothing else works,it's my last resort.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Great. Good to know your health conscious. I myself have a new full fitness club (including rock wall climbing)...and I'm on that quest as you! Let me know what's working for you, and what isn't (doesn't).
Thanks!

MS
EMT
Advanced Life Support

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The issue is the "couple cans of diet/Zero pop.." If it is The Coca-Cola™ brand Zero then start consuming ZERO of this 'snip' (read: crap) Replace it with water. If You're out of doors, even if You are not, but especially if You are or will be, apply coconut oil. Are You perspiring during Your work-out? Then the coconut oil will keep that water with You cutting down on the likelihood of getting even more de-hydrated.

How do Your batteries run when they are low on water? "Great" • "Good" • "Okay" • "Awful" • "Screw it I'll watch t.v." The human is 70 % water below the neck and 80% above it, We ARE water..

Heck even the Tao Te Ching tells Us to be more like water...

There is some research that the "average" ( I never figured out how they figured out what "average" was..) consumer of soda pop put on 16-20 pounds a year of unwanted/unneeded fat. The "diet/lite" puts on 12-14 pounds..

Stay HYDRATED My Friend...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

How intense is your workout?
How many grams of protein do you average?
Same for fat grams?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thecakeisalie

I eat a lot off eggs and red meat, so I don't think it would be a b12 problem, and shamefully I over salt everything, it's quite ridiculous to be honest, am just used to it! but with the amount I drink and persperate (during workouts) I may have to do a double check, to be sure.

kaylaluv

it's not for everyone you're spot on, some of my family members had the same experience as you, just made no sense to carry it on.

I have been dieting ever since I knew what the bloody word meant, and I have to say I always got the best results doing low carb, and at times felt great on it! but I am not far off 30 now
and reading your post got me thinking, is this for me anymore? if things carry on and I don't adjust accordingly, maybe the answer is a no!

RubberSky

I'll be honest, I know nothing of iodine, am gonna have to look this one up, but thanks for that.

love your name btw

mysterioustranger

Thank you, I will update if I find something, really hoping it's just the crap year i've had and my body is just taking a bit more time to adjust.

JimNasium

I know I have to get rid of the pop, it's one of my only vices, don't drink alcohol or do much else naughty, but pop is my little devil unfortunately. I just try and think it can't have much off an effect since I limited it.

I persperate a lot when am working out, and if I don't have enough fluid in a day I really know about it, the headaches are strong in this one!

Thanks Jim

DontTreadOnMe

Right now am training 3x a week with i'd say moderate intensity, I've definitely gone harder before and had more energy even.

150g a day average protein, and I've never made it a thing to count my fat grams, so am unaware to be honest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join