It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Programmers...Could it be done in 6 Days if Virtual Reality?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yea. Not a lot of information. I'll have to look around.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It's a silly question. Really, it is. We don't know the capabilities of aliens, and you're trying to ask unknowing humans what a supposed god is or is not capable of.

I have to answer, N/A for not applicable. It simply doesn't compute. Too many unknowns to speculate with anything other than a buttscratch, burp, and murmuring.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I would be happy if mikegrouchy could define "VR-programming".
And I bet the outcome would touch the definition of current OOP.
Telling everyone who knows, you do not know what you speak off.

a reply to: FormOfTheLord
You are so wrong on so many levels it´s funny.
Does 2D recognize 3D? NO
Does a base-2 system recognize base-3? NO
Would a base-3 system recognize/be able to simulate base-2? YES

So if you say the universe is binary and simulated on quantuum machines (who would be base-3) while ignoring known quantuum effects and their base-3 behavior, chances, according to the simulated universe "theory" and the probability of living in a simulation tells us the probability for the system being base-2 is unlikely if not prohibited by the statement itself.

(Note: Unlike you, I do not use absolutes, like your last sentence. Care to elaborate on that?)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

In this Universe, something can either exist or not exist. That is the foundation that this reality is built upon, and it happens to be base-2.

All complexities, all intricacies, all the knowns and unknowns can be formed from this simple fact.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
It's a silly question. Really, it is. We don't know the capabilities of aliens, and you're trying to ask unknowing humans what a supposed god is or is not capable of.

I have to answer, N/A for not applicable. It simply doesn't compute. Too many unknowns to speculate with anything other than a buttscratch, burp, and murmuring.

Ok and I don't understand the tech answers anyway. I am still finding all the responses very interesting thanks for yours.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

This does not garant being executed on a base-2 system was my point. If we consider the universe simulated.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's been 8 pages and people still haven't figured out that V.R. and Programming were just metaphors for playing God and creating your own universe?

I just gotta know, was it the Creationism forum that fooled you?

The biblical scriptures? The metaphysical themes?

edit on 15-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Since you are in the "realm of the creator" you can imagine everything you want. Suggestion, if you add a joint, you can talk direcly and ask him...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cicciokingo1

Update to Trascendental Mod v 1.7

Added - Ayahuasca

edit on 15-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Added - Ayahuasca

any entity that fancies itself as a "superior" (the definition of transcendent) is far too pretentious to actually be an update. i suspect an immediate application of antivirus software may be needed.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tzarchasm

Yea that Buddha is one pretentious bastard, look at him just sitting there smiling like he has inner peace or something. Let's wipe him out cause he thinks he's better than us.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Added - Ayahuasca

Ahhh yes, the biochemical basis of God's speech. Psilocin too (metabolized form of psilocybin from magic mushrooms), nearly identical structurally to DiMethylTryptamine.

Makes sense though. whoever made us, made nature. why not put stuff here to help us when we're lost? Let's call them cheat codes.
edit on 15-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Hebrew word that was translated to "days" is Yom. Yom relates to the concept of time. Yom is not just for a day, but for time in general. How yom is translated depends on the context of its use. For example, Yom can mean epochs or eras. As a Christian, I do not believe the Earth was created in 6 literal days.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VVV88
The Hebrew word that was translated to "days" is Yom. Yom relates to the concept of time. Yom is not just for a day, but for time in general. How yom is translated depends on the context of its use. For example, Yom can mean epochs or eras. As a Christian, I do not believe the Earth was created in 6 literal days.

It does say it was day and night and a second day etc.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

How can this be a metaphor? Are you kidding?? It´s ok if you´re on his defence but keep it logic ok?
The OP wrote he wants answers from someone who is into VR-programming.
-> Then, several "programmers" write their opinion in the thread.
OP is not satisfied with Krazyshots answer, wants some information from someone who REALY was into VR programming
-> Shows he has no idea of how "VR-programming" would be done.
I asked him to define VR-programming and said I bet his answers look like the description of current OOP

No you come and say I "don´t get it" because its all a metaphor.
BIGGEST FACEPALM EVER

edit on 16-6-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If the base rules of a simulation were in place, then all they would need is the seed values to let it run.

So yep it could be done.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Absolutely! I've also found that you need to start it up using 7 days, and other biblical numbers, to achieve the archetypes and traits of humans/the planet/everything and create a "randomness" similar to earths! It's really mesmerizing once you get there!
edit on 16-6-2015 by pixygon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pixygon
Where did you find that can you share with us please?

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: korg trinity
If the base rules of a simulation were in place, then all they would need is the seed values to let it run.

So yep it could be done.

Thanks, I have been thinking about if humans were to create a VR program to run cave men types days. I think we would try to leave them in the squalor they lived in and not out of compassion make their lives better. There would have to be a limit to their space even though you would not want them to find that limit.

Looking at ourselves from this point of view is really interesting, a sense of free will and yes we would have free will but only within the context of the program and its perimeters.

The reading about a perfect pattern which was originally used and can be used again, has sparked my thinking and I can't stop thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy
The lesson learned is that any code included in the game _will_ be found. The industry began by restructuring the way some code worked. But these days they are just doing more and more server side only computing (hence the rise in games that _have_ to be online to work). The user base cannot hack what isn't there. They can only feel the effects.

Mike Grouchy

This is not entirely wrong but in some way.

Just one technique involved would be code injection. Or false parameters. Your client still has to send some values and those can be manipulated. Many hacks like teleportation or speedhacks use this techniques. Do not get me wrong I hate onlinecheaters/-hackers it´s only the way they do it that´s interessting and sometimes genius.

The second thing is, the decision to move vast parts of code to servers was based on the insight that you cannot run a copy of the game to play when you need metadata from the server. This "problem" was solved very quickly by crackers like they did with Anno1404 back then.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join