It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Challenger in 1986 shortly after launch. Columbia in 2003 shortly after re-entry.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm gonna throw this question out here and analyze the results of those who participate. Please be patient with me as i work 2nd shift, so I may not be able to get back to you until tomorrow morning.

If you are one of the people that remember Mandela die, could you please explain the details of what you remember. For example how he died, what was his funeral was like, who attended his funeral, any detail you can remember would be very helpful. I'm not that concerned of the date but you could add that as well.

Please respond as honestly as possible, your answers will be a important piece of the puzzle.

Thank you to all those who participate.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hope this isn't a double post. I hit wrong button typing on my phone. Lol. Anyway I'm 40 yo and I VIVIDLY remember the books being Bernstein Bears. I know because I didn't own any of the books but loved reading them at the doctors and dentists offices and at school. I also remember as a kid Mandela dying. I didn't know what the big deal was that everyone was making because being a kid I didn't really know anything about him or who he was at the time. I only remember the challenger explosion and Columbia burning up on rentry. As far as Australia I remember it being in the middle of nowhere but more important I remember New Zealand being to the north western side not south east?! We studied Australia/Zealand for a whole qtr and even drew maps in school of it. I constantly have dejavu moments...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

What I remember is being home-schooled, having finished my assignments, and sitting down watching TV as my mom folded clothes. We were watching daytime TV, about 4 o'clock in the afternoon, sunny day. It was early summer.
I think she had just finished watching Oprah as per usual, and it was a dramatic episode with 5 people being
interviewed on stage... Can't remember what about though.
Then a breaking news snippet came on, saying something like "Word comes from African authorities that dignitary Nelson Mandela has passed away." My mom looked at me and got this weird look on her face. I said, "I thought he was already dead."
She looked a little disenchanted with me and said, "I don't know."
We continued watching TV... I was too young to really understand his role in society,
so the day just continued as usual.

..The year is uncertain, but it would've been between '98 and '01,
because my parents were still together.

edit on 16-6-2015 by LAkadian because: fixing the time frame

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Yes you are correct.

I don't remember if I saw it LIVE or not, but here's what went down:
First tower was smoking, then the plane hit the second tower, and they cut to that.
They replayed footage of the second plane hitting OVER and OVER, so that's probably why people think they remember the
first plane hitting.

In reality, there was no footage of the FIRST plane hitting until later...
because it was not official news footage, and had to be obtained from citizens who happened to catch it on camera.
It took a while to get to the media and go public.

I know they let us out of school early (as soon as the school administrators heard about terrorism, they sent us all home and cancelled school because they were all still up in arms about Columbine). I got home from school before lunch, and I saw footage of the first tower smoking.
I mostly remember Brian Williams' face so, NBC was probably leading the story.
edit on 16-6-2015 by LAkadian because: including additional info

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian
Thank you for your reply. Here's another question for you, when you where younger did you ever have a feeling or dream that your life was different. Not necessarily better or worse but just different?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Aye. As a kid I used to joke about being an alien. I used to say "One day they'll come back for me."
I still make that "Joke" now and then.

But why did you ask?

edit on 16-6-2015 by LAkadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian
I've been putting this puzzle together on and off for a couple years now, and around 80% of people who remember the past differently answer yes to that question. They usually cant say exactly what is different but feel deep inside that there life has been altered. Oddly enough though there are many people that completely dismiss this notion and put it out of there mind almost instantly after I ask them questions and present proof. These cases are the most interesting to me. But there is a link between to two groups a certain genetic predisposition, or lack of it in one group. I will get into that when I start my thread in this subject.

Thank you for your replies and you know the truth deep inside

edit on 6/17/2015 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/17/2015 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i have a question - its going to offend some folk - but what the heck :

at what point are you going to admit that your memories are imperfect ,your knowledge incomplete - and you are sometimes wrong ?

because while it may be currently popular to deny any failings on your part and invent ad-hoc fantasies to account for them

there is of course the Reductio ab absudium extrapolation where-in :

the people of great britain speak - british

there is a bidge from england to france

iraq is in ` south europe `

and africa is the largest country in south america

source

just man up and admit you are sometimes wrong - its not hard

or do you really want to go al the way and accept every special snowflake is really right " in some alternate reality "

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm another one from the 'stein' camp. To discover it is now 'stain', blows my mind!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
It is more than just different memories. I would not be spending all my free time on this subject if it were that simple. I have a full time job, wife and son. So my very little free time is important.

And like I said I find people with your mind set the most interesting. Is it a coincidence or just ironic you made your user name ignorant? You are in the 20% field that seems to just chalk up 100s of examples of things in our reality that have changed to bad memories, and some are false memories there is no denying that, but most are not.

I hope that answers your question to an extent. But I know it dosent and I know your mind cant except the possibility that our time line has and is being constantly altered.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

edit on 6/17/2015 by 772STi because: double

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
It is a very interesting phenomena. I have a theory that we heard the pronunciation as "stein" before we ever heard it as "stain" and simply became mind blind to it... just accepting it as "stein" until the difference got pointed out, and our mind stop short cutting over it and actually saw it. I personally, would have sworn it was "stein" myself as that's how I always heard it pronounced.

Here's another example of the filter phenomena:

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervy lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Funny I read the first paragraph and was going to respond in words without vowels and seen your mind was in a similar direction.

Wh rlly nds vwls nywy.

I was going to do that myself in the beginning, then decided it may have been too confusing a point.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The anomolies are anything but random. There may be some sort of 'paradigm shift' in our universe (into an alternate reality?) where the 90 degree turn is not exact so a few binaries get switches here and there.

But it in the STEIN instance its uncanny. Just look at the underlying meaning of the word, then the replacement word. In whatever language its from. And apply it to today's newsworthy events/conspiracies!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I remember the spelling being Bernstain, because I was always a really good speller, and I always thought that it just isn't right to pronounce it 'stein' as everyone did when it is spelled 'stain'. The word colonel always bugged me too because there is no 'r' in that word, so why in the heck do is it pronounced 'kernel'. Also, the word pretzel is pronounced 'prentzel' by some people and I only starting hearing it said that way when I moved here to New York. Maybe it's just a northern thing.

But there are other 'glitches' or false memories that I do have that are tough to explain. Like remembering my childhood home having a carport and playing in there, storing our bikes in there and lawnmower. It was attached to the right side of the house. When I drove past the old house last year, no carport and almost none of the houses on that block had them. That one is still bugging me!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
I remember the spelling being Bernstain

i remember it being (The) Berenstein (Bears).

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Lol. You see how I just spelled Berenstain "Bernstain" instead. I guess that is proof that pronounciation affects spelling. That entire name is spelled in an odd way!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

With regard to the great Mandela: what I remember vividly was that he was not sentenced to prison on Robben Island but rather was executed. (And I recall it being Robbins Island and not Robben Island.) Also, I recall there were riots and a bloodletting in South Africa unlike anything that had happened in my life. There was no public funeral permitted, and then attention shifted to the prospect of World War III between the USSR and the USA & UK coalition. That is what I remember rather vividly.

My theory is that there must be multiple timelines that run parallel to each other. At some point a timeline ceases to exist and merges with a more successful timeline.

As I recall that time period of the great martyr Mandela's execution (that few recall... I believe the US radio broadcaster Art Bell is one of us) ... it seemed that at any minute the world was going to end in nuclear war. Sometimes I think that is what happened, and with no one left alive to observe it that timeline blinked out and our non-local consciences migrated to another more stable timeline where we were also present.

Perhaps some of us have an allele or some bit of DNA code that allows for temporal recall from extinguished timelines.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
thats also an intriguing possibilty! nothing's purely random and STEIN stands out! especially as applicable to the past decade and change.. i mean, what is the single most eventful disaster discussed on the web in the past decade or so?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
imagine my surprise when i found out this week that Gene Wilder is still alive.
i have a memory that tells me he died years ago..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join