It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm sure we're all familiar with the stories about how the Berenstein (Barenstain) bears are remembered as something different. And we all remember the different stories about how people that claim that Australia is in the wrong place on the globes and maps.

I just had a personal experience involving this phenomenon. It is in regard to an ATS member that will remain unnamed unless they post in this thread and acknowledge the question I asked them. I won't mention the username unless I obtain their permission or they post in this thread.

In essence, I started this thread so that people could describe and share their experiences with the "Mandela Effect".

Please, share your experiences or thoughts regarding this effect and its implications.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
To expand, I just wanted to elaborate on a few beliefs that I have:

I firmly believe that it was Berenstein Bears.

I firmly am of the belief that Australia was out in the middle of nowhere with no land anywhere remotely near.

This is either just another lapse in space time, or a lapse in the matrix.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Or, you know, memory.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot
Or, you know, memory.

Possibly. But this effect is widely known.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

On both points, that is what I remember too.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I'm sure we're all familiar with the stories about how the Berenstein (Barenstain) bears are remembered as something different. And we all remember the different stories about how people that claim that Australia is in the wrong place on the globes and maps.

I just had a personal experience involving this phenomenon. It is in regard to an ATS member that will remain unnamed unless they post in this thread and acknowledge the question I asked them. I won't mention the username unless I obtain their permission or they post in this thread.

In essence, I started this thread so that people could describe and share their experiences with the "Mandela Effect".

Please, share your experiences or thoughts regarding this effect and its implications.

What exactly are you one about? Berenstein bears - the books? Mandela effect, never heard of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Mandela Effect

Hopefully that will help explain some stuff.

Essentially, it boils down to some people merging with this time period, from other time periods. Kind of like a merging of multi-verses.

edit on 6/11/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

So the Mandela Effect is similar to how Back to the Future showed Marty disintegrating from a photograph once his parents grew closer apart due to his interference, correct? Because I still have at least 10 Berenstain Bears books from my youth and I have checked them thoroughly when this presumption came about, and they all read Berenstain. however I do remember pronouncing it along with my mother the "Stein" way. So with a merging of timelines my books would have had to change while sitting in a box? I personally think that the confusion with the names on the books came from how it was written on the books, in cursive.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

What you remember from your timeline could be entirely different from what others remember.

Hence the effect itself. While physical manifestations could be altered, memory, for some, isn't.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I had a new one. I was watching rainman and I remember a scene where Tom cruise gets mad and punches Dustin Hoffman in the face and it didn't happen. My husband remembers this too but I have looked it up and haven't found anything about it. I was sure it was in the scene where he first gets him and is having sex with a chick in a motel room and he just walks in like nothing is happening. I thought maybe they edited it to be more pc but I found nothing about it. Soo if anyone else remembers this let me know. I did have berenstein Bears books, Nelson Mandela died a long time ago and many other things.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I wonder if when we dream, we somehow open the door between dimensions that allow us to travel in-between realities without conscious effort. Could your timeline be the same as mine? Who knows!

We could have all left everything we've known behind and had it replaced by an alternate REALITY.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I have kind of a creepy one. It was several years ago, I was watching a lot of news at the time. There was a geopolitical argument going on between big powers about the placement of US defense assets. I don't want to go into it more, lest I sound like this post is some kind of commentary when I'm not. Anyway, weird stuff started to happen. There was issues with technical things, weird stuff happening with bank access, issues with power. On the news channels, the satellite feeds kept blacking out, and there were distortions to the signal from some kind of interference. It was like large scale cyber attacks were going on behind the scenes. All the sudden the tone on CNN changed, they stopped trying to make small things scary and started taking on this really reassuring, "everything is okay" tone, focusing on celebrity gossip and the like. Civil defense warning system started multiple tests.

The night it happened, I was going to sleep. It would have been between midnight and 2pm US pacific time. I thought I saw a flash outside my window, and my printer went crazy, beeping and making noises. I got up and unplugged it, and looked at my cell for the time, but my cell was totally messed up, weird symbols flashing on the screen. I laid down again and closed my eyes, when the second flash came. It was bright, I mean bright with my eyes closed, blinds drawn, inside my house. It lasted briefly, when I opened my eyes, it was like things in my room were dimming, as if they had fluoresced. There was an orange light coming through my window.

I went to the window to look, and it was like this black wave washed over me. I felt like I was standing in several different locations, all around the room. When I converged into one location, I looked out my window and it was quiet and dark, a normal night. I eventually went to sleep.

The next day, everything was normal, but there was no mention of any of the geopolitical tensions in the news, and there was a tree in front yard, where there didn't used to be a tree, I swear. I just wrote it all off as my mind being crazy, until a few things came out that were off, the Berenstein bears becoming the Berenstain bears was one of them.

It made me reconsider the whole thing. Did I (and probably a whole lot of other people) die in some kind of nuclear attack? Its a weird thing to ponder.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
It is a very interesting phenomena. I have a theory that we heard the pronunciation as "stein" before we ever heard it as "stain" and simply became mind blind to it... just accepting it as "stein" until the difference got pointed out, and our mind stop short cutting over it and actually saw it. I personally, would have sworn it was "stein" myself as that's how I always heard it pronounced.

This same phenomena, is what causes people taught to read using phonics to have issues with spelling. Hearing and seeing words can be very dissimilar. For example... if you never saw this word: Colonel would you think it was pronounced Kernel? If you only heard it spoken as it sounds: Kernel, would you attempt to start spelling it like it was a colonist of the new world colonial? Which happens to be how many people try to pronounce colonel having never seen it before...

Sounds silly... but our mind does a lot of filtering. Not to mention the Berenstain Bears books never said their last name in it... it was just on the cover, making it's occurrence even easier to pass right on by with our filter.

Here's another example of the filter phenomena:

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervy lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well then..... WELCOME!

Immigrants from another reality....or tourists?
I wonder how often these trips actually happen?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I remember the Berenstein Bears too but maybe it was a like BigBrotherDarkness said my mind mixed it up. There are other things I remember that happened but now they have changed. For example Tiananmen square Tank man. I remember watching tv with my mom and seeing this man run over by the tank. My mom jumps in font of the tv and turns it off!! I remember that because I was very young and it broke my heart!! But when you read about the Tank man it says he was pulled out of the way???

I thought it was New Zealand that was in a different place. I had a puzzle when I was very young that had New Zealand in a different place.

I have also had instances of time shifts right in front of my face and very disconcerting at first. I know that is hard to comprehend but after meditation you start to become aware of just how flexible reality really is. I just hope I am shifting to a better future!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: EternalSolace

What exactly are you one about? Berenstein bears - the books? Mandela effect, never heard of it.

Yep, Berenstein Bears. Except, it's actually Berenstain (with an 'a') yet tons of people, including myself, remember with an 'e' to the point where it just looks so very strange to see it written Berenstain. It's uncanny really.

Funny thing, the copyright lawyer for the Bears franchise spells it incorrectly on his website. Ironic, huh?
Jonathan D Reichman Attorney at Law
(Near the end of the 2nd Paragraph)

Threads on Reddit and ATS and other sites, all discussing the spelling are referenced in this article: The Wood between Worlds
It's fascinating to read the comments at the end, of people with specific reasons WHY they feel they KNOW it was BerenstEin. Have fun in the rabbit hole, lol...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rememberthetrees

What about the movie "Interview With a Vampire"

Except it's not. It's "Interview With The Vampire"

That doesn't even sound right!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

I do believe in alternative realities/timelines. It is weird however, when one thinks of the implications of Australia being out of place for example. How would that work in that reality given that it would totally contradict the evolution of the continents and the tectonic plates of our World. It simply wouldn't make sense.

I actually wonder about these questions quite a lot. It can be maddening.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I've pointed out in previous threads how terrible our memories actually are, but it usually gets mostly ignored. This will probably get mostly ignored as well, but what can you do.

www.psychologytoday.com...

What we remember changes each time we recall the event. The slightly changed memory is now embedded as “real,” only to be reconstructed with the next recall.

One implication of Schiller’s work is that memory isn’t like a file in our brain but more like a story that is edited every time we tell it. To each re-telling there are attached emotional details. So when the story is altered feelings are also reshaped.

This video is a fun watch as well.

www.history.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
A way to look at the Mandela Effect phenomena and Quantum level Synchronicity phenomena like the 11:11 phenomena:

On a quantum level you can have energy that is both exist and exists on two places. When you collapse the uncertainty the energy have to choose one place over the other and can no longer be on both (and both be and not be there).

To fix all paradoxes the universe must choose one certainty over 2 options when uncertainty collapses and you can get a glitch where the information for some parts can no longer follow the normal cause and effect to a 100% and therefore have to fake it and hope no one notices.

edit on 12-6-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join