It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rexamus
a reply to: EternalSolace

Uh Oh, you fed the troll!

I guess he did fed me, maybe there is some truth in my trollin
edit on 12-6-2015 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
To add more to the thread and maybe branch out to other subjects pertaining to the thread i would like to share a thought i previously mentioned in another thread.

What if your dreams are a glimpse into an alternative reality? Your dreams, albeit sometimes chaotic and nonsense, would probably make sense if your dreams were a mesh of all possible realities you can experience.

We like to think of ourselves, as a species, as all knowing. In a sense, this is true but it is flawed. Just like way back when we thought the earth was flat. Any other notion was ridiculed, scoffed at or you may be killed for your views. We didn't know any better back then and our knowledge now is only based on what we know. We literally knew, as much as we knew. Like today, our knowledge is limited and dependent on current information. I suppose what i'm really asking here is how can we brush off topics such as this as poppycock, nonsense, knowing full well that we do not know for a fact? Yes, logic comes into play but logic only goes so far. Logic works in this reality, to a certain extent but i think it's ignorant to think that this is the only reality especially when the information we have about everything (we know) is all we've got.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: rememberthetrees

What about the movie "Interview With a Vampire"

Except it's not. It's "Interview With The Vampire"

That doesn't even sound right!

I missed your post earlier, yes! Things like that. A recent movie for example, Jupiter Ascending. Another poster actually pointed this out and i agree that this movie was Jupiter Rising. Maybe this particular title could possibly be memory errors or a very late title change. Our world is stranger than we think.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I was not aware of the "Interview with a Vampire" one either.

However, I am familiar with Jupiter Rising. I remember sitting at work, bored out of my mind, when I saw the trailer for that movie. I distinctly remember it being Jupiter Rising because I thought it was interesting. I even remember Googling it and it being Rising and not Ascending.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

It WAS Rising right, the title sounds right with rising finishing it, ascending seems misplaced, wrong even.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: rememberthetrees

What about the movie "Interview With a Vampire"

Except it's not. It's "Interview With The Vampire"

That doesn't even sound right!

I missed your post earlier, yes! Things like that. A recent movie for example, Jupiter Ascending. Another poster actually pointed this out and i agree that this movie was Jupiter Rising. Maybe this particular title could possibly be memory errors or a very late title change. Our world is stranger than we think.

Yup, I too remember it being advertised as "Jupiter Rising" ... "Jupiter Ascending" just doesn't look OR sound familiar.
I'll be hard-pressed to find the comments on an article I read, with a couple theatre workers posting about being freaked out that the name was now wrong!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelmarie

originally posted by: Schkeptick
Regarding the Berenstain bears...

I remember it as "ein" as well. However, if it WAS spelled Berenstein, everyone would pronounced the second syllable with the vowel sound "eye" like in the well-known name "Stein". I've only ever heard it pronounced as "ay" (like "hay" or "hey"). In this case? I think we say it the way it is spelled, and in our minds we make it what we think it should be, the more familiar spelling of "stein".

I hear the argument that people would have pronounced it like Frankenstein. That would be wrong for my case. I remember reading these books and in my house we had to speak proper. When I heard my mom mispronounce this word i said something about it. That was when I found out Frankenstien is pronounced Frankensteen and everyone is pronouncing it wrong. Go watch the movie young Frankenstien with gene wilder. He keeps saying "it's steen Frankensteen"

Also, Brian Epstein was the Beatles manager in the early days. Epstein, pronounced 'steen' not 'stayn' or 'styne' so to say stein should always have an 'ay' sound (like the person you were replying to said) is just not the case.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rexamus
I'm familiar with the Berenstein Bear's portion of this (I too remember it being 'stein') but I had never heard of people believing Australia was in a different place. After I read your post I thought "Australia IS in the middle of nowhere!". Well then I pulled up a map, and I'll be danged if Australia doesn't seem quite a bit closer to Papa New Guinea and Indonesia than I remember! Weird. But I've got to chalk that up to bad memory or something else until I hear more people have those same memories.

Then count me in, friend. Also, New Zealand can't decide where it wants to be, lol... NE of Australia or SE of it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: TheMadTitan

I was not aware of the "Interview with a Vampire" one either.

However, I am familiar with Jupiter Rising. I remember sitting at work, bored out of my mind, when I saw the trailer for that movie. I distinctly remember it being Jupiter Rising because I thought it was interesting. I even remember Googling it and it being Rising and not Ascending.

Am I the only one of us who was certain there was an actor named Steven Segal? Well, there isn't. But there is one named Steven Seagal. I'm a visual learner, by the way. But I'm sure somewhere along the way, I've remembered something incorrectly. Just wondered if this is one of those times.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Here's proof it was as it was remembered

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Love this thread.

I am in the Australia was way out there by itself camp. Not crammed up against the other countries up North as it appears today. And New Zealand was to the left, not the right, up higher, not lower.

Nelson Mandela, Billy Graham both died years before.

I think perhaps multiverse is a possibility. Whatever reality we tune into, there we are. Or there was a point in time when we all split off into different universes or realities. Or there are glitches in the matrix. Or we are all dead and just think we're alive.

Who knows? I'll never figure out the high strangeness of it all, so I guess I'll just enjoy living and not worry about it!

But an occasional dip of the toe in the murky waters of an ATS thread about the Mandela Effect is fun.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

What?! If you had asked me how to spell is name, I would most definitely spell it Segal...

There is so much more to this topic than I had originally believed. I wonder how many things have shifted without our knowledge!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

I don't recall Billy Graham having died before. I remember him in the hospital as his health was declining, but not having died.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Was looking at the Mandela Effect site and it states that John Lennon's death was December 8th, 1980? I remember the day he was shot vividly. I went to visit my folks and when I walked into the kitchen, they had the TV on with the report of the shooting being broadcast. My mother looked at me and said "Did you hear? John Lennon was shot." I was devastated. The door to the yard from the kitchen was open. It was a warm sunny day and I was in shorts. I walked out on to the back porch and I sat there and cried. December 8th? Really?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
Was looking at the Mandela Effect site and it states that John Lennon's death was December 8th, 1980? I remember the day he was shot vividly. I went to visit my folks and when I walked into the kitchen, they had the TV on with the report of the shooting being broadcast. My mother looked at me and said "Did you hear? John Lennon was shot." I was devastated. The door to the yard from the kitchen was open. It was a warm sunny day and I was in shorts. I walked out on to the back porch and I sat there and cried. December 8th? Really?

Yep, I was home from college for the SUMMER. Not Christmas break... well, it wouldn't have been Christmas break on December 8th anyway. I would have been knee-deep in exams... three hours away from home.

But I clearly remember driving into my neighborhood when it came on the radio. And I was home for summer break.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I like how you put it. Makes since to me! I happen to agree.....the energy has to go somewhere......

I remember the first time I saw the Matrix. Loved it! I will remember this deja vu scene for the rest of my life. For about three months before I saw the movie I kept having a reoccurring dream of this cat in this scene. That tends to happen to me. I will see scenes of movies in my dreams before I see them. Funny thing....as a kid I thought man I have such wild dreams I should write about them and sell them! Then I started to realize it wasn't me creating these stories I was just taping into the creative unconsciousness and seeing what others were imagining. Oh the disappointment realizing I wasn't so creative!

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Hi,

It was initially to be called Jupiter Rising

www.bleedingcool.com...

‘Hello! Lovely to hear from you. Our comic is called Jupiter’s Legacy. Your band, I believe, is called Jupiter’s Children. I thus have no idea what you’re talking about and neither do you in terms of copyright violation. My lawyer is probably ignoring you now. Best, Mark Millar’

‘I’ve no idea why I’m wasting my time with this, but I think you misunderstand. Our project is called Jupiter’s Legacy. Your band is called Jupiter’s Child. Star Wars, Star Trek and Starman all have the word STAR in the title with no conflict just as my project and your band have Jupiter in the title. What on Earth are you talking about? Are you aware that there’s a movie called Jupiter’s Rising out next year? Are you taking them to court too?’

Note the post is dated 2013. Changed in view of possible copyright breach.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Thank you for that. I knew I saw a commercial for a trailer that stated Jupiter Rising.

*sigh* I'm not quite all the way crazy... yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The Mandela Effect could also be a result of something sinister. Let's say a Black Ops program discovered time travel or a form of it and used it to alter small things in their favour causing an alternate timeline, which is almost exact minus a few indiscrepancies, Mandela, Lennon. etc.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
With Billy Graham, I think they erected a statue at some point (?), and in many people's minds that came across as a memorial.

It could be that when news items are patchy and occasional, the mind fills in the blanks, possibly according to some internal narrative that fits the theme of the story.
So, for example, people from the US connected an aging Mandela with the prison theme and his death.
However, in South Africa, where Mandela was in the news daily, we wouldn't have made that error.
Although, he was in a coma for a long time, and there were all kinds of conspiracies that he was already dead long before it was announced, and that the ANC were waiting for a politically opportune moment to make his passing official.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join