It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Riots

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
With all the talk of violent citizens and police in 'Murica I went searching on youtube because I have not personally been in a city with rioting. It seems there are riots everywhere!

Oh, wait. That's Canada! Oh Oh here's one!

Wait wait! That's Spain! Here's one!

Oops! Sorry that's Brazil. Let's see ... hmm. Ahhh here's one!

Sorry again! That's London. Searching .... Searching!

Yikes! Sweden? Yeah that was Sweden! Wow.

France. And yet, here we are talking about those DESPICABLE VIOLENT 'Muricans! Seems like there is plenty of violence in the world to go around and I see a continual stream of "Look at the violent 'Muricans!" I am not saying we don't have a problem in the US. I AM saying some of the comments I have seen from some of the members of this site seem to be rather hypocritical. There is violence all over the world. Please point fingers at someone else for a little while. Some of us 'Muricans are tired of the being the world's whipping boy. This doesn't mean that we agree with what our government does or what some members of our society do but we would like to see some balance in the finger pointing.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi
Yep this is how the governments control the protests they put there own agents in and boom you can instantly turn the rest of the public against the cause, they have been doing it since WW2 with operation gladio infiltrating every protest and activist group by putting soldiers in and making the groups extremely violent, basically every terrorist group has been your very own government killing its own citizens to maintain a right wing presence.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

God I love the sarcasm it is the highest form of humor !!!

Great thread !
S&F's

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

edit on 11-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Double post, and other wackiness...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The Ferguson riots (U.S.) were not that long ago. Not saying that's a good thing, just FYI!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I love your captions below each video OP, Super funny. I appreciate the thread too. This Murica bs is getting old (we are not all like that!) and making me want to move to some remote island so as not to be associated with anybody.
edit on 11-6-2015 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I love your captions below each video. Super funny. I appreciate the thread too. This Murica bs is getting old (we are not all like that!) and making me want to move to some remote island so as not to be associated with anybody.

I agree, the whole "Murica" thing is way beyond the point of getting old... I believe it all started with the "America, # Ya!" videos then spiraled downhill from there.

Interestingly, the "Murica" label is usually stamped on the stereotypical right wing "redneck" and is widely used by the "liberal" faction in the U.S. to unfairly mock anyone without liberal views. It's beyond annoying, but it's a fad of which Hollywood and the media (mostly social media) have propped up due to the whole liberal agenda here.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Nail on the head Wookie, beyond old, beyond annoying. Have you seen or heard the new carls jr. Commercials? They need to stop.

If you haven't..........."why a hotdog and kettle chips on top of a burger!?,..........America! That's why!"..........(meanwhile, less fortunate people would feel blessed with any of the three.....)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Can't really call carls jr the liberal media.

Scantily clad women eating burgers isn't exactly their style.
That is one of their more conservative commercials tbh

The 'Murica is more a hit on the overly patriotic, the america can do no wrong crowd, which is exactly who that commercial is pandering to.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I know exactly which commercials you speak of. Fortunately, I believe Carl's Junior is just capitalizing on a fad. All fads die out, eventually. Hopefully this one does soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You guys are both right, I jump to conclusions and stray from topic too easily.

I just paid attention to one of those commercials for the first time today, eventually read this thread, and related the two.

Apparently this bugs me enough to just up and post all willy nilly.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I don't think it strayed from the topic at all. The OP even used the term "Murica" which, IMO is a tired term. This is what ATS is for, to discuss these things in a civil manner. There's nothing willy nilly about that!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The real revolution will not be televised.
The screens will go blank.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
The real revolution will not be televised.
The screens will go blank.

Hopefully soon..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

Hey look! A group of police with clothes, helmets and shields designed to protect them from rocks, bottles and sticks!
Let's throw rocks and bottles at them and hit them with sticks!

Even better. Let's all wear black and hide our faces. That way we won't be able to identify the establishment provocateurs leading us, as long as we pretend not to notice they always throw the first rock and never get arrested.

Afterwards politicians will approve further funding for security services and hurriedly pass more oppressive legislation.
Then we'll be freeeeeee!!!

Lemmings following provocateurs is a worldwide problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep No, lol. It is right wingers that use the term 'Murica to insult the government. I have no idea where you got your idea.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Wookiep No, lol. It is right wingers that use the term 'Murica to insult the government. I have no idea where you got your idea.

I have no way to disprove what you claim, but I have never personally witnessed the term being used in that way. I suppose it's possible that "Murica" has been used universally from all sides of the fence. Either way, it's a stupid fad that I hope ends soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

"Murica"

If Australians call "America" America it would be fair to say America the word cannot be shortened . The person that thought that word up needs to go to the Australian National Institute for word shortening and English language butchering .

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Are these videos meant to justify the activities of an American police officer who turned up to a pool party in a housing estate and started acting like he was in Afghanistan. These are riots in major cities not a pool party attended by 15 year olds in a housing estate.Trying to compare the two just emphasises how OTT that police officer was. What a joke
edit on 11-6-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Perhaps you should read this link .

www.9news.com.au...

But hey he only seen one kid who committed suicide followed by another who attempted . How would you cope . Yes i thought so . Talk about judge and jury .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join