It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in reincarnation? Yes. No. Maybe. Questions apply!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Depending on your answer there are other questions to ask you. Each answer you could give poses another set.

Yes. No. Maybe.

If your answer is yes, then the following questions would apply to you.

Do you think you have only been reincarnated as a human?
Do you think all of your incarnations have only been on Earth?
Do you think you will ever stop reincarnating?
Do you have an understanding of why you have reincarnated?
Do you remember any of your past lives?

If your answer is no, then the following questions would apply to you.

Why are you so sure that this is your only chance at life?
Does religion play a part in your belief?
Do you believe in an afterlife, such as the theory of Heaven and Hell?
Do you believe in God?
Do you believe in karma?

If your answer is maybe, then the following questions would apply to you.

What do you need to push you in the direction of yes or no?
Is the concept of death a reality to you?
Do feel life is a series of lessons to be learned?
Are those lessons necessary for the evolution of your soul?
Do religious concepts ring true to you?

My personal belief is that yes, we are reincarnated many times. We inhabit many forms of life. We never die as a soul, but the life forms we inhabit cease to operate. This happens for many different reasons related to our own environment, culture and upbringing. The human constructs we are inhabiting at this moment are bound to this reality and are subjected to various factors that will increase or decrease our life span, but the average life here on Earth last 78 years currently.

The average life span for all species varies from planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy. That soul that you are is a never ending energy. Death is something we are taught is a finality. Energy can not die. The Universe is a vast occurrence that has an abundance of and an unlimited supply of energy.

I know death is very real to the human condition, we experience this daily and are constantly reminded of this. Having the belief system that I have allows me to see death from an entirely different perspective. Independent of how I was raised and what environment I grew up and what religion I was asked to participate in, I am capable of removing those from the equation.

I do have memories of past lives. I do have behaviors that I do not associate with this lifetime. I do have other souls that I feel very close connections to. Souls that transcend the human conditional construct.

Ever had that feeling that the family you are a part of feels foreign to you and disconnected? You feel more comfortable around other people? Ever had that feeling that you were the "black sheep" in the group? There is a reason for that. There is no connection or a very weak one to that or those souls.

The human construct of a family is very hard to comprehend. We are expected to "toe the line" of whatever rules and responsibilities our parents bestow upon us. We are expected to live up to expectations and forced to compete for affection with siblings if we have them.
We are forced to go to school and learn lessons, based on history, science, math and geology that have obvious contradictions.

These all play a role in our view of life and death as humans. There are so many lessons for our soul to learn it would be impossible to do so in one incarnation. It would be unlikely that each life would be as only a human and only on Earth, because those lessons to be learned for your soul would have to exist in different form, gender and culture.

Much of what I am writing about is open for assault by those that do not agree and I fully expect many to share their opinion, but it will not change my own beliefs about karma, death, the existence of a soul or the way we evolve as souls.

If you answered yes , then you already believe, which I did and do. If you answered no, then you are fair game to try and show an alternate view, but you are likely not going to accept what I am saying. If you answered maybe, then you have at least an open/ended chance to convince.

This can be a very volatile subject for some and I will promise to treat everyone with respect and answer any serious questions openly and honestly. If you feel the need to engage in behavior that is not cordial then don't bother.

edit on 6-7-2015 by searcherfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes I do.

Ofc not. If eternal soul and reincarnation exist, it is only logical that we must go through every living cycles to fulfill ourselves.

Hard to tell. I would say no understanding the infinite universe (aka infinite possibilities) we live in.

Yes, I believe we live through cycles. The ultimate goal is to go back to the source and in order to do that, we must experience everything duality has to offer. Add to that the fact we have to balance Karma before going back.
And maybe after doing that, we can still come back but only if asked.

Not sure. I'm still working everyday to know myself better and understand the reason I'm here. But I would say, help other people and balance deep dark karma.

Unfortunately not.
edit on 7-6-2015 by St0rD because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
No, i do not really believe in reincarnation in the typical sense. I profoundly dislike the idea of my identity, my intelligence, my imagination and all the aspects of myself that have so tickled me being somehow surpressed so i can participate in the tragically dull show we call life.

For me, let there be a heaven that waits, someplace like the heaven depicted in "What Dreams May Come". I would much prefer to spend the rest of eternity in my imagination then trapped in this....place. Again and again.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sure hope it does and I will pick in order.

Monkey (red faced spider monkey).
Monkey (squirrel).
Ape (chimpanzee)
Ape (human)
Ape (all gone now but human
so another human)
Cat.
Squirrel.
Whale.
Frog.
Oak Tree.
Alien a bit like THE alien.
Alien a bit like an ewok....
Alien like the fit green alien from star trek.

And the list does go on I hope
edit on 7-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
yes I believe that's how it works,
one lifetime at a time, then the next one.
most are probably more fun than this one

edit on 7-6-2015 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It is the one afterlife I would pick the the fact remains none of us know, I got the feeling it is so mind boggling we can't put it into words.
Yeah it's good to guess and wonder and imagine it all but leave it there and lets wait for the real ride.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Yes.

Yes, to my memory.

NO, especially if we don't forgive others, we stay tied to that soul until lesson has played out. I had no time in that life to ask forgiveness, I was a victim of homicide/suicide.

Yes.

As a young German woman in World War II, 30's/40's.

According to Edgar Cayce, we Never reincarnate as animals. My reincarnation memories have come to me very slowly from childhood till age 37 when I found out the whole story. Then, my mind was at ease and the game of charades was over. I no longer have memories or need to visit a certain place anymore. Everything made sense.

edit on 7-6-2015 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Absolutely, yes.

Yes, souls are nearly always reincarnated as the same species.

I don't know. The incarnations that I recall are only on Earth.

Yes. Once a soul has reached self and God realization.

Absolutely, yes. We always incarnate into a specific life to work on specific issues.

Absolutely, yes.

I have partial or full recall of nearly a dozen different incarnations. All souls have a preferred sex to incarnate as, however, occasionally we incarnate as the opposite sex to have specific experiences. Out of the incarnations I recall only one was as a female and happened around the mid-1850's in Missouri.
edit on 2015/6/7 by Metallicus because: formatted

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo

Oh bugger!
I wanted to mix it up and be allsorts

If I have to always come back human well I hope it's something else.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

that's interesting how you can 'remember' a previous life
did that involve 'guided pastlife regression' , drug therapy or more of an update via a type of 'alien visitation' interaction?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
Depending on your answer there are other questions to ask you. Each answer you could give poses another set.

Yes. No. Maybe.

- I know, so... Yes, I guess?

If your answer is yes, then the following questions would apply to you.

- Nope.

- Nope.

- Depends on how you define that word.

- Kinda, sorta, maybe, probably... Relatively speaking.

- More than I'd ever care to count...

Great speech btw, I'll have to stop back later to read responses.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It would be interesting if reincarnation is possible in other animals. I doubt in that because then humans would not eat them or behave without respect.

But then again you can say same for humans. So I m on the edge.

How come humans treat fellow human so bad if there is reincarnation and if we believe in it.

Push me.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: searcherfortruth
Maybe.

What do you need to push you in the direction of yes or no?
Don't know. Maybe some questions answered that no one has been able to thus far.

Is the concept of death a reality to you?
No. For some reason, without any definitive evidence whatsoever, I believe what we call death, is simply a shedding of our physical body.

Do feel life is a series of lessons to be learned?
I have certainly learned many "lessons" in my life, but whether or not that is its purpose, I don't know. It could all be for nothing. Though for some reason, I don't believe that is the case.

Are those lessons necessary for the evolution of your soul?
See above.

Do religious concepts ring true to you?
At this point in my life. No, for the most part.

What is the end game of all these lessons?
If our soul is "evolving", Then why would one come back as a lower form, after having been in a form of higher cognizance?
Why is it assumed that any "memories" of a past life are necessarily our own?
Why couldn't they be "memories" of someone elses life from something similar to Jung's "collective unconscious"?

edit on 6/7/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Nearly always? so there is hope?.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: searcherfortruth
reincarnated as a human?
incarnations have only been on Earth?
you will ever stop reincarnating?
have an understanding of why you have reincarnated?

Yes to all of the above.

And to top it off, I have had a glimpse of my next life, when it is, where it is, and how I die. For some reason, while asleep I slipped the time restraints and was able to enter my next body at the time period of it's death. (200 years in the future, East Texas, map is VERY changed, invasion coming in, two parents and two younger sisters with a baby in the family that had just died at 8 months old, I die at 17 driving away from the invasion with my two young sisters. In that incarnation I am a boy ... but right now I"m a 53 year old woman so it was a very different feeling in that body).

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

everyone 'will remember' when they move on, at least temporarily according to most 'theories'

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DaphneApollo
It's interesting there exists such a disparity among reincarnationists. I would think there would be more unity of thought. Though I certainly don't see them dividing into sects and fighting one another the way some religions do.

edit on 6/7/2015 by Klassified because: grammar, grammar, grammer, and more grammer

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Alien invasion? :O

You could even find the place bury a time capsule and hope you in the future finds it and you can change his future!!!.
Oh and did he/you have future pants on and what were they like as you were running away?.
make a thread it's fascinating I got so many questions!.
edit on 7-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I have had some very intense things happen to me that would lead me to think it was past life recollection. Nowadays I'm not so sure.
One of the great events in Earths millions of years is lifeforms (humans) for the first time having collective thought. There is some science behind emotional dispositions being stored in mitochondrial DNA. Could it go far enough to store a past event?
Or alternately, does the electrical/energy part of us come from a collective source? People call it spirit, I'm thinking more scientifically (at a stretch), as in does our biology attract a certain time of charge/vibration.

All just thoughts.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Alien invasion? :O

It was an invasion coming up from the south part of the state of Texas. (what was left of Texas. Much of it was underwater from the Gulf of Mexico overflowing). It COULD have been alien. It COULD have been human. What I remember is that I was a strapping 17 year old fella from a farm in E. Texas and the invasion was like a very fast moving FLOOD. And I was told by my parents that it was better to die then be caught. So I remember when the invasion happened I jumped in a pickup truck and put my two little sisters in the back and drove away very fast. I think the parents were at the farm and died in the invasion. At one point I knew we weren't getting away fast enough so I rev'd the truck really fast and went off the side of a hill, crashing the truck (upside down?) after going off the end of the hill. Intentionally killing all three of us rather than get swept up in the invasion.

That's how my next life ends. 200 years from now. In what is left of E. Texas. (and no, I don't live anywhere near there in this lifetime).

ETA - Change the future? I don't think there is any changing it. The invasion is massive and quick and can't be stopped. It's like a tidal wave of living black death. The parents were survivalist/militia types. There were maps on the walls in the basement. There is no running from the invasion. There is no place to hide .. anywhere.

edit on 6/7/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join