It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA’s 1971 Apollo 15 Video Clip Shows UFO Parked On Lunar Surface Observing Moon Landing, (?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

A YouTube UFO hunter claims

That sounds like the one and only Scott Warring to me.
Followed the link that is the base for your source to the inquisitr and sure enough the origin of the story is that man again ... Scott C Warring , the man who claims Cassini landed and took off from Titan.

Hats off to the guy , for a man who knows little about much he's become the inquisitr's main source for space related nonsense.

Deny Scott Warring.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For anyone interested, scroll down the page to 120:06:18 2 minutes 47 seconds

www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

From the ALSJ:

With Scott in the background, Irwin descends the ladder, almost falling down as he reaches the footpad. Because the lunar module is tilting backwards, the pad is off the ground and is unstable, swivelling under Irwin. He can be seen swinging off-camera to the left of the picture, holding the ladder for support with his right hand to prevent a fall.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
a reply to: canucks555

I think it shows image artifacts.

Really? An object that casts a shadow on the moon's surface? Please enlighten me as to how an image artifact can cast a shadow on the surface of the moon?

Use full screen at around 2:57 very clear. And after watching the longer clip I would have to say this looks like legitimate footage.

edit on 7-6-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
a reply to: JimOberg

From the ALSJ:

With Scott in the background, Irwin descends the ladder, almost falling down as he reaches the footpad. Because the lunar module is tilting backwards, the pad is off the ground and is unstable, swivelling under Irwin. He can be seen swinging off-camera to the left of the picture, holding the ladder for support with his right hand to prevent a fall.

Wow, I get to learn something too, MUCH APPRECIATION!

I stand corrected, joyfully!

I'm still learning about Apollo -- I hadn't known until last year that Armstrong climbed down the ladder wearing a tether -- not so much to pull him back in an emergency, as to be used later to pull up a sample box at the end of the walk.

Apollo-15, flown by an AF pilot, landed harder than the previous three missions, flown by former Navy carrier pilots. The Navy never let the AF forget it.

Again, thanks!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
nice optical illusion, nothing more

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

It's legitimate footage in that it is genuine, but it is not a UFO casting a shadow on the ground.

It's the hill you can see in the background in this image:

and this one taken slightly later.

The shadow is not from the 'object', it's the sun hitting the hillside in front of it and casting a shadow below the summit.
edit on 7-6-2015 by onebigmonkey because: extra

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
silly boys....acting like you don't know about what I always post......on moon landing ufo vids...
you're kind of telling on yourselves....
here we go....it was on of the subsequent landings where there's video of the old boy coming down the ladder just like Apollo 11......they show this on T V all the time to the point where I tell my people to watchright here on the screen...( and I draw right on the tv screen for them to look behind the spacesuit backpack )....to see the giant whitey white white water tower on the horizon at about the four mile marker....is what one poster right here on ats mentioned.....3 or 4 years ago.
it's still seen on tv ,it shows for a solid two and a half seconds.....on our tvs.....still to this day.
And, it's not small on the screen, not hard to see, but more like...how can it be that no one notices. see, that leaves me thinking.....never mind....just a smiley

edit on 7-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 7-6-2015 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

You're right, looking at it more closely the shadow seems to be caused by the small depression in the ground, but still the UFO is quite clear and not any kind of artifact. If anyone thinks its an artifact please post video of something very similar that remains in the footage for such a long time.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I would say this is the same area, (far mid right) the 'UFO' in the video shows the same distortion from a regular shape on the right hand side as is clearly seen in this picture,

Use the link for more clarity. files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

From the pictures you may experience hill "pareidolia", but from the video it is quite obvious the object is not part of some hill. The first clip from about 2:57 that shows the object also shows that the background is flat, and the color of the object is whiter than the color of the moon.

In addition to that, there is an obvious space between the object and the ground as I have circled; I know the moon has less gravity than earth but I don't think that would allow "hills" to rise up.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I think the pareidolia is yours

It is a difference in shading that is causing the illusion. It is a hill in the background, and I posted an image earlier identifying specifically which hill.

This video of EVA-3 shows the hill as viewed from the rover parked up before the astronauts return to orbit. Go to about 121:30 to see the now fully lit landscape (the sun has risen in the sky over the course of the mission).

This view from the LRO shows the hill I have identified (on the right of the image)

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

with its obviously brighter outcrops.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I think you had better familiarize yourself with the definition of pareidolia, if you think the pics below are a hill, with the hill having space between itself and the ground.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
n addition to that, there is an obvious space between the object and the ground as I have circled; I know the moon has less gravity than earth but I don't think that would allow "hills" to rise up.

Funny you should say that. Had you linked to my full page picture, you will see my 'UFO'/hill 'hovering', just like the boyo in the video. BTW the OP linked video is being sold as a classic saucer shape, which it isn't, but it is the same shape as my little hill! Whodda thunk?

Here's the link again, and boy Oh boy, you can even zoom in!
files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Why is it our moon seems to be the only one in our solar system without a name? Every moon from all the other planets have a name. Ours doesn't and I am starting a campaign to name our moon. I will take suggestions. From serious (Sagan) to ridiculous (Belushi).

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: icewater
Why is it our moon seems to be the only one in our solar system without a name? Every moon from all the other planets have a name. Ours doesn't and I am starting a campaign to name our moon. I will take suggestions. From serious (Sagan) to ridiculous (Belushi).

Why does the planet we live on seem to be the only one without a name? Every other planet has a name. Ours is just "ground," "dirt," you know: "earth" that you grow stuff in. It's not a proper name at all. I will take suggestions. From serious (Alderaan 2) to ridiculous (Vulcan).

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

One of the things Armstrong reported back from Apollo 11 was that his landing was too gentle' and the LM legs did not compress as much, making the climb back up more difficult. Later missions deliberately landed with more force to make the legs shorter.

How logical, on a moon with low grav, lets actually jam the craft down with more force to make the legs shorter.

Nothing unsafe about that at all.

This is further proof of the silliness of NASA.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Good job guys. It's obviously a hill now that you have shown photos to us. Was fun for a bit though as it had my head racing.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Technically they didn't jam it down into anything: as the engine was underneath they just slowed it down less.

It makes perfect sense to use the equipment you have in a way that helps you out.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Seems like a waste of resources, changing the thruster rate so neil has one less step to climb, lucky they didn't bounce next time around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join