It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA’s 1971 Apollo 15 Video Clip Shows UFO Parked On Lunar Surface Observing Moon Landing, (?)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

It's a hill, and has been exhaustively shown to be such. My earlier 'image artifact' post was a joke. Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
I read somewhere that it is just Earth rise..

Like Sun rise but the earth as seen from the surface of the moon..

I'd second that!

EDIT: Nope! After seeing clearer shots is obviously a hill in the background.

edit on 7/6/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: icewater
Why is it our moon seems to be the only one in our solar system without a name? Every moon from all the other planets have a name. Ours doesn't and I am starting a campaign to name our moon. I will take suggestions. From serious (Sagan) to ridiculous (Belushi).
Not really the topic of the thread but since we all know it's a hilltop now (don't we?), I guess that's the end of the thread.

I vote for the name "Luna". Oops, that means "moon" in Latin and Spanish so does that mean we can't use it?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: icewater
Why is it our moon seems to be the only one in our solar system without a name? Every moon from all the other planets have a name. Ours doesn't and I am starting a campaign to name our moon. I will take suggestions. From serious (Sagan) to ridiculous (Belushi).
Not really the topic of the thread but since we all know it's a hilltop now (don't we?), I guess that's the end of the thread.

I vote for the name "Luna". Oops, that means "moon" in Latin and Spanish so does that mean we can't use it?

We could vote. 'Yueh' [Mandarin] would win.

OK with me, unless we follow historic precedent and let guy with first footstep pick the name.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I vote for Mooon, with an extra 'o'. Makes it sound all spooky and mysterious.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hahaha! a reply to: Krakatoa

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555 I have seen probably thousands of pictures and short videos form moon landings claiming to show alien craft. This is the first one that caused me to make some kind of loud noise...one of astonishment and sit straight up in my chair. Very good catch.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Did you also catch that it's just a hilltop?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Did you also catch that it's just a hilltop?
I read the entire thread. I saw pictures of hills. It doesn't convince me that what is in the picture or the short video I saw is a hill.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Then perhaps you should look again.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

perhaps I should , if someone can post the highest quality piece there is of this footage, and hasn't been added to, ide be more than happy to slow it down and give it some observance

presumably someone's explained why the 'hill' is brighter than the forground , the simple stuff like ? ide read back but I cant be arsed at the mo, ho ho ho

funbox

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I watched a YouTube video about this not too long ago, I'll see if I can find it and post the link

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I recall this very subject being discussed here in the forum several years ago. Must have been the same video posted by a different YouTube user. After several pages of posts, the same conclusion was reached... A mountain reflecting sunlight. The more things change, the more they stay the same.... wash/rinse/repeat ad infinitum.

With no bold new human-in-space adventures ready for blastoff, it might be awhile before we get some exciting UFO related reports from beyond the troposphere. Just the occasional (boring) orbs passing by the International Space Station.

So I guess we'll just have to be content with re-visiting aging Mercury, Apollo, Space Shuttle and Mars materials over the next decade or two?

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

It's brighter than the foreground because it's at a higher elevation, and is in more direct sunlight.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here is the actual footage...

www.hq.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
A bit blurry for my liking. Is this mission the same one they claim that they lost the footage to?

I could be wrong, but I believe the lost footage and/or audio you're thinking of was for the Apollo 11 mission with Armstrong and Aldrin.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
onebigmonkey

a reply to: PlanetXisHERE
If you resize and tilt your screen grab on top of onebigmonkeys photograph above, it's a pretty good match:

It's impossible to have both line up perfectly because of the two different perspectives of the photos. Even with the poor quality of the video screen grab and different positions, you can see the same features in both pics line up. You can also see the continuation of the mountain ("UFO") at the rear fading into the shadow towards the right.

Since I have to reduce the quality of the animated gif to 75K, it loses detail. Here's a close up shot of the same comparisons:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Perfect - why didn't I think of that lol

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Excellent job! Anyone still want to say it's a "UFO"?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Im all for believing, but I think if the audio is matching the video.. I would expect him to be saying about the craft he just saw right in front of him. In addition to that, its so blurry it could be anything. a hill, a rock, or even the rover or part of their craft.

Cool find though

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join