It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ditch Thought and Start Being

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Our neuroanatomy is a resemblance of time which was fabricated by our very own brains. The central sulcus separates the frontal lobe from the parietal and occipital lobe (the back lobes). The central sulcus represents the present moment. In the depths of this sulcus lies the pineal gland. The frontal lobe is responsible for all actions that we are going to do, and is represented as the future, because all things we do happen milliseconds AFTER we have the thought to do them. The back lobes are responsible for all sensory perception, and can be respresented as the past, because all things we perceive are actually happening milliseconds BEFORE we "feel" them. The temporal lobes are on the side of the brain and pass over this central sulcus, and that is why the temporal lobe is majorly responsible for our conception of time because it coordinates past and future.

This means that past and future are fabrications of our thoughts. "Responsibility" (future constrainment) and "Regret" (past constrainment) are us submitting to this veil of time. Time is something we made up, and now fight over in this world of greed. The present moment is here waiting for us to integrate with it. This is the concept of Zen thoughtlessness. By not thinking we can reintegrate with the ebb and flow of the universal mind. It always was here, it is eternal, and within us all. The Alpha and Omega, if you will. Being is in the present moment and is eternal. We all belong here and are Sons/Daughters of this eternal Being. Death came to humanity because of our obsession with time, or "sin", meaning to miss the point of life; which is reintegration with Being:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”

At this they exclaimed, “Now we know that you are demon-possessed! Abraham died and so did the prophets, yet you say that whoever obeys your word will never taste death. Are you greater than our father Abraham? He died, and so did the prophets. Who do you think you are?” ...

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” (John 8:51-58)

Note that "I am" is the present tense of "to be". This is Being. The Bible is essentially a how-to manual on reconvening with Being. All other legitimate sacred texts elude to this same thing. Deja vu is the veil ripping open and us momentarily reconvening with this Presence. The God Yahweh in the Old Testament means "I am". When Moses asked God who he was, he said "I am that I am". All the calamities that fell upon the people in the OT were due to their own actions that were discordant with presence, the I Am. This is karma, and it is as true a law as gravity, but it is much more subtle and incalculable except by our own conscious experience: www.abovetopsecret.com... All actions have an equal and opposite reaction; this includes our choices as humans.

Why has nobody picked up on this? Why are we all dying? What has happened to humanity? We have all become entranced in time; lost in our own minds. This has been perpetuated generation after generation because we devote our lives to the great illusion: money, social status, etc. Money is a manifestation of our fear of the future, we collect money for security. Responsibility is considered to be a good thing that mature people can handle, but it is the ultimate thing that is detracting us from the present moment:

"“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" (Mthw 6:25-28)

This goes against anything a parent has ever taught their child. We were all taught to be responsible, and to ensure ourselves a promising future. All eternity is in the present moment:

"For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began." (John 17:2-5)

There's nothing new under the sun, just a dynamic illusion. Our "desires" are also a yearning for something in the future, as if we do not have everything we need right now.

"Through the abandonment of desire the deathless state is realized" (Buddhism: Samyatta Nikaya xlvii 37)

Hence the story of Jesus being tempted in the desert, he transcends desire. Any material pleasure we could fathom is nothing compared to the impending realm we are destined for. In the concluding scene of Richard Linklater's movie "Waking Life", he articulates this quite clearly:

"...Actually, there's only one instant, and it's right now.

"And it's eternity.

"And it's an instant in which God is posing a question.

"And that question is, basically, 'Do you want to, you know,

"'be one with eternity?

" Do you want to be in heaven?'

"And we're all saying, 'No, thank you. Not just yet.'"

And so time is actually just this constant saying no...

to God's invitation.

That's what time is...

There's just this one instant, and that's what we're always in.

...this is the narrative of everyone's life.

That behind the phenomenal difference, there is but one story,

and that's the story of moving from the "no" to the "yes."

All of life is, " No, thank you. No, thank you."

Then ultimately it's, "Yes, I give in.

Yes, I accept. Yes, I embrace."

I mean, that's the journey.

- Everyone gets to the "yes" in the end, right? - Right."

edit on 5-6-2015 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Aaah great point...but thinking is such an amazing drug! reply to: cooperton

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Good write-up, I agree. If you find the now, you find the all. All things reside in the now, there is no past or future, they are illusions, illusions that those in power take full advantage of in order to enslave us. This is why meditation is so important (IMO), because it does away with time and allows you to focus on the present moment.

S&F

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The bible also tells us to not love the world or anything in the world. I wonder what that says about being.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Good thread. The really good stuff is subtle, it seems vain and too abstract to really amount to anything, but once we set aside our panic and fear, stand back and see the big game, it becomes clear that its the solution.

We exist in a universe where we humans seem to be alone. But nothing could be further from the truth. We are the universe, we are the stuff that traveled across vast amounts of space and time to become us, and that includes our consciousness: consciousness is no alien to this universe, it is fundamentally of it, it is what it is made out of, moreso than any other construct in our minds.

To simply be, turning off the endless stream of thoughts that seek to build a partial representation of the universe in our minds, is our most direct connection to that truth, and we find once we are connected with that truth that there is nothing to fear. Once we have found that courage, these nightmares of oppression that we are threatened with in life begin to fade. Yes, bad things can happen to us, but we are not these fleeting individual ego forms, we are so much more. And from that comes the courage to really stand up for what is good and decent in life.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The bible also tells us to not love the world or anything in the world. I wonder what that says about being.

Can you see or hear the 'world' presently?
Or is the 'world' made up of concepts appearing only in thought?

Have you experienced the 'world' or are you only ever experiencing the present arising?

Discern what is actual and notice that thought speaks of things which are not. If thought is ditched - if all words and concepts lift - then what is there to be seen and heard?

edit on 6-6-2015 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It took thought to write what you have
It takes thought to put ideas into action

OK so "I am" but what are you going to do with I am
Do you wish to live upon and interact with Earth and your fellow beings

Or float away with a sublime smile on your face
If so the world would still exist but you would have chosen to not participate
edit on 6-6-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think that refers to not becoming overly attached to the temporary
edit on 6-6-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think that refers to not becoming overly attached to the temporary

What is it that is not temporary? What is it that never comes and never goes?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I could give many answers but what is your answer to your question

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I could give many answers but what is your answer to your question

Please give an answer - many if you have many.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Do you wish me to answer because you do not know

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Do you wish me to answer because you do not know

Answer or not - it makes no odds to me.
Is this a game?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Not a game ... I will give you an answer ... nothing lasts forever only that which is the cause of all things is Eternal

What is your answer

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
No 'thing' lasts forever - all that appears is constantly changing.
However - being always is - I am is constant.
Presence never comes or goes.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

post removed as not applicable

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Sorry I replied to your post before you edited it
I just saw a blank post and thought it to be your answer meaning nothing
However the edited post I understand and agree with

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet
Cool.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thought isn't a place where concepts appear. I've never once experienced something called a present arising. I think you should discern what is actual, because none of what you are speaking about actually is.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Thought isn't a place where concepts appear.

Who said thought was a place?

I've never once experienced something called a present arising.
Did anyone ask you if you had experienced a thing called 'a present arising'?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join