It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
This can be taken as disinfo in itself.

Or wisdom. Take your pick.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: Outrageo

UFO's exist and are real.

What they are, where they come from and what is controlling them is where I am currently at by way of my research.

This is my opinion - and just like bottoms, everybody has one.

Shills and disinfo agents - who knows, maybe and probably - but I don't place them in the same category as our resident UFO fsme's because they also are seeking the truth - they just happen to be really good at exposing BS.

You're one of the more neutral posters here on this site and more often than not I pretty much accept you stances, just like that one, however, I'd like to add to that last sentence of yours.... I would say that we also have those who would seek to suppress truth as well. The fun part of the game is trying to figure out who's genuinely seeking truth opposed to suppressing it.

Side Note: To answer the OP's question, yes there are disinfo agents in the public domain of internet sites (especially conspiracy oriented) planted by the alphabet agencies and who knows else. It only makes sense they would frequent these sites due to the possible unfolding of pure truth that has a very good chance to circulate via exchangeable information.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The disinformation I can ID are satanists and feds. The satanist wants to spread confusion, despair, and pose as agnostics, sceptics, and nihilist philosophers to fulfil whatever dark agenda. The feds are posting threads and comments provoking discussions to look for threats such as lone actors who are delusional and may be posting on aircraft threads, for instance. So that you can be profiled through social media better.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: TrueMessiah
This can be taken as disinfo in itself.

Or wisdom. Take your pick.

Well, it seems we have two different definitions of wisdom.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

...The feds are posting threads and comments provoking discussions to look for threats such as lone actors who are delusional and may be posting on aircraft threads, for instance.

You wouldn't happen to have an example of this you can share with us, would you (without, ahem, naming names, of course)?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

looks like we have another fan of the best story ever created or if it was a true autobiography then humans are already traveling the solar system and stars.

there are for a fact very advanced craft in our skys but no one can answer who is flying them.

i think someone said that when ATS sees some of our(USA) best technology FLOAT out of its hanger ATS will melt twice.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I think a great feature to add to the software would be a button to flag members as shills. Maybe after 50 flags or so the admins could look at their accts, or at least other members could see the flags and know so.
edit on 2-6-2015 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

Perhaps those NSA gumshoes want to know what we may know - or what we "think" we know?

All they have to do is read the site.

They will discover what W.B. Yeats expressed so succintly in his poem The Second Coming:

'The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.'

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

None of us have the power to "make" someone feel anything. Perception by individuals of what is written here is what "makes" us feel what we do while/after reading threads and posts. Unless you are the exception to this??

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Wasn't there a huge, popular thread about this subject (once again) a few months ago where some of the moderators admitted that there are tons of government trolls here?

I think it's quite obvious that when somebody hits the nerve on some subject, there are several profiles that try to flood and derail the conversation. Not really surprising, is it?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

ATS is the world's number one conspiracy site so were else would they go to target conspiracy's or manage damage control through disinformation.

Only conspiracy theorists think their fantasies are important. However, some conspiracy theories ('JFK was assassinated by a group of conspirators') become folklore that is widely believed. People seeking information about such theories, or theories that have the potential to become folklore, may visit the site. Some of them will work for the constituted authorities.

None of this is scandalous and none of this is wrong. As most of the world outside ATS knows, conspiracy theories are false.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

Applause!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

When you let go of the bars, the cage disappears.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Ummm...

NO. Not only NO, but Hell NO.

Surely you can see the issues with that???

Most "shills" (((god I hate that word.))), are merely people with differing opinion, usually strongly held. Sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tryptych

I think it's quite obvious that when somebody hits the nerve on some subject, there are several profiles that try to flood and derail the conversation. Not really surprising, is it?

You mean like when somebody says something really, really stupid and people all rush to point it out?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would assume that there is much more people on ATS that unknowingly or knowingly spread wrong info/stories without being a "shill"
There is :
1. People who unknowingly spread wrong information for w/e reasons (usually being gullible).
2. People have a hard time differentiating fact from belief. So they just end up presenting all their comments as facts.
3. (The worst) People who fantasize for attention or even sometimes for scamming. Then spreading that made up information across the internet. The made-up information is usually mixed in with some facts or strongly supported theories in alternative news/talk.

Lightworkers/Alien channelers/new-age spiritualists are probably a prime example of these types of people. I don't want to get into it, but I'm sure if you visit those websites eventually you come across these site.

Also, I don't mean to chastise all of the people that consider themselves in those groups. And, This is mainly an observation from ATS and other conspiracy sites. Not JUST ATS.
edit on 3-6-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

No. When some good speculation is going and there's some progress on the subject, the thread is suddenly flooded by completely irrelevant posts. Part of the tactics.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
However, some conspiracy theories ('JFK was assassinated by a group of conspirators') become folklore that is widely believed. People seeking information about such theories, or theories that have the potential to become folklore, may visit the site. Some of them will work for the constituted authorities.

None of this is scandalous and none of this is wrong. As most of the world outside ATS knows, conspiracy theories are false.

You really think Oswald acted alone? Sheesh, Asty, you're fair brilliant, but your "all conspiracy theories are false" OCD is acting up on that one. It was Dulles more than anyone, btw. Butthole. Dulles, not you.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Disinformation agents abound! many mavens of the UFO community are involved and many luminaries are complicit.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"conspiracy theories" (at one point)

- WMD's in Iraq. Lies.
- MK-Ultra. Proved.
- CIA smuggling coc aine into the US. Proved.
- US secret torture centers. Proved.
- That the Iraq war was actually about oil. Admitted.
- Afghanistan opium trade through the roof after the invasion. Fact.

and most of all

"Jet fuel can't melt steel beams". But of course, EVERYTHING is as the government tells you and there are no secret deals happening, no rise of an Orwellian police state..
edit on 3/6/2015 by Tryptych because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join