It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm surprised you still don't accept that 9/11 was an inside job.

What's your agenda?

Like is said I am not wanting to debate my views on 9/11.

I was just pointing out that in my experience no matter how logical or how factual a argument may be on ATS it won't change anyone's mind because we are pretty much all set in our ways. As such it would not really make much sense to have disinfo agents on ATS because they wouldn't change anyone's mind

But way to go missing the point!
edit on 2-6-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Really, missed the point?. O.k
At what time, after being on ATS for quite a while, did you decide to change your mind about the events of 9/11?
Just curious because it looks like you're one of the disinfo victims......

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

At what time, after being on ATS for quite a while, did you decide to change your mind about the events of 9/11?

still missing the point,

in my time on ATS I have not really changed my mind on the events of 9/11 in any significant way thats why I said in my first post that I was including myself in saying that none of us are very open to changing our views. Now in truth up until about 2008/9 I was very much a believer of 9/11 conspiracies but that is really something that is on a entirely different topic.

For the record i was a "victim" of education not disinfo

If you wish to discuss my views on this further please U2U me because my views on 9/11 and the topic of disinfo agents on ATS are totally different.

I was merely using it to illustrate a point.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You seem awfully concerned with "correcting" him... could it be that you are an agent of disinfo?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I haven't missed the point.
I understand what you've written.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I haven't missed the point.
I understand what you've written.

Then why are you talking about my views on 9/11 and not what I have had to say about Disinfo agents on ATS?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Meh, I might be.
Interesting that the Ops post has us suspecting each other now.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I chose to concentrate on that briefly.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Outrageo

If there are Dis-Info agents here from any of the ABC organizations, what they are trying to give false info about would have to be proved true to begin with. I can post information on a range of subjects and pretend that what I am saying is the truth and someone can come in and say wrong, that is a lie.

I can post video's and pictures and statistics and no matter what I provide there will still be those that call BS. This site and any other conspiracy site is ripe to be trolled and many ABC would gladly take the opportunity to provide false information to various sites just to keep everyone guessing.

Are there those on ATS that possess this desire? Absolutely! Why should ATS be immune? But they really do not need to do this here when they have the MSM at their disposal.
edit on 6 2 2015 by spiritualKat33 because: OKD...obsessive Kat disorder! See, I just did it!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Disinformation "agents" have gone to the wayside now with information bubbles being pretty standard.

For example:

I search "Florida" on Google. I get geographical information. My mother searches "Florida" on Google. She gets airfares and hotel booking information.

We hit are surrounded by things that we like, and our searches and internet experiences are tailored to us. We watch tv shows we agree with, read news outlets we agree with, and even listen to radio shows we agree with.

We don't need disinfo agents -- the media itself has become one huge disinfo agent, cocooning us in whatever world we want.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
ive seen many dis-info agents here, go start a thread about radiation in japan my god,japanese agents flood the thread telling you how good it is there.

or a thread about putin go look in those,its very hard to question u.s policies about the ukraine .

and someone posted here above me somewhere that some good posters are now missing,i have noticed this to.
some of those missing people where the reason i joined ats in the first place.
also when those members where posting,ats was revealing the news before mainstream had even heard of it all the time.
this has now tailed off and i see members posting standard news sites????????????

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualKat33

If there are Dis-Info agents here from any of the ABC organizations, what they are trying to give false info about would have to be proved true to begin with.

But what if there was no concern about the disinfo being proved true or not. What if, instead, the objective was merely to persuade an enthusiast community, and their brethren/offspring, co-conspiratorial comrades, and/or members-at-large to shift their thinking in a certain direction.

What if, by simply spoon-feeding hungry, eager minds longing for any morsel of confirmation, a steady stream of intriguing, but wrong, information, you can satisfy a directive.

For example (purely hypothetical), a thread starts sniffing too close to an alleged crash site/sighting, etc., a few strategic posts discrediting the witness may fuel the skeptical side of the discussion. Ditto for, say, a video clip, anomaly on the Moon/Mars, etc. By tossing a few "expert" CGI "testimonials" into the thread, pretty soon there is enough momentum to make the OP look foolish, dishonest, or imprudent. Once enough skeptics and doubters start weighing in, validating the "expert", the hopeful also assume doubt, and the thread begins its slow but inevitable death.

Don't get me wrong, I know nearly everything that comes down the pipe is pure garbage, fabricated, or otherwise not at all what some wish it to be. That's just reality. That's also not what this thread is about. It is simply about those that may be doing these things in an organized fashion. Not individuals, trolls and the like, but rather those that have a mandate, a policy, an operations manual. You know, for example, as described in the disinfo section of the (discredited?) SOM1-01:

What I am curious about is what logo is on their paychecks (well, none probably). But who are they? WHY are they misdirecting us, the humble but curious, from discovering the truth, as it may exist?

Some responders here assert that none such disinfo agencies exist. They may be right. They may not be...

edit on 6/2/2015 by Outrageo because:

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
I think it was just recently stated by the site owner on another thread that there are more gov bot than actual members at ATS. Now imagine those he doesn't know about.

We are a think tank.
Have you noticed the amount of members missing? From the last two years'?

And yet I remain. You know why? Because I'm a disinfo agent unbeknownst to myself. A fool as it were.....a dodo. Has served me well but I wanna be a real boy!

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Many people seem to be missing the purpose of the disinfo agents.

They are here, and many are in this thread! and their purpose is not to influence you or me.
Me - You, we are already trapped in this site and to use a phrase I heard someplace else...
"We are like real birds, trapped in a digital cage. We flap our wings and squawk, but our knowledge is trapped in the ats digital bird cage"

The job of the agents is to catch the drive by people, to stop them listening to the birds in the cage.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Many people seem to be missing the purpose of the disinfo agents.

They are here, and many are in this thread! and their purpose is not to influence you or me.
Me - You, we are already trapped in this site and to use a phrase I heard someplace else...
"We are like real birds, trapped in a digital cage. We flap our wings and squawk, but our knowledge is trapped in the ats digital bird cage"

The job of the agents is to catch the drive by people, to stop them listening to the birds in the cage.

Like a dodo. Tweet tweet

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Despite other people assuming this is a general post about ".... what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?" and discussing other topics I am assuming you posted this in the Aliens & UFOs forum for a reason.

So what is the agenda that you suspect?

To conceal the cosmic conspiracy or to promote it?

It seems to me there are a whole host of people financially dependent on promoting the "aliens are/were here" theme through other forms of media that there is no need to to do it here. The letter agencies of the United States also do it. Even with the dearth of modern close encounters we now have "Ancient Aliens" widely promoted. Which is in itself a fairly ancient idea.

There are also a number of people who are so wrapped up in believing "the financially dependent alien story tellers" that they can't handle it when people question their 'less than robust' beliefs. So the accusations of people being de-bunkers and closed minded are made whenever it is pointed out that there is no proof of any alien intervention. Which there isn't.

Despite the mountain of evidence which these folks often refer to they cannot put their finger on the one piece of evidence that proves beyond reasonable doubt "it was aliens". Otherwise it would have become accepted wisdom.
So there really isn't any need for intervention in the Aliens & UFOs forums for disinformation agents the damage is being done elsewhere.

The irony is that some people will believe this is a piece of disinformation.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
The thing that always gets me about this idea of having "shills" working on ATS is this:

I am sure that there is someone sitting in a office at the NSA who every now and then might have a little peek at what is being said on ATS and other conspiracy sites but nothing more.

I would think that they are more interested in social media sites than conspiracy sites.

WTF? Really?

Surprised I missed that on my first pass. Haha. So the NSA likes to play peek-a-boo with conspiracy theorists talking about government when they're bored but spends their man hours on social media reading about how some baby was riding a puppy in a Santa outfit.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

In short, absolutely yes, ATS is the world's number one conspiracy site so were else would they go to target conspiracy's or manage damage control through disinformation.

The site is not a party to it in my opinion but trained cointel operatives with a broad range of skill set's including psychology using of course reverse psychology, deflection and subtle thread deviation techniques to take the thread of discussion off course do exist.

Why, well they can and it is good practice as well as often useful for control of information.

These day's they swamp any true data with a mire of other information so occluding the real dangerous stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I believe they are on this site, but they are much more apparent and prevalent on the 9/11 board.

Snowden told us they are all over social media. The government hates conspiracy theories, especially those which hit too close to home.

Why then, would they NOT be on this site, the top conspiracy board in the US?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd like to believe there are quite a few around on ATS, but not as much as we'd think. I'm not gonna assume that someone whos a disbeliever, or just cynical, and wants hard facts on the subject and is willing to discard all the videos, to where that as much there fault as it is any flimsy believer going to any cgi or documentary.

As for the works of disinfo agents, they don't have to seem to try much at all on the Alien/UFO subject compared to stuff like 911, contrails or chemtrails take your pick, or Japan for that matter.

Thing is though, what would a disinfo agent really know about Alien activity or Ufo sighting compared to the disbelievers or believers? Satan or something?

Would they know there UFO's that could belong to whomever boss that originates from any earthly origin like the Russians, or would they know there UFOs, that they don't even know much about that will lead to an idea an E.T origin, and dont believe the ETH at all? Or they don't believe UFO/Aliens at all.

Take your pick.

edit on 2-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join