It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: To what extent are disinformation agents active on ATS?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

originally posted by: The GUT
If you believe Roswell was a crashed alien craft, then the disinfo worked.

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

This can be taken as disinfo in itself.

As can this:

IT HAS BEEN DOCUMENTED AS EARLY AS 1988 THAT ALIENS ARE MANIPULATING HUMANITY

IMO there's more reason to believe disinfo is involved to deter the alleged truth of that phenomenon than otherwise.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

As can this:

IMO there's more reason to believe disinfo is involved to deter the alleged truth of that phenomenon than otherwise.

I give you points for using the term "alleged truth".

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would look at any thread that seems to support suicide or uses the word Satan in the reply and uses convoluted and negative logic. Often poses as an atheist, have replied to my threads at times. I can spot them as I have crossed paths with satanic groups and individuals groups the years.

Same with government security proxies, look for threads on imminent attacks on airplanes recently. Someone is mining that information for user information and likely selling it to the government as there is an explosion of businesses that do just that from funding available through the whole NSA post 911 information gathering on US citizens, basically any response or thread that could be potential tied to national security or delusional states of the usual conspiracy and anti government buffs.

a reply to: Outrageo

edit on 3-6-2015 by starswift because: spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

At the risk of being chopped to pieces, could you for those of us that really have no clue what the difference is, because we are denying ignorance fervently, please, please, please, explain just ONE more time what the major differences are, yet, again? However, if you do choose to except this mission (since Kat has such a short span of attention), I can not promise that she will now ask you, again in the future to do so, yet Once again!

Crap, what was the question and what the heck was I thinking? Oh, never mind it, I think it may be a conspiracy against you, although I am not entirely sure whether it is a real one or one I made up in my Kat head!

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Let's put it this way would said DisInfo artists
pass up the biggest forum on the Internet
about the very subjects they wish to steer ?

Not only are we brimming w agents we know
who many of them are, and by making their presence
known on certain topics we can (somewhat) follow
what may be of interest to our intelligence alphabet soup
agencies.

So I for one can gleam my own intelligence
about things like Dolans' Break Away Civilizations,
Big Black Triangles and 9/11.

edit on 3-6-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

Who is that? Some background Info or Dis kind , please?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Because you tell the truth and lie about it and then deny ignorance in the face of defeat! Sheesh don't you know anything?

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

As can this:

I give you points for using the term "alleged truth".

I use alleged only because the criteria for proof cannot be met for some.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Well let me tell you something

We have had a pretty busy few months!

But the cheques keep pouring in

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Personally I think one of the biggest reasons they do it is because 'Knowledge is Power'.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Checks?!? They told me we were all switching to direct deposit three months ago....

Crap

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

originally posted by: DelMarvel
When someone accuses another member of being a disinformation agent or shill on a site like this it's almost always an Ad Hom fallacy being used because they've been presented with reasoning or evidence they can't logically refute.

I really do think some people really believe it because they don't see it as an attack nor do they believe their reasoning is unsound. It borders on delusional if you ask me. But then I apparently call everyone delusional, just ask the people that call me a disinfo agent.

Absolutely. When we resort to logical fallacy we rarely do so consciously.

For the example of UFOs and aliens which is what the OP is talking about: It hardly needs to be pointed out that at this point the ETH is almost a matter of religious belief. However, many of the "tenets" don't hold up to logical scrutiny. So, one who has rationally examined the subject a length of time (and there are many here) will usually win logical arguments. If you are emotionally invested in the subject, the idea that you are dealing with a professional debater is the last line of psychological defense.

I know because I've been there.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Checks?!? They told me we were all switching to direct deposit three months ago....

Crap

Checks USA or Cheques UK it depends what side of the pond your office I mean basement is on

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Disinfo Agents, nooooo how could ATS the temple of all conspiracies truths have Disinfo agents! NO...., the high priest of ATS will burn you! Burn Burn! Burn infidel!!!

* This was a pay advertise by your friendly ATS disinfo agents*

Of course i was been sarcastic, has far my knowledge knows, yes there are some, and even some CIA and some other Gov branches that come here to have a good laught and if they need to mud the waters on some specific stuff they will, but most of the times the same people do this..why? because it sounds extraordinary their claims (even if are the real deal truth).

Do people on the forum think that the truth let say about "Aliens" will come up from ATS to enlight the world???? that some Lone Ranger will give here definitive proof (and i mean real evidence touchable).....of course not, there have been some people who spill the beans out here but because of lack of touchable evidence they are discarded has nuts even if its the truth plain and simple, no need for the disinfo agents to act on that, of course they are looking and if they need to act they will like i said to mud the waters if the info is real sensitive.

It's a free forum so yes they do their job when need it.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

The concept of taxpayers paying 'government employees?' to lie to them is ____________

The concept of those government employees being proud of themselves and their job is _____________

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

The concept of taxpayers paying 'government employees?' to lie to them is ____________

The concept of those government employees being proud of themselves and their job is _____________

Agreed! They should be very ashamed of themselves. There are so many honest ways to make a living.

Being a government shill is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Think about the amount of utter crap that is on this site,

Perhaps they, disonfo agents, post the utter crap to get people to believe it is all utter crap, diminishing the credibility of CT

If i were to believe that all of the people who at one point or another have posted a thread that turns out to be total nonsense were disinfo agents then I would have to believe that every person on this site was a disinfo agent (myself included)

the people who dream up conspiracies are doing enough themselves to discredit them with out the hand of any government agency.

That's not what I meant, it would only take a few post to break some peoples faith in it

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5

Agreed! They should be very ashamed of themselves. There are so many honest ways to make a living.

Hmmm... something a government shill would say

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

And redundant.

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

Seems that a sense of humour is not required here

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join