It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Want To Know What Gets My Dander Going?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
a reply to: spiritualKat33

My phone has autocorrect.
It autocorrects words into the wrong ones a lot.
Like right there, at the end if my last sentence, it turned "lot" into "lit".
It also constantly changes of to if.....
It is so infuriating.
The keypad is too small unless I turn the phone sideways, but I hate that way.
There are many reasons some of us misspell.

Yeah I just never thought about it before, because I would not bother using a phone to keep in touch with ATS and post things from there with an auto correct function. I am not one of those technology social media types that twitter and facebook and instagram and pinterest and whatever other goofy thing you people do. I just come here to share and read and would prefer if the sharing and reading were done with some semblance of sense rather than having to read between the lines to get the message.

From now on, I will simply exercise my free will choice to ignore anyone that does not take the time to actually give a crap about what they do post. There is nothing saying I have to read or reply to everyone. I just try to offer support and contribute to other threads when possible.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks for the insight, however, doing that for a living may give you pause to pay attention or care, but it does become a distraction that takes away from what they are trying to share, wouldn't you agree? As to being more difficult to proof oneself, that is poppycock and just plain lazy! If you have the time to write something, you have the time to proofread it, especially if it is your own writing.

I will say this, before I wrote this I did not think about the fact that this is an International site, duh, it is the Internet and I did not take into account that other people keep in touch with their phones (I do not) and I did not take in account the lack of education, I was a jerk about it. That doesn't exclude the people that do have an education and are just lazy or the people that do respond from their computers and refuse to make corrections because they do not have any pride in being proper.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Aha! Well, you mentioned dander and that was one cause. I see you don't have to worry about that. You just have to worry about smelling like a trout.

Did you swallow that one hook, line, and sinker?

See what I did there? That was punny.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Way to derail the thread with Dyslexia! That is an entirely different situation than what I am talking about! That is a medical condition from the brain, not silly lazy jerks that do not try to write things correctly. I will not and do not have the same feeling I did about this subject when I first started the OP, I do have a certain amount of understanding and appreciation for different circumstances surrounding the usage of this site with regard to how people use different technology to keep in touch and the fact this is an International forum, it really just never dawned on me because I was shortsighted in my fit of hysteria.

I still think Dyslexia has nothing to do with my OP and I still think there are many that are just lazy!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
So you 2 are done jacking this thread then?

Well, obviously, I must have touched a nerve somewhere because many felt the need to be here, but isn't interesting how this drifted to a love fest on Dyslexia? I waited until now to respond. I really do appreciate you giving me food for thought!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Sure if you will stop with incessant need to be funny?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
a reply to: Greathouse

Way to derail the thread with Dyslexia! That is an entirely different situation than what I am talking about! That is a medical condition from the brain, not silly lazy jerks that do not try to write things correctly. I will not and do not have the same feeling I did about this subject when I first started the OP, I do have a certain amount of understanding and appreciation for different circumstances surrounding the usage of this site with regard to how people use different technology to keep in touch and the fact this is an International forum, it really just never dawned on me because I was shortsighted in my fit of hysteria.

I still think Dyslexia has nothing to do with my OP and I still think there are many that are just lazy!

I see your position you make assumptions and believe their ( I did that on purpose
) facts. So everybody that doesn't respond with proper grammar on this site is just lazy? Have you ever heard the term digging a hole ?
edit on 1-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
What are Kats?
I have a feeling that I don't like them.

That's Okay! I have a feeling they like your scraps anyway!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

This was the definition I was using when I decided to write my OP and use dander in the headline

dan·der 1 (dăn′dər)
n. Informal
Temper or anger: What got their dander up?

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

Btw isn't this rant a result of this thread? www.abovetopsecret.com... Harmless fun , hey?

Not sure. Maybe? Doesn't seem to be a shortage of incompetency, but I do understand better now why some of these problems occur, still can't stand the lazy jerks that decide they just don't care enough to post properly.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: spiritualKat33
I swear! If I have to read another post where there is punctuation and spelling mistakes I am going to explode!
[/(828) 280-1576quote]

Um. Not to be picky but it should read "where there are punctuation and spelling mistakes, I am going to explode."

All in fun,
AB

Touche`! Okay! just for you I will re-write that a different way; "where there may be punctuation and spelling mistakes, I will explode!"

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

And you would be applauded for doing so!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

originally posted by: Akragon

I hear ya sister...

That's missing 'break' and 'brake'. That misspelling bugs me more than anything. I see people post on Facebook all the time 'Just got my breaks fixed.' and it makes me want to kick puppies*.
*Not really, puppies are cute.

As long as you don't kick a Kat! I can be more forgiving of a mental lapse when it comes to using the spelling of a word that sounds the same than I can of just outright laziness when it comes to providing a complete sentence in proper form. Still, before I started this thread there were other circumstances that I failed to think about! For that I am truly sorry!

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Thanks, but I was a tad insensitive to the plight of others and this rant was not well thought on my part. I do stand corrected by my own admission.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Then the rant served the perfect purpose.
A learning experience!

I've had a few rants where by the end, my thought process was totally different on something.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

See, this is the thing. There's 2 main types of English. American and what everyone else uses.
Then there's those who's first language isn't English.
Again.

And then there is words like colour that get the red underline but yet are spelled correct. Ats is world wide and folks here should be a little more tolerant in my opinion.
I double dog dare ya to spell colour without a red line below it:-)
Just my two cents.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join