It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Footage From Closed OH Walmart = Fresh Razor Wire On Roofs

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Walmart has hired some weird plumbers....

I'm not 100% sure if this one is on the recently closed for "plumbing repairs" but strange either way.

Protecting copper in air conditioner units can't be the reason.

Thoughts ATS?

edit on 30-5-2015 by Signals because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Probably to prevent anyone from stealing the copper in the AC units.

Down in Miami we get that happening to businesses all the time.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

My theory-shady wallmart close their store,knowing it will drasticly reduce the shoppers to the "mall"bit with small shops.

They put up all the razor wire(to keep the riff raff out),knowing the small shops will fold without the masses of people,they can then buy that building and reopen their even bigger wallmart mini town,without a bunch of crackheads moving into their "closed" store.

Or,yeah-a fema concentration camp..

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Even the smaller places in Detroit have it. Some of the more enthusiastic ne'er-do-wells will use a battery operated sawzall to cut a hole in the roof, lower in a ladder, and rob the place that way.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

so - this is an entire shopping mall with razor wire protecting the roof ????

correct ?????

+7 more 
posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Here you go...

When I looked up Google Earth and compared the video to the current Walmarts in the area, it did not match. However, after doing some research, I found out that this video was taken at a Walmart that was closed 3-4 years ago.

After I identified the correct location, I ran out the door @ 10:30PM to check it out for myself! Indeed, the video was true, and there was Constantine Wire all over the top of the building. While I was walking around the building, security came out and asked me what I was doing. Telling them full truth, I told them that I was a blogger and was writing a post in relation to Jade Helm. The security guard had not heard of the military drill, but told me the wire had been erected almost immediately after the Walmart closed 3-4 years ago to prevent thieves from stealing copper on the roof.

investmentwatchblog.com...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

so - this is an entire shopping mall with razor wire protecting the roof ????

correct ?????

Just a Wal Mart that has been closed for a few years.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Daboob 7 is one of my favorite conspiracy for money bloggers . Because his ridiculous videos are so easy to debunk . I have been to that mall and seen the Barbwire years ago .

The store closed 3 to 4 years ago and made no claims about plumbing issue they change location to a supercenter . Looks like the moron bought a drone and is playing with it .

Anybody that doubts my story go to the source he used .

source

His videos should go directly to the hoax bin because he is only a poser .
edit on 30-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Even the smaller places in Detroit have it.

Can't imagine why in Detroit...sad that such an integral part of our history in the US is being left to die a slow death.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

It's not just Detroit, really. Pretty much anywhere with high crime has it along the roof. A bit of me thinks that some insurances require it.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Does walmart still let people park their vehicles and motorhomes in their parking lot overnight? (Used to be they did, anyway).

I guess they got tired of people breaking in thru the roof, or…

Protecting copper in air conditioner units can't be the reason.

The copper condensate drain pipe is probably more vulnerable. It lays exposed, connecting the AC units to drains at the edge of the buildings. When thieves steal that the draining water pools on the roof, soaking thru into the store causing costly damage to the structure and goods inside, let alone replacing the pipe.

At that store maybe, they got a return thief thats plaguing them.

At some point around here they put razor wire under the overpasses, not to keep thieves out but people from sleeping under there.

One day all corporate conglomerates willl be military style fortresses with guards and guns. They already are in foreign countries, even surrounded by electrified fences and land mines.

The larger the corporation the bigger the monopoly, the bigger the budget, the more they fear for their stuff and the more locals who can't afford stuff break in and steal.

If they would just allow the little guys to make a buck selling junk on the corner…

edit on 30-5-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

If it's been closed 3-4 years, why the cops and security guards?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ah - it's a FEMA camp!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Off topic, but can't resist...are you related to the OP? I see a strong resemblance in your avatars.

On topic, Wal-Mart's here in our tri counties area are not closing. Disclaimer: I haven't shopped at Wal-Mart since Obama granted them an ACA health insurance waiver. They'll not get a dime from me.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That creep Daboob, really bugs me. And to prove it I'm going to give some food for thought to the Jade Helm tweakers .

If he would have done his research instead of just sensationalize someone else's work. He would've known that the new owners of tricounty mall have Neil Bush on their board .

Now everyone please freak out over the Bush connection but pay no attention to that idiot .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Oil Tycoons

ChevronTexaco does everything it can to keep it that way. No one enters or leaves the compound without special permission. And there's no way to avoid the tightly guarded security gates, because the entire compound is surrounded by a double fence of barbed wire that encloses a ring of anti-personnel land mines.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Everyone of those air conditioning units on top of those roofs have lots of copper . But the amount of money in copper pales in comparison to replacement of the units .

It is there solely for protection/security against theft .

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

If it's been closed 3-4 years, why the cops and security guards?

Oh, its closed. And the walls are full of cooper wire and copper pipe.

Is the hood a demiltarized zone?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
At that store maybe, they got a return thief thats plaguing them.

Very true. I have a few friends who do heating and cooling in the highrises and bigger buildings in Detroit. There are a few "regulars" that have to visit. You'd be surprised how easily the properly motivated people can get a several ton piece of equipment off a roof.

Someone still owns the building and wants their asset protected. Sometimes, having a person there works better than having a self-reporting alarm system. Chances are, they guard has a dongle he has to swipe at certain points of the building at certain times, just to ensure he's making rounds.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

A bit of me thinks that some insurances require it.

With the amount of copper that is being stolen daily I would have to agree with that.

Cheaper to erect a fence, than it is to replace the copper that get's stolen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join