It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain is too tolerant and should interfere more in people's lives, says David Cameron

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I wonder how the Government felt when the Troops they sent to war without proper PPE had to go down the Human Rights route to get the proper gear to carry out their masters bidding..?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Given the propensity for governments to screw the people on the front line of any service provided by government, whether it be defence, intelligence, social services, or garbage collection, I would say they probably felt put upon that any of the functionaries they employ had seen fit to lever from them, appropriate consideration. It probably made things quite difficult, where spinning the thing to make themselves look good is concerned.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: marg6043
The NSA is already in the UK, has been since the NSA was formed. They're sitting up Menwith Hills. Have'nt you listened to your own politicians when they say "we do not spy on our own people". What they really mean is "we do not spy on our people in America", they do it from the UK.

I am pretty sure that is how it works. There are no rules or laws prohibiting one nation state spying on the populations of another nation state. GCHQ spies on American proles, NSA spies on British proles. Each agency has set up information exchange protocols to help them believe what they do is righteous and then they swap away, feeling utterly justified in what they do.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

What evidence would be sufficient for you?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

That's the kind of people this is aimed at !!!!

OK, sure, but how long does it stay that way? When, if it hasn't already, does it get aimed at me, or you, if for some reason we somehow get on the wrong side of govt?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Where is this protest please.

What is the aim of it in real terms? If I attend what will I be in support of?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Looks like a Anti Austerity Demo....Saw him speak at another demo, (Video) Powerful stuff, but then again he is a fine actor and orator..As welsh as Welsh can be. love that accent.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

All the details are in the bottom right of the image.

Here's the site and info

www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: blupblup

It's aimed at extremist elements those people who want to cause problems for everyone by inciting hate etc , then when called out they hide behind the human rights act look who long it took us to get rid of hook hands Abu Hamza and how much it cost British tax payers.

He should have have been put on a plane the first time he caused problems then thrown off it (parachute optional) over the USA or any other nation that he was wanted by!

That's the kind of people this is aimed at !!!!

So you're want every single person in the UK to give up the right to live, fair trial, imprisonment, slavery, torture, execution, privacy etc.. just because of a couple of extremists who haven't done anything for years and pose no risk compared to IRA days.

Crazy stuff, can't believe people buy this nonsense.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

All the details are in the bottom right of the image.

Here's the site and info

www.thepeoplesassembly.org.uk...

So will you be attending?

I find it interesting that they are asking for donations from people to protest about having too little money.

I'ts a shame that they did not organise it for a date after the recent budget announcement.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Activism and recruitment for such events is not allowed or allowed to be discussed on ATS.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Shouldn't really have posted the flyer for the demonstration then really, if you have such passion for ats rules?

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I was posting the quote from Michael Sheen, nothing more.
I was asked about the event and gave a link as nonspecific was having trouble reading the info... I am not recruiting nor drumming up support for it.

The last thing one wants to do on the internet is start saying where they will be and what protests (if any) they will attending and travel plans etc.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I was posting the quote from Michael Sheen, nothing more.
I was asked about the event and gave a link as nonspecific was having trouble reading the info... I am not recruiting nor drumming up support for it.

The last thing one wants to do on the internet is start saying where they will be and what protests (if any) they will attending and travel plans etc.

I was not looking for specifics from you I just wondered if you were looking to actively protest/donate or simply plug the event so others may do so on your behalf.

I did not wish to appear overly nosey as it were.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I was not looking for specifics from you

Um.... What??

This is what you asked

Where is this protest please.

What is the aim of it in real terms? If I attend what will I be in support of?

That sounds fairly specific to me...

Anyway, whatever.
I posted an image, nothing more.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I find it interesting that they are asking for donations from people to protest about having too little money.

It's sadly the norm. To put on free transport for people all across the country to attend, do all the required paperwork, placards etc.. costs tens of thousands. The left are usually arranged so those that can afford to donate, pay for the transport of the poorest and most vulnerable (who are worst affected by the cuts) who otherwise would not be able to attend.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Fair enough, but personally I interpreted it as you advertising a demo as the designer of the flyer clearly intended it to be such a promotional tool.

By including the demo date, time and location you promoted it on ats, thus breaking the rules you stated. Perhaps open photoshop next time and crop it so you conform to the rules you quickly stated to Nonspecific.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I was reffereing to your personal privacy and identity regarding your attendance.

To ask for more information on a planned protest and it's aims when you have promoted it is within reason in my opinion.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Fair enough, but personally I interpreted it as you advertising a demo as the designer of the flyer clearly intended it to be such a promotional tool.

By including the demo date, time and location you promoted it on ats, thus breaking the rules you stated. Perhaps open photoshop next time and crop it so you conform to the rules you quickly stated to Nonspecific.

I also assumed it was a direct promotion of the demonstration as opposed to simply a quote.

A simple misunderstanding and no harm done.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join