It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain is too tolerant and should interfere more in people's lives, says David Cameron

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: nonspecific
I find it interesting that they are asking for donations from people to protest about having too little money.

It's sadly the norm. To put on free transport for people all across the country to attend, do all the required paperwork, placards etc.. costs tens of thousands. The left are usually arranged so those that can afford to donate, pay for the transport of the poorest and most vulnerable (who are worst affected by the cuts) who otherwise would not be able to attend.

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that as such, just a little odd to ask.

Michael Sheen has a net worth of 3 million, I would have thought a tax deductable donation would be worth at least as much as his picture on the poster if not more.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Na man...just posting a pic
There's nothing stopping people posting about protests (not that that's what I was doing) or whatever... it's trying to recruit people or use ATS as a platform.

Talking about a protest - I mean there was plenty of it on here during Occupy, Tea Party, Anti-War stuff and whatever else.
It's not a big issue at all.

If I made a thread saying "HEY EVERYONE COME TO MY PROTEST" and had a site and was asking for info or whatever then that's an issue.
Giving a quote that an actor said is no issue at all, it's not my protest, not my image, so really not fussed.

Not sure why we're still talking about it to be honest.

I guess I'm being trolled and I'm still biting...

Oh well.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

No trolling fella, just clarification after you spouted 'the rules' after you posted a promotional flyer for a demo. No worries, you just needed Michael Sheens words to make a point, I understand.

Off topic but I shared a stage a few times with him at West Glamorgan Youth Theatre, couple of years older than me but was always genuine and kind.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: blupblup

No trolling fella, just clarification after you spouted 'the rules' after you posted a promotional flyer for a demo. No worries, you just needed Michael Sheens words to make a point, I understand.

Off topic but I shared a stage a few times with him at West Glamorgan Youth Theatre, couple of years older than me but was always genuine and kind.

You re full of suprises arn't you?

Ukip supporting tree hugging thespian??. They won't be putting you in any kind of box any time soon will they.

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

No pigeon hole I'll ever fit into that's for sure lol.

On topic though, I'll wait for the details of any white paper published by the government before worrying too much. If the specific wording causes me concern then I'll react accordingly, but until then it is just rhetoric from the mouths of politicians, nothing more.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It's hard for people like Cameron to get through to the paranoid crazies who believe the government is evil and will drag them off to FEMA camps. The people against this have to use ridiculous arguments like they will keep expanding surveillance programs and it won't stop all attacks (both are just silly statements to say the least). It's just sad to see England in the shape it's in and It's time for the UK to join the rest of the world with common sense policies! Hopefully they could use this to go after criminals, sex traffickers, and groups who pose a potential threat to society (like those crazy people who had melt downs in 2010 and 2011).
edit on 6-6-2016 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

link   
sorry for the triple post.

link   
It's hard for people like Cameron to get through to the paranoid crazies who believe the government is evil and will drag them off to FEMA camps. The people against this have to use ridiculous arguments like they will keep expanding surveillance programs and it won't stop all attacks (both are just silly statements to say the least). It's just sad to see England in the shape it's in and It's time for the UK to join the rest of the world with common sense policies!

CX

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   
He is right....we are too tolerant.

We should be out there on the steps of parliment far more often, protesting the total pondlife we have in government.

CX.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
David Cameron needs to man up and the way he reacted to the riots after the election, the riots in 2011, and even the 2010 protests was pathetic. England needs to do everything it can to implement common sense policies to cut down the amount of crazy/violent people living in the UK. Cameron and the rest of England needs to step up before the things that are going on the US happen in England (people attacking others for going to a political event they don't like and terrorism).

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's the way I read it, but as we are on a conspiracy site people will look at the extreme possibilities and assume that will actually happen.

Anyway is it true as people on here claim the media never tells us the truth to start with.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone',” he said.

Just let that comment sink in...

www.independent.co.uk...

These are frankly terrifying comments from Cameron.
As well as bringing the "Snoopers Charter" and other draconian and invasive measures into force, Cameron now wants to invade, snoop and interfere into our personal lives and have free reign over what we say, write and whatever else.

Of course this is being proposed under the guise of "Radicalism" and the whole "if you've got nothing to hide" nonsense will be trotted out but where does this stop? Anti-Government speech perhaps? Protests?

I feared a Tory Government because of what they will do to the poorest and most vulnerable... but there are lot of things that they will do to further erode our privacy and freedoms... including Free Speech.

uk.reuters.com...

Just some random thoughts on this.

They want us to accept a loss of our freedoms and privacy in order to stop terrorists who seek to take away our freedoms and privacy.

Our governments have become cyber predators

Governments have always disproved of public criticism and displays of disobedience.

Governments who regard their people as threats regard privacy as suspicious behavior therefore they
believe they have an obligation to find out what you're doing in private.

If we install doubt that the govts and authorities are there to look after you and not control you, the less people will trust them.

The only question is will he give us more govt of the people by the people or less of it?

Will they ever restore our privacy and our rights?

Will they ever roll back the roll out of tyranny?

No One Should Have The Right To Override Someone Else’s Rights Least Of All Government

Supreme authority or power is vested in the people not politicians.

In a surveillance state they collect all information, information that has national security and non national security information.

With mass storage of total data comes the risk of the misuse of the data to commit crime trough blackmail. Mass data collection is secretive by its nature and is therefore an anathema to open government.

If the government investigates a person, someone that person is already under suspicion of having done something wrong and therefore has something to hide

There is no divine right of rule by politicians

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join