It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS #LondonAttack Threats Linked to Texas Terrorist Attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

so, lets get this sraight.

these guys are on twitter announcing 'attacks;' and showing themselves in the process?
edit on CDTTue, 12 May 2015 11:16:54 -0500u3111x154x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
To be honest, if i was running Intelligence Ops i would leave the guy alone as well - by that i mean covert observation rather than rush in and arrest him. People like him can be extremely useful intelligence tools.

Or, to put it another way, he doesn't seem to be actively involved but he does seem to know what is going on. Milk him for all he is worth and when he has outlived his usefulness, bring him in.

These people aren't exactly the smartest Jihadi's are they. Most of them seem to have some kind of learning difficulty - not to be offensive there, it's just a fact that we can't ignore and it should be used to our advantage.

Every time one of these people posts something they risk hanging over more information to the agencies, so perhaps it's much better to leave them running their mouths off and gathering intel on who they are associated with, where they are, how credible they are, etc.

Personally I think most of these freaks are trolling, probably getting random pics from Google and posting them in an effort to create fear, they do seem to be attention whores.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

these guys are on twitter nnouning 'atacks;' and showing themselves in the process?

Some of them really are that brain dead, but some of them are actually nothing more than propaganda. The photos aren't them, they're some poor sap they grabbed off Google.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

That at least is a clear re-hash of the classic IRA urban myth/scare attempt where an old dear in London, Brum (well, before it was taken over by Sharia looool) or Manchester meets an Irish guy who needs loose change, helps him, and gets told to stay away from such and such a town or shopping centre next week.

That's no myth. I had this happen in Birmingham; an Irish chap asked for change and said the exact thing. Same night, this happened...

Link to old BBC Article

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

these guys are on twitter nnouning 'atacks;' and showing themselves in the process?

Sure...why not? It isn't like twitter tracking is real time, or they can't just set up another account immediately after one is suspended. Easy way to communicate for them, and to pass along when something has happened. They all have certain tags they follow so when that tag pops up they know who to look for.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Appears #AmsterdamAttack is now beginning to trend in the IS community.....

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Photo possibly stolen from here....

linkis.com...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

originally posted by: skalla

That at least is a clear re-hash of the classic IRA urban myth/scare attempt where an old dear in London, Brum (well, before it was taken over by Sharia looool) or Manchester meets an Irish guy who needs loose change, helps him, and gets told to stay away from such and such a town or shopping centre next week.

That's no myth. I had this happen in Birmingham; an Irish chap asked for change and said the exact thing. Same night, this happened...

Link to old BBC Article

Sure, but the use of the scare tactic (and no doubt subsequent repeating as an urban myth/shaggy dog story) pre-dates that considerably - i personally know one person whose mother claimed to have received such a warning in 1999/2000 in Manchester (Trafford Centre), and heard many instances of it throughout the 80's and 90's.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That pic is found near the bottom of this page....

www.memri.org...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

It probably is used as either scare tactics or just an outright joke, but in my case there was an actual attempted IRA attack just a few hours later.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

I often think it was just used as a mean joke, and i feel for you getting caught up in a potential attack, my sister was about 3 mins out of her normal schedule from getting killed by the '96 bomb in Manchester.

Having lived around Brum most of my life as well as Manchester i've heard the "warning" story a load of times.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Story in the Mirror, no-ones taking it seriously apparently....

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

The authorities are well-aware of this particular hash-tag but they won't necessarily hear what's being said on the streets. Thus, if ever somebody personally gives you a warning then don't mess around because these are dangerous times; take heed and call 0800 789321.

edit on 12th May 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Thank you and others for your updates and digging. This is very interesting story. Hopefully nothing happens, or if something is truly in the works, it's stopped before it goes off.

Another aspect of naming targets is to get a police there to judge the response time or to make it more target rich (since it was pointed out earlier in the thread that law enforcement is a particular target).

Also, I would trust some of what The Jester has to say. He's proven to be credible in the past.
edit on 5/12/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think this is probably nothing.

One of the things about these kind of threats via social media is to cause panic and disruption which is why they are probably saying Amsterdam is also now a threat. This kind of thing can be a nightmare for the security services because it can also distract for real threats.

I am not saying that I am dismissing it, just saying that just because ISIS say they are going to attack does not mean they will.

Interestingly the UK threat level remains at Severe, I think if this was a clear and present danger to national security JTAC would have put it right up to Critical.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was about to say that these silly hashtags are potentially just wasting the time of the security services.

If people were going to launch an attack then you would think one of the primary things would be to keep it a secret and not plaster it all over social media, thus alerting people to it.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Any EXIF info on the original image? I don't do Twatter

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonspurter

Any EXIF info on the original image? I don't do Twatter

Not that I could find. All of the accounts I took these from have now been suspended it looks like.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If nothing comes of these things, can we have ATS sending all future instances of this sent to the HOAX bin?

I have a feeling now that the community here has gotten wind of these trolls it's likely every time one of those accounts posts some BS it's gonna end up in another thread of nonsense, and if nothing else it's just wasting the time of the intel agencies by having it all repeated here.

We don't need to be making more noise for them to sift through by repeating all this, if it's rubbish.

If something does happen (I highly doubt it) then we'll have reason for discussion and perhaps an ongoing single thread will be worthwhile.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09
If people were going to launch an attack then you would think one of the primary things would be to keep it a secret and not plaster it all over social media, thus alerting people to it.

Which is exactly why it's bs intended to do nothing more than waste intel services time and cause fear - and I don't think they're achieving either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join