It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Cop Brutally Assaults Handcuffed Woman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Crappy Cops Comes In All Colors
But that blue line protects them all, for how on God's Green Earth he does not face charges..enough Already!!!
edit on 6-5-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

She was punched once, I wouldn't consider that a brutal assault. She did kick him first but that does not justify him punching her that hard. I wonder if he thought he could get away with it because he was undercover? He should have gotten more than a slap on the wrist for that also. I think if a cop hits someone like that without the other person trying to beat the crap out of them that it should be treated the same as if he was a regular citizen. There are some situations where cops need to use force and get physical for their safety or others and that's understandable, but from what I can see in the video this is not one of those situations.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ya of course the correct response to getting kicked in the shin by a handcuffed lady is to cold clock her.

It was totally illegal for her to do it, so charge her for it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya of course the correct response to getting kicked in the shin by a handcuffed lady is to cold clock her.

It was totally illegal for her to do it, so charge her for it.

Yeah but come on man bounds of reason here, I know bouncers who could handle that situation way better than that cop, he at least could have added assault charges, and what about the dude who tried to call the "COPS" lets not forget he had a history of brutality, frankly he is not right for the job and should find life else where.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Crappy Cops Comes In All Colors
But that blue line protects them all, for how on God's Green Earth he does not face charges..enough Already!!!

There was even a guy that thought the cop was a mugger, stepped in to help the woman and got knocked out for his efforts! The cop never mentioned there was any assault of the arrestee in his complaint, so he only got a slap on the wrist, but NOT A THING was mentioned about knocking out the guy who thought he was coming to her rescue, so no punishment for that whatsoever!

Not to mention, he was not given a 2 month suspension until 2 YEARS after the assault! Plus the city is facing 3 other lawsuits because of this guy and they just paid $60,000 to clear one up due to him as well. I don't know about you, but that would be a HUGE clue to get rid of him and FAST!

The altercation which spawned from the model's arrest led to an internal investigation and an FBI probe in August 2013, according to the Miami Herald.

On the night of the incident, Archer had responded to a call of a disturbance at a South Beach condo. A concierge called police claiming that Adamescu was drunk in the lobby of the South Bay Club and would not leave.

Adamescu was arrested by Archer for being drunk and disorderly and he took her to the Miami Beach Police Department, which is approximately one mile from the condo area.

A passerby, Andrew Mossberg, saw Archer going through Adamescu's purse and thought he was witnessing a mugging, so he called the police and stepped in to defend the model, even after the plain clothes officer identified himself.

Adamescu then hit Archer while he was distracted, who then struck both the model and Mossberg in the moments following.

'Apparently that really infuriated him, because he rushed me, kicked me in the head, the left side of the head, and knocks me on the ground,' Mossberg told CBS shortly after the incident. 'While I'm on the ground he punches me twice, and I'm knocked out.'

Archer then reportedly told another officer to photograph him - all smiles - with a bandaged Mossberg who was put into custody.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3069519/Miami-Beach-cop-kicked-punched-handcuffed-model-suspended-MONTH-two-years-assault.html]Source[/ur l]

A report following the police investigation into the incident claims that Archer knew he 'used excessive force'.

The statement reads: 'Your experience, knowledge of rules, policies and proper practice dictates that you knew you should have reported and documented the events at the police station, you knew that taking a photo with a prisoner was inappropriate, you knew you should have properly secured the prisoners, and you knew you used excessive force.

So in other words, he knew he done bad, but it's ok as long he remembers not to do it again. Bad boy!

edit on 5/6/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

He should be charged with assault like anyone else. He was wrong and since we are reliant on our Officers to be professional and at least law abiding themselves, he should be dismissed especially since it wasn't the first time he was involved in an incident. Just like commentator said, its no wonder why people get upset because there is a mentality that as long as you are in uniform that you can abuse your power over someone who is helpless as in handcuffed.

No excuse for his behavior even though she did swing her foot in his direction...none. And to be suspended for 4 weeks but only serve it at 2 days a week over an unknown time frame ? I don't even know how it can be justified especially in light of all the other incidents.

I do not believe for a second that all Officers are bad...however a solid majority would defend and turn a blind eye to this sort of behavior and protect someone that they knew to be totally corrupt. In my mind it makes them complicit in a crime and they need to be held accountable. The bad thing is that some bad officer could pull this sorta of thing on someone actually guilty and that that person gets off free because of it...that should burn everyone up especially if that individual went on to commit another crime perhaps even against another officer. He should be fired period as he doesn't have the temperament to deal effectively with the individuals he will come into contact with as a peace officer.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Protecting and serving.
I want a badge so I can get vacations for beating the crap out of skinny, defenseless women.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So..I don't hear anyone in Miami screaming "white lives matter".

I dont see anyone burning cop cars or looting shops...

I dont see days and nights of rioting....

I dont see a title that says -
"WHITE girl beaten by BLACK cop"

Am I missing something here...?

Ah, yeah, theres no problem because she aint BLACK.

If she was black, the first line in the media would read -
BLACK MODEL beaten by police.

But no..shes a white, so it wont provoke any problem from the oppresed collective..

As for the elderly guy who tried to help, well, he should know better than to step in when a brother is teaching a bitch how to behave In públic..

So what we have here is the perfect example of how the media see police violence.

If its white on black..It sells. It causes days and nights of fear and flame and hate.

If its black on white, get over it.
edit on AM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

Yes you are missing something, not all police brutality against Blacks is connected to race , but much of it is, and not all racist abuse of cops including murders results in uprisings by Blacks, matter of fact it is rare and if Whites were made targets of racial profiling and abuse including murder by Black cops it would end yesterday, for whites as a whole do not put up with isht.
edit on 7-5-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Unfortunately it won't provoke anything from the "non oppressed collective" either. This officer assaulted others too and is facing, as sources say shared in the thread-from CBS, at least three other lawsuits. Yet get another slap on the hand. Shear corruption at hand as that area is known for it.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Yes you are missing something, not all police brutality against Blacks is connected to race , but much of it is, and not all racist abuse of cops including murders results in uprisings by Blacks, matter of fact it is rare and if Whites were made targets of racial profiling and abuse including murder by Black cops it would end yesterday, for whites as a whole do not put up with isht.

Dont misunderstand me, I know that police brutality in the 99% of cases isn't race based, just violence based, "because I can" Based.

However, the MSM always turn it into a race issue with every - BLACK suspect beat, BLACK man dies in custody etc etc.

Here race wont enter the deal because the MSM cant Milk it for anything to keep racial tensions high.

A cop is a cop, black or white just as the detainee is a detainee..However the MSM just love to put the colour before the man.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Ok I understand your POV, and I agree.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Maybe she shouldn't have dropped the n-bomb on him and flailed at him.

Not that it excuses his actions. But she instigated the living hell out of this.

Oh well. Should've kept his head and not crossed the line and "brutally" assaulted her.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Maybe she shouldn't have dropped the n-bomb on him and flailed at him.

When did she call him the "N" word we cant say..and as for flailing, she kicked him in the shin, be it unsucessfully.

He punched her in the head while she's cuffed, does she have her head bandaged aswell ??

He should be dismissed, without question.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

But no..shes a white, so it wont provoke any problem from the oppresed collective..

As for the elderly guy who tried to help, well, he should know better than to step in when a brother is teaching a bitch how to behave In públic..

So what we have here is the perfect example of how the media see police violence.

If its white on black..It sells. It causes days and nights of fear and flame and hate.

Racist plain and simple. You are exposed. It's not about race it's about police oppression. Get focused if you can see through your hatred.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Did you actually BOTHER in reading the post or any other post on the thread ??

I think not..

As I stated above, it's not about race, its about how the MEDIA USE RACE TO SELL THE STORY TO THE PUBLIC and maintain the level of racial tension high..

Ignorant, plain and simple..you are exposed.

Please READ before you comment.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Please read the 6th post above..it may clarify my point of view over the matter, but as some people are just obessed with dragging race into the problem...I doubt it will help.

Anyone who questions the media's stance on what they print has to have something wrong with them..right'?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel

Racist plain and simple. You are exposed. It's not about race it's about police oppression. Get focused if you can see through your hatred.
Calling out hypocrisy is racist now? Interesting. Andy has a valid point. If this situation was a black woman and a white cop, it would be all over the news. But because it's a white woman and a black cop, it's barely a blip.

How is that not hypocritical?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: damwel

Calling out hypocrisy is racist now? Interesting. Andy has a valid point. If this situation was a black woman and a white cop, it would be all over the news. But because it's a white woman and a black cop, it's barely a blip.

How is that not hypocritical?

Oh my god, you must be a racist too...

Hypocrisy is what it is. You just have to read through the thread titles of this forum to see how many are titled -

Black man beaten by cops.

Black man dies in custody.

Black man shot in back by police.

Why not just put..""Man dies in police custody"..because it's more important to the MSM that he's black than the fact he died in custody, thats why.

As I stated above, the MSM always put the colour before the man, but ONLY WHEN IT SUITS, and only when IT KEEPS TENSION HIGH.

Question - How come this wasn't titled "WHITE WOMAN beaten by black cop.."

Answer - Because this doesn't matter. We all know she got a slap for what she did, not because she's white. But if it was the other way around, Miami would be having a long hot weekend.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

While I can't stand the Young Turks channel, this officer was absolutely in the wrong.

But the commentary goes into stupidity when he says things like, "This is what happens in America, and then, gee, I wonder why communities get pissed. Whether it's Ferguson, it's Baltimore, or it's South Beach..."

First, this happens statistically rarely in America, you just see it on the news, so it appears to happen quite often.

Also, this idiot is still mindlessly repeating the lie that what happened to Mike Brown was some sort of police brutality.

Yes, this LEO was in the wrong in this particular instance, but this is not indicative of American LEOs as a whole, nor was what happened in Ferguson even remotely similar.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join