It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live coverage of substantial tornado outbreak in central Oklahoma right now 5/6/2015

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Poof! Heads up Wichita! It's coming your way now.

And Sooners may get Boomed down in Norman.
edit on 6-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Greathouse

Oh, you know that's true. The one that hit our town when I was growing up? Hit 'em both and hopped over everything in between. Oh! It hit the manufactured home factory too.

God went after the source Huh?
edit on 6-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Greathouse

Oh, you know that's true. The one that hit our town when I was growing up? Hit 'em both and hopped over everything in between. Oh! It hit the manufactured home factory too.

God went after the source Huh?

I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

I may have to leave you all at some point, several supercells SW of me in Texas that all have rotation. One just north of Seymour, TX that looks like it's heading right for us. Still plenty of time, but also plenty of time for it to increase in strength.
edit on 6-5-2015 by EdSurly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EdSurly

I've been on a roll lately!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdSurly
a reply to: Cauliflower

Nah, you just dig a hole and make an underground shelter....underground is the only F5 proof shelter there is. At least as far as I'm concerned. And as for basements, I don't think the soil type really has anything to do with it. I have been in homes with full size basements in many parts of the state, I think it has more to do with the fact that there isn't any need for them to protect our water lines in the winter and they are expensive. Besides, a full size basement isn't where I would want to be in a storm, I want to be in a cement storm shelter away from the house. If the house were to take a direct hit, you will be buried under tons of rubble if you're in a basement.

Just what I was thinking, thanks for that imformation If they turn out to be F5'S the rubble will be all over the place.
Good luck to all there in the danger area.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I may have to leave you all at some point, several supercells SW of me in Texas that all have rotation. One just north of Seymour, TX that looks like it's heading right for us. Still plenty of time, but also plenty of time for it to increase in strength.

Good idea, it would be very ironic if something happened to you and your family after taking the time to post a thread warning every one here about the dangers.
Take shelter if you think you need it and post back later if you can.

All the best to you,
Iwinder

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Apparently the Geronimo, Oklahoma dome schools were designed to withstand an F5.
Makes sense that you would need the right aerodynamics to provide downforce.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Power flashes right now in Norman as the tornado is on the ground tracking directly over I-35

I should say the tornado looks to be in a fairly low population area of Norman. At least not tracking through the middle of town....it's really in between Norman and south Moore it looks like.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Apparently the Geronimo, Oklahoma dome schools were designed to withstand an F5.

The school in Geronimo is tornado "resistant". I haven't ever heard anyone say it was F5 proof, and would be highly suspect if they did. Geronimo is just a few miles from me.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The school in Geronimo is tornado "resistant". I haven't ever heard anyone say it was F5 proof, and would be highly suspect if they did. Geronimo is just a few miles from me.

Has it gone through a major tornado yet?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I forgot about the dome. Interestinly enough, there are domes popping up in Texas. Supposedly they're FEMA "death" domes.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No, no tornadoes, major or minor have hit the Geronimo Schools.

I should say; none have hit the new domed school.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I live in Moore. I left my place and went North a while ago.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KewlDaddyFatty

I'm not really sure what you mean....Because of the storms? Another tornadic storm has dropped another tornado north of Anadarko, it's tracking NE also which will put it into western OKC in an hour....assuming the tornado stays active the whole time.

Tried to call my mother in law in Blanchard, cell service is down
Also another confirmed tornado on the ground in NW Oklahoma just south of Fairview...and a new warning issued for Tinker AFB, and another new area north of Tuttle (SW of OKC/Moore area)...which would track it into........Moore.......again.....

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KewlDaddyFatty
I live in Moore. I left my place and went North a while ago.

Stay safe! Was there gridlock on the highways? Where did you go, to other family members?

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There's some ugly storm cells coming thru right now. I'm a tad north of Okc, sirens are going off as I type. Looks like we're getting some flooding too. With more cells to come by the look of things. There are reports of damage but not sure of the severity.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Stay safe Shredder!

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

a reply to: KewlDaddyFatty

I'm not really sure what you mean....Because of the storms? Another tornadic storm has dropped another tornado north of Anadarko, it's tracking NE also which will put it into western OKC in an hour....assuming the tornado stays active the whole time.

Tried to call my mother in law in Blanchard, cell service is down
Also another confirmed tornado on the ground in NW Oklahoma just south of Fairview...and a new warning issued for Tinker AFB, and another new area north of Tuttle (SW of OKC/Moore area)...which would track it into........Moore.......again.....

I know how you feel. I lost contact with my sis in Norman. I hope she's okay...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I have to go make sure my friends are okay and make sure that they're watching out. You stay safe, too.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The choppers are showing heavy damage in Bridge Creek, the meteorologist is saying F2 to F3 damage. Still several tornadoes on the ground but most are in unpopulated areas.

However, there is one tornado on the ground SW of Bridge Creek and it is actually tracking to Bridge Creek. So they could get hammered by two tornadoes.

For the second time today, Will Rogers World Airport in OKC is taking tornado shelter.

misspelled "chopper" lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join