It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live coverage of substantial tornado outbreak in central Oklahoma right now 5/6/2015

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EdSurly

Nah...my girl and decided it should be called "Roarnado"

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
DelCity Fire is launching Jon Boats to rescue people. They're reporting waist deep water on many streets. Will Rogers Airport is closed for the rest of the night after a tornado touched down on it.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yikes! My girl's sister is in Del City! We're calling right now to see if she's sailing or not...

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

My wife is from OKC, she graduated from Putnam City North High School in 1995. Kinda funny because I'm about as country fried as they come lol. She used to make fun of me for saying; "I gotta run into town." when I needed to go to the store. She'd say; "Were IN town!" Now I have her saying it lol

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Flash Flood emergency until 9am tomorrow. They're reporting 5-8 inches of rain so far with more coming down. There's one spot on the Accumulation Map that shows 10 inches of rain has fallen so far, just to the south west of OKC. Will Rogers Airport is reporting 6 inches in the last 3 hours.
edit on 5/6/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Nah...my girl and decided it should be called "Roarnado"

Good one! I gotta say, Im still partial to Tigerflood

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Flash Flood emergency until 9am tomorrow. They're reporting 5-8 inches of rain so far with more coming down. There's one spot on the Accumulation Map that shows 10 inches of rain has fallen so far, just to the south west of OKC. Will Rogers Airport is reporting 6 inches in the last 3 hours.

I think we're going to see some areas well north of 10" tomorrow in the City. South of Wichita Falls and down around Archer City, TX theres areas showing 8 and 9" from these extremely slow moving storms. I'm heading to bed....been a long night of weather watching. Tomorrow it's supposed to be wild here in southwestern OK, and Saturday is supposed to be another epic storm day for SW Oklahoma. Fingers crossed we don't get blown away! When the meteorologists is that certain about a storm breakout they're usually right.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Del City has called back off duty personnel, and has requested assistance from Forest Park FD. They're reporting historic flooding in OKC.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There is still quite of few tornado warnings ongoing for this time of the night throughout Nebraska, Texas, & one in Oklahoma I think.

Water rescues in Lincoln, Nebraska is being reported as well.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I have been in every type storm imaginable and you could not pay me to live in Oklahoma. No way, nope not happening unless I live in a former nuclear missile silo and drive the TIV around lol. I used to live in Northern Illinois, we had a twister try to tun my parents motor home into a plane for a minute. A massive tornado hit to our south when I was a baby so what did they do? They built a nuclear power plant right in the old path of it. Now it almost gets slammed by one every time a big twister hits that area which is common. Kind of like OKC, its only a matter of time before it takes a direct hit.

This is just one monster that hit by there recently.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... This is how big that sucker got. Watch till the end.

www.youtube.com... The whole life of this monster from start to finish.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Patriotsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

This is funny, I agree with you.

I have lived in several places around the world and I know people are perhaps going to find this hard to believe but I am in fact a S**T magnet for natural disasters. I have been in Tornado, multiple Typhoon, multiple Earthquake, a volcano, a tsunami zone as well as smaller man made disasters such as riots verging on civil war.

In all these situations I never really felt worried or in danger per se, but wouldn't you know it, that as soon as I move to Tulsa Oklahoma a few months ago I get a Tornado damn near land on my head!!!

Seriously? I mean I decided to move here of all places where I am literally 100% likely to not only be within cuddling distance of a tornado, if I'm not careful I'm going to get slapped around by one.
The one that happened a month ago was directly across the street from me I watched it pass (Like an idiot) and was blown on my ass in my back yard.

Ever since then I have been reevaluating my decision to stay in this state. I'm a Texan naturally....I have no business being here. I don't even have a storm shelter. As I type this I hear thunder, and I noticed that some siding has been blown off my house.

If you could see the look on my face right now, it's that "Please give me a swift kick in the butt" look.

edit on 7-5-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
LOL Now what about the events of the past month or so would give anyone the impression that the world is gonna end soon.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

Stay away from super volcanoes and Alabama; ya hear me?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ventian

I go to japan for two days and I give the world Fukushima and a massive Tsunami.
Go to the Philippines Myon eruption.
The Day after I leave Thailand one of the largest Tsunamis ever.

Should I be taking this to the ATS Grey Area? LOL
Im, scaring myself now. * nervously laughs....

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
LOL Now what about the events of the past month or so would give anyone the impression that the world is gonna end soon.

Oh no it cant be, we just have instant communications now they say, cough cough. Like we did not have the telephone, TV and satellites 30 years ago lol. Is the world ending? NOPE, BUT God is ending ours on it. He has Hillary s Reset button and he is about to make it work lol.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: snowen20

Please do not visit Florida during Hurricane season. I hate replacing shingles and dam sure like the inside of my house dry. I am getting a new roof put on before Hurricane season but I really do not want all that money going to the birds, literally lol.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
We have earthquakes here, but they're not on some kind of annual schedule like "tornado season".

We never know when they'll happen or how big they'll be. We can go years without one.

I'll take that over dealing with storms and tornados every. single. year.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Unless you live in Moore, they aren't as common as you think. I've lived here my whole life and have never even seen a tornado. Been near them before, but never ever seen one. I wouldn't be able to live anywhere that the weather wasn't interesting, though. I like contrasts.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

lol i lived in forest park till i was 18 .Nw50th and coltrane. they were a volunteer fd . that may have changed in the last 18 years tho. i know because our field burn many times around the 4th of july

i went to midwest city hs next to tinker afb. i hate del city

bomber 4 life
edit on am520153102America/ChicagoThu, 07 May 2015 02:25:13 -0500_5000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

holy crap thats a lil creepy

ive dated a few ladies from PCHS and i was a grad in 95 . im afraid to ask her name lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join